12.5 months

[ho...]

Hey - been a lurker for long time. Was on Ativan for 7 months, just 1mg at night. Went thru 3 month taper and I am now 12.5 months off. Starting last Thursday have gone thru a bit of a wave that comes and goes thruout the day. Not the anxiety I had before, more of a horrible depression and almost like I am about to burst into tears or just lose my mind. Sometimes I think I need to do that to cleanse my psyche a bit. But I thought I was almost there until this. Ugh, when will it end.

hi hopeful, congrats on making it past the one year mark. i am almost 2 years out and i had the horrible depression too, but it went away. hope it goes away for you soon

Hi hopeful.... a big congratulations to you for making it past one year mark. It  takes a lot of patience to deal with these horrific withdrawal but we will also heal and regain our normal life back when our injured CNS has been repaired and fully functional again. I also burst into tears a lot and feel better after crying.

Sending you and those still struggling lots of hugs and speedy healing!

Blessings!

Pi

hi hopeful, congrats on making it past the one year mark. i am almost 2 years out and i had the horrible depression too, but it went away. hope it goes away for you soon

Did you have horrible depression after the 1 year mark? I was doing pretty good just a couple weeks ago. Got a cold, the I think a sinus infection and then made the mistake of drinking pretty good one night. Then next day woke up depressed and haven't recovered since.

It is possible this is my Thyroid and I always seem to need to more Thyroid meds once the summer disappears.

Woke up last night at 1am with horrible panic attack and never feel asleep again. Two nights in a row. I'm in so much pain. Staying with my sister now, I don't think I would have made it thru this without her. Hard to be functional at work.

Sorry this thread probably belongs elsewhere.

hi, i had the depression between 6-12 months. Around 12 months, I started feeling more normal mentally, but I continued to be very sensitive. Anything stressful or stimulating (like a party) or illness (like a cold) would cause a setback. Our nervous systems are very sensitive. Please be careful and gentle with yourself.

hi, i had the depression between 6-12 months. Around 12 months, I started feeling more normal mentally, but I continued to be very sensitive. Anything stressful or stimulating (like a party) or illness (like a cold) would cause a setback. Our nervous systems are very sensitive. Please be careful and gentle with yourself.

This is exactly it. I got a cold and sinus infection and it has just sent me downward. Or something else has. Can't sleep more than a couple hours a night. Depressed and anxious .ugh just awful

This is exactly it. I got a cold and sinus infection and it has just sent me downward. Or something else has. Can't sleep more than a couple hours a night. Depressed and anxious .ugh just awful

Me too - I have been coughing for 2 weeks, feel weak and incredibly anxious - like I can't breathe and want to die - set way back in what i thought was a summer-long window

I am almost 1 yr off, and have been in a major setup for three weeks.  Anxiety/panic is worst ever. 

Depression is much milder than before.

Do we all hit a major setback around 12 month off?

I am almost 1 yr off, and have been in a major setup for three weeks.  Anxiety/panic is worst ever. 

Depression is much milder than before.

Do we all hit a major setback around 12 month off?

I think the switch from summer to fall is harder as well. Less sunlight etc. Summer is much easier to deal with.

• 3 weeks later...

I avoid stress, stimulation and sickness like the plague because I also just can't even right now. It's crazy to think how social and carefree I was before I ever touched a benzo. Gaaa hope to be that person again someday soon

• 5 weeks later...
[fa...]
My severe depression has lifted alot and I feel better in my mind and soul. I had my depression for about 11 months. I am 12.5 months out like you. I deal with dr/dp and electric currents in my body. Do you have these sxs?

I am now 14.5 months out. I have DP/DR, but not the electric current. Depression is still there but not as severe as a couple months ago. I am due for some Thyroid testing, being hypothyroid can cause depression. I may need a bump in NP Thyroid dose.