Holy Moly I’m X Free

[Ar...]

“Take a pill and relax” ...that turned me into a 10+ year xanex user. Today...I’m free! Over the years I had to keep uping my dose just to feel relaxed. .5 mil turned into 1. 1 turned into 2 mil..2-3 then 3-4 mil a night. I was always obsessed making sure my pill of blues where with me. Today a full bottle is somewhere and I could care less.....

My taper began in May and ended last week. Although it was really hard, the end result, being free, trumps all those nights laying there sweating, afraid, panicked etc.

If anyone is struggling, please know it does get better. Keep fighting, keep going...the end may seem far away but it’s not the end it’s really the beginning...of a new life, a new perspective and a new You!

Hello Aries,

Congratulations and thanks for your encouraging message!!

I hope some day, before the end of the year, I will be in your situation. Already I am happy as I am 95% lees of the initial dose! Something it was unimaginable one year ago!!

I have been a Xanax dependent for such a long time!!

There is always a light at the end of the tunnel...

“Take a pill and relax” ...that turned me into a 10+ year xanex user. Today...I’m free! Over the years I had to keep uping my dose just to feel relaxed. .5 mil turned into 1. 1 turned into 2 mil..2-3 then 3-4 mil a night. I was always obsessed making sure my pill of blues where with me. Today a full bottle is somewhere and I could care less.....

My taper began in May and ended last week. Although it was really hard, the end result, being free, trumps all those nights laying there sweating, afraid, panicked etc.

If anyone is struggling, please know it does get better. Keep fighting, keep going...the end may seem far away but it’s not the end it’s really the beginning...of a new life, a new perspective and a new You!

This is fantastic! Congratulations. 🎊 My taper has been pretty good. I’ve missed only a couple of night’s sleep since January when I started my taper off of 4 mg Klonopin. I’m at one mg for the next week, and honestly it’s been as easy the lower I go than it was in the beginning. I was on 3 mg of xanax from ‘97-‘04 for panic disorder when I began having panic attacks again. I was switched to Klonopin & that went up to 4 mg. I’m ready to be done. Antidepressants, mood stabilizers or benzodiazepines never fixed anything for me. I’m so happy to have read your story about the relative ease of your taper and was so very excited to see someone else not go through what I read that others are going through or went through. ❣️

• 3 weeks later...
Thank you! I’m 4 weeks out or so and pretty much no symptoms. I’m lucky and I can’t believe I made it. It does get easier I promise. I was so scared during my taper and I came out the other side. You can too