Author Topic: I'm LOSING IT! I'm really losing it I think  (Read 2618 times)

[Buddie]

I'm LOSING IT! I'm really losing it I think
« on: June 23, 2010, 06:29:54 pm »
I am feeling worse than ever recently.  I think I am going to pass out, have a seizure, or go completely insane.  I am not functioning. I can't do anything except pace around my house. I feel nauseous, dizzy, lightheaded, my entire body is shaking/quivering/trembling (sometimes visibly, sometimes I just feel it) my heart is racing, chest pains, icy/hot adrenaline rushes, shortness of breath, severe weakness in my limbs, I'm thirsty no matter what I drink/eat.  I can't focus on anything, I can't read, watch TV.  I think this is a health problem.  I think something is going on with adrenaline problems, or blood sugar problems.  My anxiety had improved the past 1.5-2 weeks overall, until this started yesterday.  I cannot keep going like this, absolutely cannot.  My daughter is at my mother in laws today, but she is coming back this evening and I feel that I cannot care for her as I am not functioning.  I'm scared and frustrated. I need someone to find out what is wrong and fix it, this has to stop.
To be honest, I want it to stop so bad I am feeling like I want to take benzos but I am scared because I don't want things to get any worse.  (I can't anyways because I am pregnant).
I think I need to be in a psych department or something.  This is not ok.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: I'm LOSING IT! I'm really losing it I think
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2010, 06:32:31 pm »
Have your doc order some blood work.  If it's adrenals or blood sugar it will show up.  I'm sorry that you aren't doing well.  I hope it improves.   Did you have w/d after you quit?
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2010, 07:29:27 pm »
My doctor has done blood work, but I think they only checked like thyroid and electrolyte stuff.  They won't do anything else, they only send me away saying it is anxiety.

[Buddie]

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2010, 07:32:25 pm »
You do need to get some bloodwork done.

We were on K for almost the same amount of time, and the same dosage.

You tapered rather fast, as did I (didn't know any better).

I think you are having a major setback due to the fast taper.
Everything you are experiencing, I experienced...except for the icy/hot adrenaline rushed and the shortness of breath.
I felt like I had cotton balls wrapped around my tongue...nothing would quench my thirst.  

It could very well be another health problem, and you need to be checked out.

But, if anxiety was getting better and you were feeling better, you could be having a major setback.

Hope things get better......it is miserable, I know.  And very, very scary.

Tish

[Buddie]

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2010, 07:40:04 pm »
Can you see another doc?  I have worked in the medical field for years and one thing I have learned is that when someone won't do something for you immediately find someone else.  I don't mess around.   If they won't help me I'm out of there.   This year when I was having my hormone problems I saw about 11 different people before I found someone who would really help me. 
I would consider seeing a naturopath (ND).   Or even a chiropractor who will run saliva tests.  A saliva test will show your cortisol levels, hormones and alot of other things.  Cortisol will give a good picture of what is going on with your adrenal glands.  You can do blood as well for this.
ND's and chiros sometimes are more willing to do those kinds of tests although MD's can do the saliva tests too.
It could be anxiety but it's always good to find out for sure.

[Buddie]

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2010, 09:12:17 pm »
Melissa,

What is cortisol?  What does it do? 

And...a saliva test is an excellent idea.  Never thought of that and certainly never had a doctor mention it.

These are great suggestions.

Tish

[Buddie]

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2010, 09:38:44 pm »
Cortisol is the "stress" hormone.  It is produced by your adrenal glands.   Adenals also make a hormone called DHEA which is regarded as the youth hormone.   When you are under extreme stress both cortisol and dhea can be elevated. 
The reason you have probably never heard of saliva testing is that most MD's do blood.   Although I think some are becoming more receptive to the saliva tests.   
Like if you want to test your cortisol levels you collect a little tube full 4 times a day so you can get a good picture of how your adrenals are producing around the clock. Most people who have trouble sleeping are usually overproducing cortisol at night. You can test for melatonin too.  It's all really interesting.  There area saliva tests for female and male sex hormones too.  Some claim the saliva tests for hormones are more accurate than the blood tests.
Labs that do the testing are:   Aeron Labs
                                          Neuroscience
Take care!

[Buddie]

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2010, 10:13:08 pm »
There is nothing wrong with you, except for you're suffering from benzodiazepine withdrawal.  Everything, absolutely everything you've listed are classic symptoms, they are not going to kill you, or harm you in any way.  What they're going to do is make you incredibly miserable and scared.  The fear you're feeling is caused by the withdrawal, nothing more.  I know it doesn't feel like nothing, you can't see anything good because of it, but it's not real.

You must believe this is withdrawal, you must try to combat this by reading the Ashton Manual, gain comfort from seeing these symptoms in black and white.  Come here more often when you're feeling like this, don't let it get to this point before you seek us out.

I know I'm not cutting you much slack here, but you need to know that you're going to survive this, we all do as long as we DON'T take another benzo!

[Buddie]

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2010, 10:14:00 pm »
Great advice, Melissa  :thumbsup:

If they discover that your cortisol is out of whack, is there anything they can give you for it to help regulate it?

Hang in there, KEHP!  Do as your other buddies has suggested and push to have some blood work done if you are concerned, okay?  But as you had a break in s/x for a week to two this may just be yet another wave that you have to grit your teeth and fight through.  I really am so sorry that you are suffering so much, but try to remember that this is only temporary, hun.

[Buddie]

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2010, 11:30:35 pm »
WOW, Melissa,

You have opened my eyes to something I have NEVER heard of....from any doctor, psychiatrist or ANYONE!!

Thank you....will research the cortisol and seek out a saliva test.  It could have a lot to do with EVERYTHING!
THANK YOU!

[...]....hope things get better for you soon.  These are tough times......we feel sometimes like we are dying.
Just remember that many of us have been right where you are.  It won't kill you.  It will make you miserable
for a while, but you will get better.  Hang in there.

Tish