My experience as a depressive on a benzo

[jo...]

I now only jump on board once in a great while and write a few post as I am doing today. I am 64 and been dealing with major depression my entire life as did My Mom and Grandmother .  Depression can only be understood and appreciated by someone living it every day. I can tell You that in My personal experience while on the so called short term 4 month on K it made  My depression much worse especially during withdrawal which it increased that time substantially.

Depression is a common side effect of any benzo and everyone is different . I have read stories about people ended up with depression ever years after they were off drugs especially benzo's however again everyone is different . Its all in the gene's. If You do not or did not have depression before You took the benzo it is my belief the ride will not be as hard as it is when You are already a depressive  also the side effect of depression should leave You after a certain time off the benzo or other drug.

I ended up on K because of extreme insomnia so bad I had to be hospitalized. The sleep meds were a nightmare no pun intended I had no other options take the K or die. I went through hell and slowly worked Myself up to a lousy 4 hours of sleep that is the best I can do. Bottom line depression sucks and its a totally different experience for everyone . Do whatever works for You and give it time.

I was depressed and anxious before I found Klonopin but there is no doubt that the K made it worse. Not at first, but over time. It manifested in depressive episodes combined with severe mood swings

(mostly anger). Both the anger and the depression were ultimately the reasons I realized I need to stop. It took a while to connect the dots and realize the medication was making it worse.I just took more and more frequently thinking something else was making me worse. Benzos are very devious that way. 

In the middle of my taper and the physical symptoms come and go but the constant has been a depressive state. So I agree with your statements. I also know that removal of the poison will help. Maybe not totally, but it will help.

One second, one minute, one day at a time but always moving forward. It's the best I can do.

Agreed 100% I'm 60, lifetime history of depression, Mom - extreme depression and found the depression yet worsening under the Benzo w/d. I'm so glad you came out to say what so many of us are thinking or going through. So sorry, though, that you are have and are going through it. For me, it's been a freaking nightmare but not for me alone, I have no doubt. I would have hoped to get on a clinical trial of the treatment of depression and addiction with Psilocybin, of which reports have shown to favor by some degree as I understand - both in the UK and US. Also, happened to notice a few accounts of Benzo w/d responding to Remeron in treating insomnia and depression. I'm desperate as anyone would be under these circumstances. Both my cousin on mom's side and brother committed suicide due to depression, anxiety but as well, Benzo w/d in my brother's case. Best to you -

• 2 weeks later...

I now only jump on board once in a great while and write a few post as I am doing today. I am 64 and been dealing with major depression my entire life as did My Mom and Grandmother .  Depression can only be understood and appreciated by someone living it every day. I can tell You that in My personal experience while on the so called short term 4 month on K it made  My depression much worse especially during withdrawal which it increased that time substantially.

Depression is a common side effect of any benzo and everyone is different . I have read stories about people ended up with depression ever years after they were off drugs especially benzo's however again everyone is different . Its all in the gene's. If You do not or did not have depression before You took the benzo it is my belief the ride will not be as hard as it is when You are already a depressive  also the side effect of depression should leave You after a certain time off the benzo or other drug.

I ended up on K because of extreme insomnia so bad I had to be hospitalized. The sleep meds were a nightmare no pun intended I had no other options take the K or die. I went through hell and slowly worked Myself up to a lousy 4 hours of sleep that is the best I can do. Bottom line depression sucks and its a totally different experience for everyone . Do whatever works for You and give it time.

How are you Johnny?