Author Topic: I'm still in here!  (Read 9311 times)

[Buddie]

Re: I'm still in here!
« Reply #110 on: July 26, 2019, 03:19:27 am »
[...],
Hooray for you!  :thumbsup:
Yes, I get my Vitamin D from the sun again. I was extremely deficient during my akathasia and agoraphobia. I didn't leave the house for 9 months except doctors appointments.(and canceled many of those because of fear). I was also extremely low in B12 and have to give myself injections daily initially, then weekly.
Everything is fine now! (Knock on wood)....For a 62 year old :laugh:

Keep on going my friend!

[...]
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #111 on: July 26, 2019, 08:34:51 am »
[...],

thank you for keeping this thread alive and reminding us, that you came out the other side and are doing good.
I wish you all the best, I [...] you have many many many amazing days!
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #112 on: July 26, 2019, 09:37:41 am »
go on [...]!

i think your messages keep our hopes alive and so please write it up regularly. now i started mirtazapine taper and wish me and everybody luck...

[Buddie]

« Reply #113 on: July 26, 2019, 05:56:17 pm »
[...],
Thanks for the kind words! [...] you are having many good days! :thumbsup:
June,
I was on Remeron a short time, true it helped some with sleep...but it gave me other symptoms.....alas I decided to tough out the insomnia and get off everything! Hey, you got this!

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #114 on: August 18, 2019, 06:03:13 pm »
Hey guys!
[...] you are all getting better.  In response to many PM's, my advice is to get off everything artificial you can. Your body can never get back to homeostasis if you are using synthetic or artificial means to get there. There are certainly drugs that are necessary for many people to live and/or even function. You be your own advocate, listen to advice from doctors and friends, but you make the decision. Don't feel pressured to do or take things you are not comfortable with....many of our situations may have been alleviated altogether if we had more information.
I personally got off everything. Benzos, AD's, Thorazine, Visteril, sleep meds, Nexium, blood pressure meds, etc. I almost ever take tylenol or advil, I had bad migraines up until a few months ago(I had them prior for years), but rarely have headaches now.(knock on wood) I think many of what I may have had before were rebound headaches from drugs.
My sleep is still a little broken, but I get at least 6 hours most nights. Still have the tinnitus, and may always have it, but I live with it. Many of you ask has it got better....well it's still there all the time, but I don't notice it most times unless I pay attention. How? Living life, you occupy your focus on what you're doing and enjoying not the incessant buzzing in your head. It becomes background noise. It may sound silly, but you can get there too!

Create NEW memories, don't live in the doldrums of the hell the drugs have caused. You won't be able to do this immediately and everyday while recovering, but when you learn how to live again you will want more. It is unbelievable how the drugs encompass your whole existence that you forget what living was like. I forgot what joy was....never thought I'd feel it again, but once you do and realize what you had taken away you will long to live again!
Just survive the bad times...it's unbearable at times, but bear it and survive and you will thrive one day!
I absolutely never thought my life would be better than ever, I didn't believe when people would write that...don't get me wrong, I lost over 3 years of my life I'll never get back. I lost some opportunities and friends too. But we weren't promised a perfect life, I absolutely love life again and appreciate the small things.💙💙
I pray all of you survive and instead of reading success stories, you are writing one! God bless 😊

Love to you all❤

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #115 on: August 18, 2019, 08:12:50 pm »
[...], you always lift us up and get us a few more days down the road, that is so appreciated :smitten: :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #116 on: August 19, 2019, 02:28:28 pm »
[...] said it well [...]....thank you for lifting us up! It feels so good to read of your success. Enjoy your hard earned wellness!

With appreciation,
[...] :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #117 on: August 19, 2019, 03:22:42 pm »
[...], I always appreciate your wise, positive updates! Your story is still one of my favourites - and I agree with everything you wrote in your latest post.

Thank you for being a light on here. Wishing you endless moments of magic and beautiful new memories....

Warmly,
Wildflower