Author Topic: KROCK....The Sucess Story I never wrote......  (Read 14575 times)

[Buddie]

Re: KROCK....The Sucess Story I never wrote......
« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2018, 07:51:55 pm »
[...],
So happy for your success story! I posted mine recently also and agree with alot of your observations. We have to at some point let go and move forward and accept we WILL heal, in our own time.
You had a very long journey and I'm so very happy you are out of the darkness. You are a very strong and resilient person, and I pray you have a great life moving forward!!! :thumbsup:

Love and hope to you!🎈

[...]
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #41 on: September 17, 2018, 08:36:50 pm »
[...],
So happy for your success story! I posted mine recently also and agree with alot of your observations. We have to at some point let go and move forward and accept we WILL heal, in our own time.
You had a very long journey and I'm so very happy you are out of the darkness. You are a very strong and resilient person, and I pray you have a great life moving forward!!! :thumbsup:

Love and hope to you!🎈

[...]

Thnx so much and congrats yourself! I see you had the akathisia symptom as well. That was so dam brutal to deal with. I'm glad your past that part. I'm sure you thought the pacing would never end....but it does as you now know. Stay strong....nothing can stop you now.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2018, 03:04:41 am »
Hi [...],

Thank you for writing your Success Story. I remember you from way back when this withdrawal was such hell for you. It terrified me when you reinstated, because I did the same thing after going cold turkey. Like you, I felt normal for 3 weeks.....and then slipped back into the nightmare.  I had many of the same symptoms as you.....and think that we visited the chat room for support around the same time.
It is taking me a while to heal, but I am living my life the best that I can. It gives me so much hope to read your story, because I know how horrible withdrawal was for you.  We were living it at the same time....so you are a real person to me....not just a story.

Wishing you happiness and good health,
[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2018, 04:27:15 am »
Hi [...],

Thank you for writing your Success Story. I remember you from way back when this withdrawal was such hell for you. It terrified me when you reinstated, because I did the same thing after going cold turkey. Like you, I felt normal for 3 weeks.....and then slipped back into the nightmare.  I had many of the same symptoms as you.....and think that we visited the chat room for support around the same time.
It is taking me a while to heal, but I am living my life the best that I can. It gives me so much hope to read your story, because I know how horrible withdrawal was for you.  We were living it at the same time....so you are a real person to me....not just a story.

Wishing you happiness and good health,
[...]

Hey....I remember you well. Iím so sorry your still suffering. I wish I could take your pain away. My reinstatement was a total flop as you know. Along with all the other stupid things I did when it came to this process. I was just so desperate for the pain and suffering to go away. As were you. The withdrawal symptoms you get from a cold turkey as you know are just out of this world BAD!

It really saddens me to hear from people like you that are still suffering so far out. But if it gives you any hope.....just know what I tell you isnít a lie...you will get better and heal. If it wasnít true I would give you a heads up. You know first hand how bad I was....and it is no more. Your day is coming!

[Buddie]

« Reply #44 on: September 21, 2018, 02:03:47 am »
Dude!!!  I am so happy to hear that you got back to normal (except the tinnitus that is).  What a freaky trip!!!  We were very fortunate back then in the acute days to have the chatroom here on BB.  It was a LIFE SAVER.  I don't know how people make it now without that.  I really wish it was available even though it was a major pain in the neck for the admins.  We hung there continuously.  I remember one day in the chatroom you said to me about withdrawal "Its like Friday the 13th times a million."  I completely related to you.

When I read your success story and your subsequent posts I had some tears welling up which I am grateful for.  Its so good to be feeling again which came back for me just this year.  I was dead inside for so long, now I celebrate tears.  Its such a blessing that you are who you are and that you came back to tell us about your recovery.  The wisdom and kindness of so many people here that have gone thru this and come out the other side always touches me deeply.  I am proud to have walked the walk with you [...] and felt so much love for you today.  Trust me, I prayed too and almost continuously, even though not religious at all.  It must have worked because I'm still here.  I asked God for strength and help and She gave it to me one second at a time.     ;)

Love you man.  Thanks for coming back.   :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #45 on: September 22, 2018, 04:26:31 am »
My sweet friend [...],

I begin my reply in a different way from others, as we began our connection so many, many years ago.. We had the chat room then and connected so much through that.  Of course your username was different in those days, and further out I wondered what happen to my buddie by that username ******..   I missed you!!

At some point this [...] member was posting in replies now and then on sites and attacking ones who began the thread, one in particular.  That's when I had enough and had to try to smooth things and replied accordingly how I felt to this [...].  Of course he came back strong arming me..   It really became and donnybrook...  His one final post was "you know me but under a different username"...  I thought "who was he what was that username", this isn't someone I was close with, even through this nightmare that was this extreme.. I sent a [...] to [...], [...]'s blocked.  Red flag remembrance...   In that dialog, heated as it was between us, he mentioned *******...another bb... I sent her a [...] and she replied, as we communicated a lot over that period of time.  I was floored.  Asked her as they spoke by phone so much, she was a pillar for and with him, to give him my love.   I posted back to him on the thread... I know who you are now and shared my feeling about him from me.

[...] my dear friend...  A sweet little spiritual bird, the last of the ones I have been supporting told me of your success story, and how grateful I was to hear of it.   Moments after our conversation I came on BB, so I could read it and read each and every reply.   Tears flow with lots of joy reading yours, as I promised you that you would heal and get there, and you have as you share.

It is a journey of none other as you state so specifically and honestly.  Though as you share it is life changing, and it is.  As I have shared with the ones I have personally supported off BB, many gifts come from this plank of hell process, we are reborn to a new self with peace and new direction.  You my dear [...]... you know the truth of this journey, you walked it as feeling crippled and broken through it, though, you found the truth... The body has a magnificent power of healing, it does get us there, it just takes that time.

My blessings to you my dear friend.  Tears flow from my eyes with JOY to have read this beautiful Success Story, and I know you are fine now...  You earned all the "gifts" that come from it.. You have them now with a beautiful peace within yourself.. And from that, you will continue extending those gifts in the most simple and important ways.

Your Success Story is so much proof of that.

Love to you always... [...] : :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

(P.S.  One day in the spiritual arena in the next plane in life, I will smile as I will know who you are and give you the biggest hug)

[Buddie]

« Reply #46 on: September 22, 2018, 02:07:19 pm »
[...]....congratulations on your success and thanks so much for returning and letting know that you have your life back.....
    I have a question.....you mentioned digestive symptoms....can you tell me what kind of symptoms did you have, when did they start, and how did you deal with them.  Did you treat them in any way?
Were you diagnosed with any conditions like SIBO, Histamine Intolerance, or food intolerances, etc.?
And if you had any of those conditions, did they just heal up naturally?  I started with digestive issues, late in my recovery period....5 years out....have been trying to treat these issues, but sure would like to know that they heal as well......or is it damage that was done to my gutthat I will have To livewith forever.....I know you cannot really say, but give me your opinion and how you dealt with it.
     I am nearly healed at 8 years out now, just a few issues that still hold me back from saying...ĒI AM HEALED.Ē
Thanks again for coming back and answering our questions....
[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #47 on: September 23, 2018, 05:42:23 am »
Dude!!!  I am so happy to hear that you got back to normal (except the tinnitus that is).  What a freaky trip!!!  We were very fortunate back then in the acute days to have the chatroom here on BB.  It was a LIFE SAVER.  I don't know how people make it now without that.  I really wish it was available even though it was a major pain in the neck for the admins.  We hung there continuously.  I remember one day in the chatroom you said to me about withdrawal "Its like Friday the 13th times a million."  I completely related to you.

When I read your success story and your subsequent posts I had some tears welling up which I am grateful for.  Its so good to be feeling again which came back for me just this year.  I was dead inside for so long, now I celebrate tears.  Its such a blessing that you are who you are and that you came back to tell us about your recovery.  The wisdom and kindness of so many people here that have gone thru this and come out the other side always touches me deeply.  I am proud to have walked the walk with you [...] and felt so much love for you today.  Trust me, I prayed too and almost continuously, even though not religious at all.  It must have worked because I'm still here.  I asked God for strength and help and She gave it to me one second at a time.     ;)

Love you man.  Thanks for coming back.   :smitten:

My dear friend from another country.....Iím so happy to hear from you. Boy have we been through a lot with our withdrawals. The old Chat room feature here was great. Especially when your whacked out of your mind and canít sleep. Which was all the time for awhile. Withdrawal is such a crazy process to say the least.

Iím happy to hear your way better than back when we first met. Although you still have some lingering issues know they will go away. Promise. I thought I was gonna have to live with a handful of issues for awhile there. But when you were as bad as we were in the beginning...I was just telling myself if this is the end result so be it. But more time passed and things sloooowly faded away.....symptom by symptom. It dam sure wasn't fast.....but I had NO control over it so I just rolled with it. As Iím sure your doing.

Your a VERY Strong girl.....Iív seen you at your absolute worst a long time ago. Please be easy on yourself and give yourself the credit you deserve. Youíve come a LOOOONG way....and then some!

You have that inner warrior mentality. Your one TUFF cookie!! Nothing can stop you...ever! Kudos GF.....

[Buddie]

« Reply #48 on: September 24, 2018, 05:54:34 am »
Hi [...],

I am so happy to read such a story. I need it at that moment. I am french, and we don't have so many successful stories.
I am 6 years benzo free, but I am in a very bad wave again. I thought I was done. I took magnesium for 2 months, and now I am living again with fears and suicidal issue. All my fears are back. Do you think we can live withour fear again?
I know I've been taking benzos every time there was a problem issue before withdrawal. Do you think we have to force ourselves to confront this fear or just get stress free during waves ? I feel I will never be free with my fears ! or is the wave doing that ?

thank you again

[Buddie]

« Reply #49 on: September 24, 2018, 08:33:49 pm »
CONGRATULATIONS!!!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

What were some of the first indications that you were feeling better? Did your symptoms fade away or rapidly go near the end? What was the one symptom that stayed with you the whole time? Was it the worst symptom? Just trying to get a handle on these things!

You suffered for a long time. I'm SO GLAD you came back and posted your success story!!! There are many of us who need encouragement over on the protracted board. THANK YOU!!!  :smitten:

The first symptom that I was getting better was the fact that I was starting to be able to sit still...I was pacing my house all day long....it slowly faded away where I could start watching tv. The anxiety was just so dam bad.

A symptom that stayed with me the longest were the intrusive thoughts....my mind played many mean games on me. I knew the thoughts were part of the withdrawal.....but they scared the shit out of me while they were happening. I had to keep distracting my mind to push them aside. Being scared of yourself is a real eye opener.....that never happened before the withdrawal....and itís never happened again when it was over.

Do you know how long it took from the time you began to sit still until the anxiety left? Was it very slow? I wonder if you could give me a timeline of sorts. THANKS!!!