Author Topic: I'm still in here!  (Read 9362 times)

[Buddie]

Re: I'm still in here!
« Reply #40 on: September 23, 2018, 05:06:10 pm »
Thank you for your story, [...].  Your story inspires and gives me [...]. 
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #41 on: September 23, 2018, 05:26:55 pm »
I'm still getting inspiration from you and your posts about healing!! Thank you so much, [...]!!  :smitten:
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #42 on: September 28, 2018, 11:42:25 am »
I've had no caffeine since December 2015. Tried taking vitamin D because of very low # after staying inside 9 months with the agoraphobia, but they revved me up too much. Had to stop them. Gave myself B12 injections because of deficiencies there also. Once I got off of Nexium I think that helped my deficiencies get back towards normal, because of absorption.
I had to have a heart Catheter after severe palpitations and chest pain. They had me wear a holter monitor for a few days and was having many PVC's and PAC's...luckily I didn't need any stents. They said there wasn't any heart damage which helped mentally to get through all the palpitations. Knowing my heart was ok was big. Now my BP runs 116/84.
Health anxiety was big for me with so many diagnoses, but as the symptoms eventually dropped one by one....practically everything I experienced was drug induced.
Every physical symptom drove my mind spiraling out of control, which drove the anxiety to even higher levels. The initial "chemical" anxiety which was caused by the drugs, was always constant and unrelenting. At times it was hard to differentiate between akathasia and anxiety.
But it does end!
You do get better....
Just keep surviving, every small victory is major!
Rejoice in the small victories and keep moving.

Love to you guys,👍
❤❤❤

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #43 on: September 28, 2018, 11:48:47 am »
I've had no caffeine since December 2015. Tried taking vitamin D because of very low # after staying inside 9 months with the agoraphobia, but they revved me up too much. Had to stop them. Gave myself B12 injections because of deficiencies there also. Once I got off of Nexium I think that helped my deficiencies get back towards normal, because of absorption.
I had to have a heart Catheter after severe palpitations and chest pain. They had me wear a holter monitor for a few days and was having many PVC's and PAC's...luckily I didn't need any stents. They said there wasn't any heart damage which helped mentally to get through all the palpitations. Knowing my heart was ok was big. Now my BP runs 116/84.
Health anxiety was big for me with so many diagnoses, but as the symptoms eventually dropped one by one....practically everything I experienced was drug induced.
Every physical symptom drove my mind spiraling out of control, which drove the anxiety to even higher levels. The initial "chemical" anxiety which was caused by the drugs, was always constant and unrelenting. At times it was hard to differentiate between akathasia and anxiety.
But it does end!
You do get better....

Love to you guys,👍
❤❤❤

[...]

Thank you [...], you always share things that help .........[...] :smitten: :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #44 on: September 28, 2018, 03:06:18 pm »
Wow- this is quite an amazing success story! I thought I was the only one with so many physical sxs along with the health anxiety and chemical anxiety. Me too- every physical thing sets my mind on a downward spiral. It's awful. I am really inspired by your story and can't believe how many diagnoses you had and it was all iatrogenic. And how you are off all meds now- amazing! I am still tapering and can't wait to get done and healed. You are proof it can and will happen. The day to day is so rough. I kept a sx log for a long time but haven't for the last 6 mo now. I may try a journal like you said bc I hate eating each sx- I hate seeing the sx words written on the paper even. It is totally hard to see any progress when you're in the midst of it- esp when in a wave. I can relate to so much of what you bravely wrote- the sx's, The fear, the family not believing, friends disappearing, health anxiety, jealousy, etc. thank you for your honest report and congrats on your awesome success!!! Yes, you are a hero and I can't thank you enough for this ray of [...]!

[Buddie]

« Reply #45 on: September 28, 2018, 03:09:24 pm »
One question- during your MT, did you ever hold? And if you did, do you think it helped? Did you change your rate at all as you got lower?
Thanks!

[Buddie]

« Reply #46 on: September 28, 2018, 04:13:22 pm »
One question- during your MT, did you ever hold? And if you did, do you think it helped? Did you change your rate at all as you got lower?
Thanks!

[...],
I tried holding once for about 5 days, but didn't notice really any better or worse for that matter. I stayed pretty consistent at .001mg for a good bit but went to .002 a few times, sometimes it work fine for a few days, sometimes it felt like too much...so I would go back to the .001. The main thing is trust yourself. Nothing wrong with making adjustments based on your symptoms but I believe for the most part you should keep moving forward, it's not going to be perfect but every mg you cut your done with forever! A good bit of it is trusting yourself even through the bad days. Very many times in the midst of the taper I would feel 2 steps forward 3 steps back....but as you keep going you can look back and see the map of your journey. That is why I recommend a journal. It totally helped me immensely and there were times I could consult it to make decisions moving forward.
Thanks for your kind words on your previous post too. We are all heroes when we make it through this hell. When you have tough times moving forward you can rely on where you came from and actually feel stronger than you ever thought!

Prayers to you, :thumbsup:

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #47 on: September 30, 2018, 06:36:37 pm »
But it does end!
You do get better....

Love to you guys,👍
❤❤❤

[...]

thanks so much [...].   Every post you posted is so helpful

Thanks for them  very inspiring    :thumbsup: 

[Buddie]

« Reply #48 on: September 30, 2018, 07:38:24 pm »
Not sure if you mentioned this but did you stay at dosing once a day for your whole taper?

[Buddie]

« Reply #49 on: October 01, 2018, 03:08:16 am »
Not sure if you mentioned this but did you stay at dosing once a day for your whole taper?
[...],
Yes always once a day during taper at night for me. I thought about dividing it up at one point, but was afraid it it didn't work well for me it might mess me up more. I know some take it 3 times per day, this may help some with interdose withdrawal. There's always thoughts that come to mind and the dreadful "what ifs"....but the best thing is what YOU believe and try to be positive. My mind was my worst enemy during that time so try not to overanalyze everything (like I did)

Prayers to you for healing,

[...]