Author Topic: KROCK....The Sucess Story I never wrote......  (Read 20604 times)

[Buddie]

Re: KROCK....The Sucess Story I never wrote......
« Reply #180 on: March 02, 2020, 05:48:04 am »
[...], this is inspiring. Maybe, one day, I will post my success story?

Your success story WILL come! Promise! If i can make it....so can you! Theres nothing special about me. Im just a ordinary person like everyone else on here. The fight doesn't come without reward! You got this! Please believe in yourself and the process!! The pain and suffering does end!!!
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #181 on: March 02, 2020, 02:07:49 pm »
"I will NEVER forget the withdrawal I went through. Ever!!! Hands down the worst experience I've ever been through!! Period!! Was it life changing? Hell yes! For the worst while it was happening. I thought i was going to die! Not kidding!!  The funny thing is.... I didn't know while i was going through it..... that i would be a better person when it was over because of it. I look at life through a totally different lens now. It was a COMPLETE life cleansing process. You will be stronger than ever when it's over!"

[...] -- for me too!!

I never thought I would heal, I was SO sick. I thought about ending my life. I kept telling my husband I had "erased myself" and that I had "lost everything." But I didn't! *I* was just dormant, hiding while my body was healing. And like you, I have a totally different perspective on life: I'm more calm, focused, grateful--and just so DAMN happy to be alive and enjoying life, the small everyday moments. The other day I was chatting with the woman at the cash register at Trader Joe's and asking her about working there. She said they like to hire people who are upbeat, energetic, happy. Then she said, "You seem happy." And I thought, I AM! (Prior to benzo withdrawal, I would have been described as thoughtful, intense, serious, even loyal, but not happy.) It was truly one of the best compliments I have ever received.

I'm in touch with several people at the moment who are in withdrawal--all desperate, all fearful that they will never heal, never get their sense of self back. I see myself in their tortured thoughts and tearful eyes. I encourage people to read my old posts to see how sick I was, how destroyed I felt, and know that I am not that person now. My tag line was "Want to Be Me Again." Well, I AM me again, but also the BEST version of me I've ever been. People who had been through benzo withdrawal told me this while I was sick: that this is not wasted time, and that you come out a better version of yourself. I didn't believe it then, but now I have lived it and call tell everyone still suffering that it is true.

Hang on, everyone, you will get there!
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #182 on: March 19, 2020, 04:43:48 am »
Everyone...if you have to self isolate to keep yourself safe during the Coronavirus please do it. Withdrawl can be a selfish process. You HAVE to put yourself first until you get better. Which you will. Its just the way it has to be until you normalize.

I was scared to be around people during my withdrawl because i was so dam sick and my anxiety was through the roof! Plus i looked like i was near death and people looked at me funny. Like i was some leper. So isolating was my specialty. I got REALLY good at it!! Glad all that bullshit faded away.

Everyone here has a GREAT life ahead of them. Please believe what i say. I wouldn't lie to you about the healing process. Stay strong and push forward. You are WAY stronger than you think you are!!! If i can do it...so can you. You HAVE the inner strength to survive!! Dont doubt yourself!!! Life is worth living. Its waiting for you at the end of this process!

[Buddie]

« Reply #183 on: March 19, 2020, 05:24:53 am »
[...],

This is just amazing, thank you for the positivity and encouragement. It really helps to keep us going.

[Buddie]

« Reply #184 on: March 19, 2020, 01:49:04 pm »
Thank you, [...]!!

[Buddie]

« Reply #185 on: March 19, 2020, 03:35:56 pm »
[...] - thank you. We need stories like yours.
Can I ask how/why you were on benzos and how long before you felt decent?

this is suffering like no other..I fight wondering if I'll ever be right again, have they (medical ppl) ruined me for life?

I read one of your responses to someone back in 2019 - about how you lived for your son. My kids (teens) are what I live for. this is definitely affecting them, and I want so badly to be their "normal" mom again. i know they think they've lost me. I try to be present for them in little ways, but symptoms (especially constant adrenaline/fear/anxiety) limit me. My poor husband has said he " just wants his buddy back".
It's so paradoxical how i hate so much isolation I'm in, yet people cause so much fear/anxiety ( I used to be a great ppl person!).

thanks for coming back on BB to inspire. I cling to these.

Katrina
« Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 03:59:42 pm by [Buddie] »