Author Topic: I'm still in here!  (Read 9340 times)

[Buddie]

Re: I'm still in here!
« Reply #100 on: May 07, 2019, 01:58:06 am »
27 months from my last dose.

Things still left....
Constant tinnitus
Headaches but not as often
Sleep is still broken, wake 5-6 times a night and have to pee everytime but broken sleep is still better than no sleep!

Things gone....
Pretty much everything else.
Anxiety
Agoraphobia
Akathasia
Depression
Intrusive thoughts
Rashes
Muscle pain (except old guy pain)
Palpitations
Hypersalivation
Cold intolerance
Tremors
Health anxiety
Fear
Many more.....

I'm thankful to have a "normal" life again. I can do pretty much anything any other 61 year old can do. Is life perfect, no. But it's not supposed to be. I'm more patient and resilient than ever. I appreciate the little things even more than before.

I never thought I'd make it....I had assumed I would suffer and die, dying would have been an answer to prayer....but I'm so glad I'm still alive!
Hang in there and make it through the hell, one moment at a time.

[...]
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #101 on: May 07, 2019, 09:45:05 pm »
SO good to hear BStrong!  Thank you.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #102 on: May 08, 2019, 11:37:28 am »
Thanks for the update things get better as time passes !!!!
« Last Edit: May 08, 2019, 01:38:20 pm by [Buddie] »

[Buddie]

« Reply #103 on: May 08, 2019, 11:56:07 am »
Wonderful update!  Happy for you!

Congratulations on surviving!

[...]  :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #104 on: May 08, 2019, 01:04:54 pm »
Thanks for the update and so happy you are living a great life again! :thumbsup:

[Buddie]

« Reply #105 on: May 09, 2019, 02:06:32 am »
Thanks for the thoughts buddies!
In response to some dm's....
I decided to get off of everything and see where I was. I was in hell and wasn't sure what was causing what. I had been on Nexium for 10+ years, I tapered off of it because of reading how absorption can be hindered in the gut by the Nexium restricting acid too much that vitamins and nutrients don't get broken down and absorbed properly.
I had been put on propranolol at one point for BP/heart issues. I tapered off of it. I quit Phenergan which I was told (erroneously) to take 2 a day for my stomach issues. This made my insomnia much worse. At one point or another I had been given Ativan, Valium, Buspirone, Visteril, Lyrica, Ambien and other sleep drugs, Probiotics, Remeron, Lexapro, Thorazine (which had the most severe withdrawal), Mobic, self injected B12, Vitamin D, in addition to Klonopin.
I was also told to take Losartan, dopamine antagonists, prosac, zoloft and probably others I have forgotten.
I was initially diagnosed with Mesenteric Paniculitis, a rare autoimmune Gastrointestinal disease. During my illness and withdrawal I was also diagnosed with Parkinson's, tardive dyskinesia, Cushing's disease, schizophrenia and possibly lymphoma.
I wore Holter monitors, had a heart Catheter, 3 different heart stress tests, MRIs of my brain, EKGs, EEGs....
It has now been 27+ months since my last dose of K. I've not had any of the other drugs either. I've taken a few tylenol or advil for migraines...but usually only 2-3 times a month, I don't want rebound headaches so I tough it out unless I feel I really need it. The migraines are decreasing also.
I made a concerted effort to avoid anything that might have an impact on my recovery. I've not had any caffeine since December 5th, 2015. No alcohol either, even though I've never really been a drinker anyway (alcoholism runs in my family).
I also avoided supplements and quick fixes too, because like many before me have said....Time is the only cure.
This is not meant to sway you as I'm no doctor! But be your own advocate!!!!
I'm living life again! I have clarity! I see colors! I may die tomorrow but I made it to the other side! :smitten:
At my worst NO ONE believed me when I said it was the drugs....NO ONE!
I'm so glad I didn't cave and start taking more drugs!!! Hang in there and trust yourself! :thumbsup:

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #106 on: July 23, 2019, 02:13:22 am »
[...] all my buddies are seeing more positive days and getting better. My prayers to you guys for healing and happiness.  :smitten:
I'm almost 2 1/2 years since my last bit of K and am loving life again! Never thought it would be possible.....Peace and love to you all!!!!

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #107 on: July 23, 2019, 02:30:45 am »
Wow, [...], thank you for the detailed update! You totally did get to the glorious other side. That list of meds is unreal...the system is seriously insane. So sorry no one believed you.. congrats on sticking to your intuition. So you donít do any vits? Not even Vit D?  Thatís the one Iím on the fence abt taking. But too scared to during w/d so Iím not taking anything else right now either. Stepping off in less than 2 wks and canít wait to join you on the other side. And Iím so happy to read the intrusive thoughts are gone- I still have that one (amongst plenty of other things) and hate it. 

Youíre a true inspiration and I love your happy ending!!

[Buddie]

« Reply #108 on: July 25, 2019, 03:01:16 am »
Wow, [...], thank you for the detailed update! You totally did get to the glorious other side. That list of meds is unreal...the system is seriously insane. So sorry no one believed you.. congrats on sticking to your intuition. So you donít do any vits? Not even Vit D?  Thatís the one Iím on the fence abt taking. But too scared to during w/d so Iím not taking anything else right now either. Stepping off in less than 2 wks and canít wait to join you on the other side. And Iím so happy to read the intrusive thoughts are gone- I still have that one (amongst plenty of other things) and hate it. 

Youíre a true inspiration and I love your happy ending!!
[...],
Come on in the water's fine!....so happy for your stepping off! Congratulations. I do absolutely no vitamins, but that's ust me. It works better for me; I believed the best way for my body to have a chance to reach homeostasis was to not use anything artificial. I chose to try and get my vitamins through my food. I also had quit Nexium, and I believe that helped my absorption. I tried vitamin D a couple times earlier on before I decided this, while I was still very anxious and it definitely ramped up my anxiety. I had tried multivitamins and the iron was too strong for my stomach and caused constipation.
After this and all the other trials and tribulations I was put through with meds, I decided I was foregoing all meds I could, no matter how tough and avoid any supplements. Aside from an occasional tylenol or advil, I haven't taken anything!!!
And I feel better than I have in forever.
I pray your getting off is as smooth as possible, prayers my friend  :thumbsup:

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #109 on: July 26, 2019, 01:48:00 am »
Thank you [...]!!
One week to go for me for my taper.

I agree with you- no artificial- getting vits and nutrients from food. Iím all for that!
So what do you do for D? Hard to get in food. Do you get enough sun exposure?

So wonderful to hear you feel better than ever. So many buddies say that and that is definitely very exciting!