Am I crazy to be considering this?

My family thinks its a good idea if I take a week or two off when I am ready to jump off the lorezepam and go to florida with them. They think it will allow me time to just relax on the beach and not have to worry about waking up for work early etc. However there is one thing that has always been my dream that I would like to do in Florida while we are there. I would love to swim/snorkel with the manatees in their natural habit. I would have to take a boat there and of course have energy to snorkel etc. Am I crazy for even thinking I will be well enough to do this? I just feel like so many months have been stolen from my life already and I keep missing out on fun things and living life. Maybe this can be my reward for getting off the poison! I guess if I am too sick I can always cancel it.

I think if you feel well enough and motivated enough , do it. Come here , Florida is a fun place for tourism . We have many wonderful spots. The Peace River , swimming with the dolphins in Isla Morada , the sandy and peaceful beaches, and off course the Orlando area. So I say do it , is a wonderful reward after so many months of putting up with our little friends Lorazepam and Xanax. I am still not that good to do more , I am still fighting with this monster , but someday , someday I hope to be well enough to resume my travels I used to love to travel . Is the best investment you can get for yourself. Have fun and enjoy your vacation , you deserve it . :laugh:

If you can do it, there is no question that you should.  Life is short.  Don't miss any more of it than you have to.

ntw

Hi cantwaittobebetter

I say live your life and enjoy yourself!

My plan is to go camping and boating (wake boarding,fishing) with my family after I jump.

Plan for a quick uneventful recovery and by keeping busy having fun you will probably do just that, HAVE FUN!

Teakettle

I say go for it.  If you end up not being up for the snorkeling thing you can still lay on that beautiful beach!  It's a great reward for everything you have been through :)

Yeah, I'm in with the "go for it" crowd.  My wife's best friend took her daughter to do the mantee thing and they still talk about it from time to time.  It would serve as a reward of sorts, too.  If it were me I'd jump after having jumped.

John

Commune with nature and marine life; you've communed with benzos long enough!  Take that leap of faith!  Thumbs up on vacation in Florida!

I think that would be very relaxing for you..The sun has a calming affect on the brain as well.....you should do well

absolutely you should go for it!  if there is one thing i've learned through this, fear won't kill you and you definitely should not let it stand in the way of living life to the fullest!

it's nice to see someone getting excited about life again!  congrats and have fun! :thumbsup:

leslie