Author Topic: I'm still in here!  (Read 28067 times)

[Buddie]

Re: I'm still in here!
« Reply #170 on: October 03, 2021, 05:38:49 pm »
Bump
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #171 on: October 21, 2021, 06:50:41 pm »
Bump
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #172 on: February 09, 2022, 05:22:58 pm »
….

[Buddie]

« Reply #173 on: February 11, 2022, 04:22:11 am »
I just passed 5 years since my last dose of K…in fact all other drugs I got off of, some I was told I would have to be on for life. Guess what? Wrong! I’m doing great except dealing with my mom being under hospice care. The one good thing about that is if I was like I was 5 years ago I wouldn’t be able to handle mentally or physically my mom’s situation.
The only lingering symptom that remains is tinnitus. It’s still there 24/7, but I try to ignore it, and I really can most of the time. Yea, it’s hard, but the other dozens of symptoms that disappeared make me thankful for the positives.
I try to answer PMs, but don’t check as regularly as I used to. I pray for you guys regularly and know how tough you have it, but hang in there…it’s so great to live again! Just being able to sit and have no thoughts is probably the greatest thing, I remember the benzo brain and the nonstop what if’s. The weird thing is once you come out of the storm, it’s almost like it never happened…like you watched a horrible movie but was able to walk out when it was over…but it was a very long very bad movie. I [...] you guys can hang on and make it through, take it moment by moment and like I wrote UL today, we are all different, try not to give up! Once you taste [...] again it is amazing!
Love you guys ❤️❤️❤️
“The days are long but the years fly by”

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #174 on: February 11, 2022, 08:07:54 pm »
Thank you for updating us!  You are such a warrior in my eyes!  Bless you!

UL

[Buddie]

« Reply #175 on: February 11, 2022, 10:13:04 pm »
[...],

I'm so glad you are moving on with your life successfully!  I appreciate the messages I received from you a while back regarding migraine meds.  With your encouragement, I've gotten off all triptans and other pain meds.  Thank you! 

I'm sorry to hear about your mother.  I was tapering last year when my 93 year old Mom was in in-home hospice and I was deeply involved with organization and emotions and the entire process. I could barely stand up some of the days because of my benzo withdrawal weakness.  It's a tough time and my heart goes out to you.  I'm so sorry. I [...] your Mom will get all the comfort and care she needs. I am glad you are stronger than ever now.  Bless you and bless her. 

Gratefully,
Helen

[Buddie]

« Reply #176 on: February 14, 2022, 03:26:04 am »
U and Helen,
Thanks for the kind words. Glad to hear back from y’all. Helen unfortunately my mom passed away this morning.😢 I am heartbroken but am thankful that I healed so I could handle this tough time…no way I could’ve gone through this 5 years ago. I believe my mom is in a better place.❤️

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #177 on: February 14, 2022, 03:35:43 am »
[...],

You have my deepest sympathies. This is so hard. I am glad you are well now and I know your Mom is at peace. It’s very hard though so take good care of yourself and give yourself plenty of time to grieve.

Hugs,
Helen  :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #178 on: April 12, 2022, 01:13:42 pm »
Don’t give up friends! There is [...]! It does get better…may not seem like it when you’re in the storm, but it does pass! Be stronger than the voices in your head caused by the drugs, that’s not you; it’s the drugs talking!
God bless you, I’ve been there.

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #179 on: April 12, 2022, 04:05:51 pm »
Thank you [...]! You are so giving to come back and give us [...].  I know you are right  I am still in the trenches but things are changing and I feel the healing.  As always you are a voice of compassion.

Take good care of yourself,
Helen