I'm still in here!

[B ...]

:hug: :hug:

Hugs and blessings to all of you struggling through this journey. You will get better, you will make it!!!

Just survive one more day.....

B strong

:hug: :hug:

Hugs and blessings to all of you struggling through this journey. You will get better, you will make it!!!

Just survive one more day.....

B strong

Back at ya b strong  ;)💜💙💚💛❣️ Mary

Thank you so much B Strong for thinking, reminding and inspiring us who are still struggling that  we will also get better when the right time comes.

Wishing you and your family wellness, joy and peace!

Blessing!

Pi

One question- during your MT, did you ever hold? And if you did, do you think it helped? Did you change your rate at all as you got lower?

Thanks!

libr,

I tried holding once for about 5 days, but didn't notice really any better or worse for that matter. I stayed pretty consistent at .001mg for a good bit but went to .002 a few times, sometimes it work fine for a few days, sometimes it felt like too much...so I would go back to the .001. The main thing is trust yourself. Nothing wrong with making adjustments based on your symptoms but I believe for the most part you should keep moving forward, it's not going to be perfect but every mg you cut your done with forever! A good bit of it is trusting yourself even through the bad days. Very many times in the midst of the taper I would feel 2 steps forward 3 steps back....but as you keep going you can look back and see the map of your journey. That is why I recommend a journal. It totally helped me immensely and there were times I could consult it to make decisions moving forward.

Thanks for your kind words on your previous post too. We are all heroes when we make it through this hell. When you have tough times moving forward you can rely on where you came from and actually feel stronger than you ever thought!

Prayers to you, :thumbsup:

B strong

Wise words B Strong! thank you for the boost and inspiration....

:smitten: :smitten:

SS

B Strong, I've read your story and replies and you are one of the most brilliant, inspiring people I've ever heard of. I read it at a time when I had not slept in almost 40 hours and was in a difficult spot (trapped 1500 miles from home with no prospect of escaping for days). It really gave me hope and resolve.

When this is over, I know I will want to forget it and just move on, but I also know that will be impossible. There has been a number of times I was sure I would die and it has just been too traumatic. I hope that, like you, I can help as many people as possible by telling my story. Many have been through this hell, but are too ashamed too speak up. They shouldn't be. It's the doctors who should be ashamed. But it seems often that  the people who should most feel guilty are also the least likely to express remorse and change their behaviour, while many of their victims are permanently silenced. I hope we can change this.

Mary, Pi, S60, DG

Thanks for responding.  Hang in there as best you can and keep moving forward....baby steps add up too!👍

❤❤❤

B strong

• Like 1

B Strong, I've read your story and replies and you are one of the most brilliant, inspiring people I've ever heard of. I read it at a time when I had not slept in almost 40 hours and was in a difficult spot (trapped 1500 miles from home with no prospect of escaping for days). It really gave me hope and resolve.

When this is over, I know I will want to forget it and just move on, but I also know that will be impossible. There has been a number of times I was sure I would die and it has just been too traumatic. I hope that, like you, I can help as many people as possible by telling my story. Many have been through this hell, but are too ashamed too speak up. They shouldn't be. It's the doctors who should be ashamed. But it seems often that  the people who should most feel guilty are also the least likely to express remorse and change their behaviour, while many of their victims are permanently silenced. I hope we can change this.

DG,

Glad I could help you a little at a difficult time, Lord knows I've been there my friend. Reading success stories got me through some tough days, one positive comment can sometimes turn your day.

You're right about the doctors, they treated me like a fool many times, when in fact I was right....we must be our own advocate. When they're wrong, in most cases, they just move on to the next room, next patient. Rarely do they admit it and try to right the wrong.

On a side note I noticed you listed hypersalivation as a symptom, I too had this...it was one of the worst secondary symptoms. How is your's doing?

Like everything it does end!!!!

Don't lose hope!! We MUST remain hopeful and positive or we might miss the little victories, and they add up!

🌞

B strong

DG,

Glad I could help you a little at a difficult time, Lord knows I've been there my friend. Reading success stories got me through some tough days, one positive comment can sometimes turn your day.

You're right about the doctors, they treated me like a fool many times, when in fact I was right....we must be our own advocate. When they're wrong, in most cases, they just move on to the next room, next patient. Rarely do they admit it and try to right the wrong.

On a side note I noticed you listed hypersalivation as a symptom, I too had this...it was one of the worst secondary symptoms. How is your's doing?

Don't lose hope!! We MUST remain hopeful and positive or we might miss the little victories, and they add up!

🌞

B strong

Thanks for the reply B Strong. The hypersalivation is not too bothersome for me. It's mostly just disgusting and embarrassing socially (I usually have to spit every five minutes). My worst symptoms are the insomnia, which exacerbates the extreme tension when it gets bad, and the gastrointestinal stuff. The klonopin did severe damage to my stomach. There was a long time where I could not tell whether I was hungry or very full, I just couldn't feel hunger, only a great discomfort and bloating which wouldn't go away. This has gotten much better with a change in diet.

It's fantastic to hear you're doing so well. You must be a tough hombre! I'll try to emulate :)

I hope you stick around for a bit. It's important for someone to fill the void left by derelict MDs. Here's to things continuing to improve for you  :thumbsup:

DG,

🌞

B strong

Thanks for the reply B Strong. The hypersalivation is not too bothersome for me. It's mostly just disgusting and embarrassing socially (I usually have to spit every five minutes). My worst symptoms are the insomnia, which exacerbates the extreme tension when it gets bad, and the gastrointestinal stuff. The klonopin did severe damage to my stomach. There was a long time where I could not tell whether I was hungry or very full, I just couldn't feel hunger, only a great discomfort and bloating which wouldn't go away. This has gotten much better with a change in diet.

It's fantastic to hear you're doing so well. You must be a tough hombre! I'll try to emulate :)

I hope you stick around for a bit. It's important for someone to fill the void left by derelict MDs. Here's to things continuing to improve for you  :thumbsup:

I get it about the insomnia DG. Frankly don't know how I made it with such little sleep. You are right about the lack of sleep ramping up the anxiety so much more. Always felt "wired and tired".....so physically beat, so mentally and emotionally drained but my mind was on constant 78rpm. There was a period coming off the drugs where the akathasia, rebound insomnia and chemical anxiety had me with practically zero sleep for weeks on end. How our body makes it I don't know, but it does. Now I get 4-6 hours of broken sleep a night and it's heavenly. It's all perspective. I get up and do now and can actually sit sometimes and not think for a minute, about anything.....something I thought was a lost art.

Keep on moving forward my friend....it gets better. :thumbsup:

💙

B strong

• Like 1

We live in the Panhandle of Florida but were personally spared of damage. I pray for the many that were hit hard by Hurricane Michael. I know the stress of life events can dramatically affect your mental state, and something this disastrous can leave many without food or shelter.

I am thankful that I'm healed so I can try and handle life events like a "normal" person.

Prayers to those dealing with this recovery....

B strong

We live in the Panhandle of Florida but were personally spared of damage. I pray for the many that were hit hard by Hurricane Michael. I know the stress of life events can dramatically affect your mental state, and something this disastrous can leave many without food or shelter.

I am thankful that I'm healed so I can try and handle life events like a "normal" person.

Prayers to those dealing with this recovery....

B strong

Really glad you were spared damage B strong.  Praying for the people that were hit.

💙💜💚 Mary

• 2 weeks later...

Thank God the drugs weren't right....life is worth living again! Keep moving forward➡️➡️➡️➡️➡️➡️➡️➡️

anyway you can! It will get better!! :thumbsup:

B strong

Thank God the drugs weren't right....life is worth living again! Keep moving forward➡️➡️➡️➡️➡️➡️➡️➡️

anyway you can! It will get better!! :thumbsup:

B strong

Always good to hear from you B Strong. Glad you are loving life again :)

• 3 weeks later...

For those that PM me....

Yes it does end. The akathasia, the chemical anxiety, the depression, the insomnia, the uncontrollable thoughts. You will be able to think again without your mind racing. You will sit peacefully and not even have a thought. I know it doesn't seem possible for many of you right now.....but I was there. I wanted to die. I didn't want to go on either. But thank God there is hope.

SURVIVE FOR ONE MORE MOMENT.

Then another....and they add up and one day you'll be amazed. You will laugh and love again.

🌷

B strong

• Like 2

For those that PM me....

Yes it does end. The akathasia, the chemical anxiety, the depression, the insomnia, the uncontrollable thoughts. You will be able to think again without your mind racing. You will sit peacefully and not even have a thought. I know it doesn't seem possible for many of you right now.....but I was there. I wanted to die. I didn't want to go on either. But thank God there is hope.

SURVIVE FOR ONE MORE MOMENT.

Then another....and they add up and one day you'll be amazed. You will laugh and love again.

🌷

B strong

I wish this post would pop up automatically every few weeks.  So many need to hear it, including me.

This post addresses so many of our fears and you B strong give us the answer to those fears.  We will heal.  Than you so much.  Mary 💜☮️🙏

• 2 weeks later...

Happy Thanksgiving to all the buddies,

Hope you are seeing some progress in your journey my friends. I played golf with my 7 year old grandson 2 days ago and it was awesome. My score wasn't phenomenal but my mind was. So nice to be able to have MY MIND back, as during the throws of this drug I had no control over my own thoughts. Thanksgiving yesterday, 3 years to the day I got out of the psych hospital....what a blessing to be past that HELL. Had a great day with family, and played football with my kids and grandkids. 3 years ago I wanted to die, I prayed for it daily. I'm 61 now and I told my wife I think I'm going to live till 112! Wow what a difference getting away from the drugs and having HOPE again!

I hope you all have some hope, it changes everything. Don't quit! You can do it, I never thought it was possible!

Prayers to you all, ❤

B strong

• Like 1

This is such an inspiring success story, I can relate to  much of your experience. To laugh and love again would be amazing, never will I take such things for granted again!  Wishing you all the  best, I have no doubt you are cherishing every moment of life, thanks for the messages of hope

Happy Thanksgiving to all the buddies,

Hope you are seeing some progress in your journey my friends. I played golf with my 7 year old grandson 2 days ago and it was awesome. My score wasn't phenomenal but my mind was. So nice to be able to have MY MIND back, as during the throws of this drug I had no control over my own thoughts. Thanksgiving yesterday, 3 years to the day I got out of the psych hospital....what a blessing to be past that HELL. Had a great day with family, and played football with my kids and grandkids. 3 years ago I wanted to die, I prayed for it daily. I'm 61 now and I told my wife I think I'm going to live till 112! Wow what a difference getting away from the drugs and having HOPE again!

I hope you all have some hope, it changes everything. Don't quit! You can do it, I never thought it was possible!

Prayers to you all, ❤

B strong

;) oh it sounds like a perfect weekend, so happy for you B strong and great message for all, hope!  Love, Mary ☮️🙏💜

Hello B Strong,

Thank you so much for taking time to let us know how your new and well deserved life is treating you since you posted  your success story. I am so very happy that you are enjoying your time with your family

especially with your grandchildren. I, myself, have four grandchildren ages 20 months to 16 years old, and miss spending time with them a lot. Hoping and praying that I will get through where you are now but I have to be patient and remind myself that I will also recover my normal life back given the right amount of time for full healing. Your post today gives me so much HOPE. So very inspiring and encouraging post B Srtong!

May you and your family’ s life continue to be filled with joy, peace, love and wellness!

Blessings!

Pi

• 3 weeks later...

Just remember.....if you don't quit, you can't lose!!!!

SURVIVE!!! ,You don't have a choice! If you survive IT WILL GET BETTER!

:thumbsup:

B strong

Survive any way you can! This is a great message from my favourite buddy :)

Always good to hear updates from you, B Strong  :thumbsup:

I am doing better. A bit more sleep than before, 4 hours a night rather than 3 and able to exercise more. Have seen some friends more often and they are happy I've improved. Still the blasted hypersalivation though. Hopefully back to full strength sometime in 2019.

-DG

Survive any way you can! This is a great message from my favourite buddy :)

Always good to hear updates from you, B Strong  :thumbsup:

I am doing better. A bit more sleep than before, 4 hours a night rather than 3 and able to exercise more. Have seen some friends more often and they are happy I've improved. Still the blasted hypersalivation though. Hopefully back to full strength sometime in 2019.

-DG

DG,

You got this.....2019 is your year! 👍😊

Glad to hear the progress!

B strong

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Merry Christmas and God Bless all my buddies!

I hope you find some hope and healing during this season. ❤

Prayers to you all!!!!

B strong

Merry Christmas and God Bless all my buddies!

I hope you find some hope and healing during this season. ❤

Prayers to you all!!!!

B strong

Merry Christmas to you to B strong, hope you have a great day!  Mary 🎁🎁🎁🎁🎁🎁🎄

B strong - thank you for the xmas wishes to us all.  I'm new to the website and your story is inspiring and your continuing well wishes for us all feel comforting.  You gave me lots of hope

Tough morning (holiday) but made it thru.  If you made it thru your whole ordeal, so can I, and hopefully all of us.  One wave, one window at a time.