Need help for the end of my journey

[Se...]

Hello,

I have been using clonazepam for over 7 years. Last November I was taking 8mg per day and without medical help I have been able to taper down to .375 mg and will be at .25mg next week.

I am not planning to do a crossover to valium as I have been tapering for so long without even knowing about schedules or the ashton manual and figure that at such a low dose it would be easier on me just to go off with the cruddy drug I am taking.

Up until now I haven`t had much issue with measurements and cutting as I was taking quite a large dose, usually cutting 20% to 25% each time.

Now that I will be down to a .25mg I would like to know what I need to do in terms of preparing the medicine and a schedule to get me from the .25mg to finally benzo free :yippee:

I would appreciate your help and hope you have a great day

Jacqueline

Hi Susan,

Thank you so much for the link, I read through it and it is very clear, the questions you had are one I would have asked, it helps that we are at the same dose as well.

I will be heading out to get the necessary items today.

I wish you luck and ease with your w/d symptoms!

Jacqueline

Hi Jacqueline,

If you're interested in having someone make you a titration schedule, you'll need to provide this information when you get your supplies.  ;)

Please have the following information ready. I cannot create a schedule if any of these details are missing.

Start date: when you would like your titration to start.

Dose: the dose you anticipate you be taking at the start date (in mgs).

Tablet dose: the dose of your individual tablets.

Number of tablets: the total number (and/or fractions) of tablets you take per day. Examples: 2 tabs; 2.5 tabs; 0.75 tabs. These are the number of tablets (not doses), and the tablets used must be of the same dosage (strength).

Taper rate: if you are unsure, ask for the input of others. The majority of people probably titrate at a rate of about 10% of their dose every 7-14 days. If you are unsure of where to start, and unless you have good reason to think you need a particularly slow taper, 1% per day is probably a good starting point. The taper plan can be altered later if need be.

Cylinder details: I will need to know the size of the cylinder you are using (100ml is recommended). I will also need to know that size of the marked increments. Just make sure that there enough increments for the given cylinder to ensure that the pill can be divided into small fractions (100ml cylinder with 1ml increments is always fine; 100ml with 2-5 increments is probably fine; 50ml with 5ml increments is not very useful). If you are using very large dose pills (for your given benzo), such as 10mg Valium or 2mg Xanax, you will absolutely need lots of increments. This usually means a 100ml cylinder with 1ml increments.

Hi Pamster,

Here is my information as follows:

Start Date:I would like to start my titration today, if needed I can start tomorrow.

Dose: .375 mg Clonazepam

Tablet dose: .50mg clonazepam

Number of tablets: I take 3/4 of a .5mg clonazepam per day.I take it all at one time.

Taper rate: I will start at 1% per day.

Cylinder details: I have a 60ml cylinder with 1ml increments.

I do not have a family physician as I moved to a new city and am on a waiting list, my meds are through emergency and are a hassle and limited to get, I hopefully will not have to be discarding them alot  and be able to stretch what I have left out until the end.

Thank You so much,

Jacqueline

Hi Serene1,

Crush and mix your 0.5mg pill in 50mls of liquid. Remove 12.5mls immediately after mixing. Drink the remaining amount, 37.5mls. This will be a 0.375mg dose.

From there on, you would remove 0.5mls every day, cumulatively, in addition to the 12.5mls. It will take you 75 days.

Here is a starter for you:

Day one: Remove 12.5ml.

Day two, Remove 13mls.

Day three: Remove 13.5mls....

...and so on. Make sure to keep a log, so you don't lose track. This plan can always be easily adjusted up or down depending on how you feel.

Also, it would be helpful to have a syringe for removing the half ml amounts. The smaller the better.

Let us know if you have any questions!

Hi Eljay,

Thanks for the info, I have a 10 ml syringe the pharmacist gave me so I will use that for the halfs.

My only concern is that I will be throwing away clonazepam that I do not use currently ..the .125mg and I go through hell to get refills as I dont have a family doctor. I like that your formula is easy for me to work out in my head so if I get this right when I get to the point where i have removed 25 mls I can then use a .25mg tablet to taper the rest?

Thank you so very much and have a great evening!

Jacqueline

when I get to the point where i have removed 25 mls I can then use a .25mg tablet to taper the rest?

Yes! Let me know when you get to 0.25mg and we can recalibrate it for you.

Just wanted to wish you all the best with your titration, Serene.

Good luck, hun!  You can do this!!!

It was lovely chatting to you today.

:smitten:

Just wanted to wish you all the best with your titration, Serene.

Good luck, hun!  You can do this!!!

It was lovely chatting to you today.

:smitten:

Thank you Bevoir,

I am glad I stumbled around and discovered chat! I need to tell the squirrel all about it!! ;)

Have a great evening,

Jacqueline

Hello,

I need a new titration schedule as I have made some adjustments to my current dose.

My current dose is : .25mg clonazepam , I take it one time per day

My tablets are .25 mg clonazepam

I have a 60ml container with 1ml increments as well as a 10ml syringe with 1ml increments.

I would like to start titration in 1 week as I am adjusting to my cut down to .25mg right now

Titration rate of 1% would be fine.

Thank You,

jacqueline

Hi Serene1,

Crush and mix your 0.25mg pill in 50mls of liquid. Make a new batch everyday.

From there on, you would remove 1ml every day, cumulatively.

Day one: Remove 1ml

Day two, Remove 2mls

Day three: Remove 3mls

...and so on. You'll be finished in 50 days.

If you are feeling well at this rate, and you'd like to speed it up, you can remove two mls a day. Many people do fine tapering off 0.25mg in a month. I did. But just listen to your body.  :)