Author Topic: KROCK....The Sucess Story I never wrote......  (Read 15147 times)

[Buddie]

Re: KROCK....The Sucess Story I never wrote......
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2018, 01:44:04 am »
Its amazing how things work out or appear in life sometimes......I stumbled across that thread, searched your name and just finished reading all of your posts and then you post this.

Firstly, congrats and secondly thank you!

Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2018, 01:46:28 am »

I think you had a bud named ChrisW who had a hell of a time, but he disappeared years ago.
Wonder how he is.

I too read ChrisW posts and wonder exactly the same thing regularly, as I do with many of the sufferers who just disappear......
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2018, 02:33:44 am »
Hi [...]

So happy for you. Could you plz let us know when did you start feeling great? I know it's a very hard question but it will help a lot especially for those like me keep looking forward to that day.

Hope you stay healthy and happy for the rest of the years ahead. Thanks for coming back and posting your story.

I was a mess for awhile. I didnít taper like you so things got bad very quickly. Not down playing tapers....I know they can be hell as well.

Iím very Sorry your going through this. My prayers are with you. Just know that no 2 withdrawals are the same. Itís hard to compare yours to mine. So many variables go into this. People heal at different rates. What I can tell you is that you will heal and get better. I would never lie to you about any of this. It goes away...promise.

[Buddie]

« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2018, 02:46:54 am »
I'm glad you came back and wrote this! Congratulations on getting through the suffering and getting your life back. Can you discuss your symptoms and you timeline for recovery?

As far as my symptoms...they were off the charts.....everything from suicidal ideation to extreme pacing or what they call (Akethesia) for months on end. Just brutal. I had burning skin...GI probs...heart pain....facial twitches.....mega weight loss....vision issues....slurred speech...tinnitus (which I still have a little) sucks but owell...Iím cool with it. Also had balance issues....tooth pain....crazy fatigue....kidney problems...sinus problems...extreme depression.....inability to work.....couldnít eat....skin problems...trouble breathing...bad nerve pain....head pressure...felt like my brain was going to explode....scared to talk to people except on this site.....scared to leave my house....scared of doctors......and anxiety like I was plugged into a generator.......insomnia like no other.....I had no idea I could live on such little sleep. Unreal!!! I had so many other symptoms....my whole body and mind was such a mess. I had to go through a complete rebuild internally and externally. Itís pretty amazing your body knows how to fix everything. If you didnít have any of these symptoms before withdrawal.....theres a very good chance they will all be gone when itís over.

As far as a time line....the symptoms wax and wane.....come and go...sometimes come back...then go forever. No rhyme or reason to any of it. I just slowly got better....time passed and I wanted to live. So here I am.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2018, 05:49:58 am by [Buddie] »

[Buddie]

« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2018, 02:54:37 am »
CONGRATULATIONS!!!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

What were some of the first indications that you were feeling better? Did your symptoms fade away or rapidly go near the end? What was the one symptom that stayed with you the whole time? Was it the worst symptom? Just trying to get a handle on these things!

You suffered for a long time. I'm SO GLAD you came back and posted your success story!!! There are many of us who need encouragement over on the protracted board. THANK YOU!!!  :smitten:

The first symptom that I was getting better was the fact that I was starting to be able to sit still...I was pacing my house all day long....it slowly faded away where I could start watching tv. The anxiety was just so dam bad.

A symptom that stayed with me the longest were the intrusive thoughts....my mind played many mean games on me. I knew the thoughts were part of the withdrawal.....but they scared the shit out of me while they were happening. I had to keep distracting my mind to push them aside. Being scared of yourself is a real eye opener.....that never happened before the withdrawal....and itís never happened again when it was over.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2018, 03:08:52 am by [Buddie] »

[Buddie]

« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2018, 02:57:40 am »
Hey Man!!!
You are one of those hard core old timers that I read when I was a lurker 7 yrs ago!!!!
Cool that you stopped back.
Glad you are doing well.
I think you had a bud named ChrisW who had a hell of a time, but he disappeared years ago.
Wonder how he is.

Yep...this is me. I hope you are doing ok. Not sure about ChisW.....he went through hell as well. I hope heís sitting on a beach somewhere enjoying life. Everyone here deserves the best...just get through this mess and itís all waiting for you.

[Buddie]

« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2018, 03:07:26 am »
Its amazing how things work out or appear in life sometimes......I stumbled across that thread, searched your name and just finished reading all of your posts and then you post this.

Firstly, congrats and secondly thank you!

Stay strong ......You have what it takes to get through this.

[Buddie]

« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2018, 05:06:04 am »
I needed to read this today. 
If I may ask:

Did you consistently have to ask yourself if it was truly from the Benzos or not?  I keep wondering if this is how I was before everything started and I keep telling myself NO, I was a much happier and productive person.  Yes, I had a little anxiety, but nothing to this extreme.  Same with the depression.

I would also love to hear how you felt at 6 months off, a year, etc.  I'm 6 1/2 months off right now.  I had one window for a few hours a few weeks ago.

Did you take any supplements?  CBD?  Anything?

I just cannot wait to be on the other side of this and hopefully writing a success story myself one day.

For now though it's Groundhog day over and over again.

(Is that how you felt?)

I never asked myself if this was from benzos....I knew it was all along. The doctors are the ones that tried to convince me it wasnít from benzos.....and thatís when I stopped going to doctors. I also stopped talking to any family members or friends that doubted if what I was going through was real or not. I got very paranoid that no one outside of this website believed me. It Really pissed me off....but it impowered me to get better and prove all of them wrong.

As far as how I was at 6 months out....I was a complete mess. Please donít let this scare anyone thatís about to complete their taper or whoís currently suffering. I came off a large amount of benzos CT.....so looking back it was par for course. Its crazy how the human body and mind can deal with all the pain and suffering. You think you will quit or something will give out....but it doesnít happen. You keep pushing forward and believing in yourself.

In terms of if I tried or took any supplements....thatís a funny one...I tried all sorts of bullshit diets....no caffeine....no carbs.....no this...no that.....vitamins here.....protein shakes there. I was so desperate to try to feel better.....I was praying that something would finally work. All of it turned out to be duds. So sad.....but it killed some time and gave me some hope.

If I can give any advice on what to do while your healing....it would be to drink PLENTY of water. Keep hydrated. Go for walks and get some fresh air. Getting out of the house was key for me after awhile....I was very isolated during the acute phase of this. Light excercise such as walking did wonders for me. I couldnít walk far at first due to muscle burning and anxiety. But I slowly walked farther and farther. It gave me confidence.

And finally...yes Ground Hog Day is the best way to describe it. Itís quite maddening. I remember it well. Itís so dam cruel and mean. Itís hard to believe a little pill can fuck things up so bad.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2018, 05:14:38 am by [Buddie] »

[Buddie]

« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2018, 12:35:50 pm »
You say your last symptom to let up was intrusive thoughts. When did you notice these start to disappear?

[Buddie]

« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2018, 09:18:13 pm »
Thanks so much for responding to my post, [...]!! Wish I was in your shoes!!