Author Topic: How to know when is really anxiety or withdraw ?  (Read 3839 times)

[Buddie]

Re: How to know when is really anxiety or withdraw ?
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2010, 10:48:28 pm »
Well after never really going over 1 mg of Lorazepam in the last 2 years , and try every possible combination to keep me from inter dosage withdraws, I am pretty much aware of what is the withdraw, because , during this taper , all those symptoms have been elevated to a very higher level. So I am getting an idea , according to what my body is experiencing and comparing  with the past , what is withdraw and where the true anxiety is . This is like multiplying by 5 or 6 whatever anxiety I ever felt . This is much more violent and it sends jolts trough my body . So this is withdraw, when I look back , I think the anxiety back them ,was absolutely less than what is when I withdraw. But now I know what is happening and I just let it happen , I don't go crazy thinking any crazy stuff or try to alleviate it. I just stay doing whatever I am doing and say , well this will eventually pass. And you know , is noticeable how  all these symptoms  attack, but the following time , one or two of them are less severe, just an observation. Thanks for all the replies .
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2010, 11:19:39 pm »
This is a great question, and one that I am asking myself every day.

I am over 6 months off Klonopin and the anxiety has been so bad some days that I feel sick.
I don't know whether it is the original anxiety coming back....that was the reason I was prescribed benzos in the first place,
or the withdrawal.

I don't really have anything new to say about it....looks like everyone has covered most of what I am thinking and feeling...
so dittos and here's to getting through all of this mess!

I look forward to more comments about this question....I am [...] and praying that it is the benzo withdrawal.... I can
wait that out.....but new-found anxiety???......that will be yet another thing to find a cure for!!!!!!!!  YUK!

Tish
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2010, 02:18:49 am »
Dizziness and feeling light headed is also something I struggle with.  I also take a medication for high blood pressure (labetalol once in the am, once in the pm) so sometimes I don't know where the light headed feeling is coming from.  I am working on trying to make myself believe that it is withdrawal because I am really struggling accepting that there are no real serious medical problems.  My lightheadedness seems to increase when I am in a place where I do not feel safe or comfortable, although I do experience it in my home too.  Riding in the car usually makes it go away, but as soon as the car stops, or I get out, the dizziness comes right back.  I also notice mine alot when I eat.  The symptoms are so weird, I guess it must be withdrawal?? I was prescribed a benzo for anxiety to begin with, but I never had any of this going on constantly with my previous anxiety.

[Buddie]

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2010, 02:36:20 am »
Keph
I also take BP medication ( due to hypertension caused by the anxiety) , I take Lisinopril 10 mg once on the AM and usually is the AM when I feel the worst ( light headed and dizzy) so I am not sure anymore what causes what , at night  everything is good. I do believe that there is an inter relation between the meds and the anxiety , but who knows , when I suffer the w/d s ( in between doses) I am not light headed but rather headachy and "heavy foggy" , so is kind of a mix bag here . Maybe someday I will have my brain back  :idiot:

[Buddie]

« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2010, 04:24:21 am »
I found Anxiety from WD intense, long lasting ( 2 to 24 hours) and very tough to manage. Also seemed to be filled with bursts of depression. Regular anxiety for me passes quick... minutes and cured easily with distraction..

[Buddie]

« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2010, 01:40:23 am »
Dizziness and anxiety remain to be a struggle for me post-Klonocrap.

[Buddie]

« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2010, 02:05:25 am »
All meds suck when it comes down to it, including blood pressure meds.  But ones such as those have to be taken in most cases if they're prescribed.  Disappointing that there's never really a med that is a miracle drug for really any condition at all.

I get dizzy too, but even if I'm on no meds that happens to me.

[Buddie]

« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2010, 02:32:58 am »
All meds suck when it comes down to it, including blood pressure meds.  But ones such as those have to be taken in most cases if they're prescribed.  Disappointing that there's never really a med that is a miracle drug for really any condition at all.

I get dizzy too, but even if I'm on no meds that happens to me.

[...], I had my cancerous thyroid removed and I take medication everyday.  For me, this medication is a miracle, I need it to live.  There are lifesaving medications, I for one am glad they're available.

[Buddie]

« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2010, 04:09:44 am »
yeah, true.  there are always some that are miracle drugs when it comes down to serious conditions.

[Buddie]

« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2010, 12:42:50 am »

If the anxiety is brought on because of the 35 other symptoms you have  :laugh: