anyone ever develop an eatting disorder

[ju...]

last summer before i developed an agoraphobia  i weighed 185  pounds  im a 5ft7  male i was muscular now at the end of this summer i weighed my self a few days ago n i have a boxing scale weight is dead on its a balance beam scale that u calibrate i weighed 133.5 pounds  i eat two meals a day    or at least try to im just really dont get hungry like i use to  and ever since my kidney stone on 5-22-18 i was about 148  then ive lost another 14.5 pounds because i now drink 5 bottled waters everyday  so i never have to experience that horrible pain again !!  i developed ocd with washing my hands im afraid of germs  i wash prob 15 times a day or more never really counted and not im at the point of  if my food isnt prepaired right or it was on a plate that had a stain on it i wont eat it yesterday i heated up a hamburger in the microwave and when i was taking it off the plate on part of it touched the counter top and i had to throw it away because i saw my mom set a bottle of murphys oil soap there early in the day  im starting to get really weird about shit i use to never think twice about just would like to know if anyone has been down this path before

I am so sorry you are going through this. The brain starts to go OCD when it isn’t getting enough fuel.

Please try to eat more. Think about calorie dense foods with carbs and fat to put some weight on and get glucose to your brain. Sometimes smoothies are good to get calories down or milkshakes. Take care.

last summer before i developed an agoraphobia  i weighed 185  pounds  im a 5ft7  male i was muscular now at the end of this summer i weighed my self a few days ago n i have a boxing scale weight is dead on its a balance beam scale that u calibrate i weighed 133.5 pounds  i eat two meals a day    or at least try to im just really dont get hungry like i use to  and ever since my kidney stone on 5-22-18 i was about 148  then ive lost another 14.5 pounds because i now drink 5 bottled waters everyday  so i never have to experience that horrible pain again !!  i developed ocd with washing my hands im afraid of germs  i wash prob 15 times a day or more never really counted and not im at the point of  if my food isnt prepaired right or it was on a plate that had a stain on it i wont eat it yesterday i heated up a hamburger in the microwave and when i was taking it off the plate on part of it touched the counter top and i had to throw it away because i saw my mom set a bottle of murphys oil soap there early in the day  im starting to get really weird about shit i use to never think twice about just would like to know if anyone has been down this path before

Hey! I'm so sorry you're going through this. I'm also struggling with weight loss and is I'm a female have gotten many snarky comments like 'are you anorexic?', 'you need to eat something?', 'this is not a good ok for you'. Of course, there have been genuinely concerned people also.

I don't call it an eating disorder (makes me think of anorexia or bulimia), but rather disordered eating that is caused by some other not weight-related stressor. I agree with the previous poster. Maybe smoothies help? In any way, it's good to find something that works for you and also gives you the proper nourishment for a while. Maybe there's some people that doesn't feel so icky right now?

thanks for the replies i do eat to meals a day even if im not hungry i force myself to eat the meals  i dont look unhealthy i just look skinner if that makes sense im still im a normal bm9 rating for my age highet n weight

Yes, weight tends to come off (or on) while in the thick of it. And OCD issues can appear, too. All kinds of weird things happen. The brain is trying to make sense of everything. The nerves have been in an uproar. I keep reading that everything goes back to normal when the body/brain heal.

Try forcing three meals and snacks. I lost a lot when I was C/t and my brain was so OCD then. The more I ate the more the brain calmed down. Now food really helps calm my nervous system and I have  gained a lot.

• 2 months later...
You just have to force small meals and snacks throughout the day. I don’t know anything about Ativan but have you considered switching to a longer acting benzo?

You said that the ocd was getting better but that you are still loosing weight... Have you recently seen a doctor about this weight loss? 

58 pounds over a 9 week span is a pretty significant rate of loss.

It seems to me that if the ocd is improving but you are still losing weight, that it would be prudent to rule out other physical causes...

If the ocd is still affecting your ability to nourish yourself, (there isn't a physical cause for your weight loss, aside from "simply" not eating...), then maybe it's time to address that with a therapist. 

If you are not able to engage a therapist, (or just don't want to), maybe explore some self-help tools, like this..., or on Amazon.

My experience with ocd that bridges into an eating disorder is that it becomes necessary to address (and confront) why you can't eat.  Eventually, the ensuing anorexia contributes to the distorted thought process, making it that much more difficult to manage.

It sounds to me that you are worried, and that's a good sign.

(I am sorry you are going through this & wish you wellness.)

Eat the biscuits. Your body craves the carbs , sugar, and fats to calm and heal your stress hormones and nervous system.

Prior to WD I ate Paleo and had lost 112lbs so that is the absolutely last thing I want to do.

One of my teeth rotted because of it. I had to have it filled.

I’m talking whole packets of biscuits and having no control over it.

I have no sensation of ever having eaten anything however much I eat.

I am hungry all day everyday.

Prior to this I ate one meal a day and was stuffed.

I am terrified I will never have a sensation of feeling full ever again.

If you are hungry all day you should eat. Food is energy. You need energy to heal. Once your body feels like it is being feed whenever it’s hungry the hunger will die down some. Hunger is like communication from the body saying it needs food. You wouldn’t ignore the communication from your body to use the rest room.

It’s craving the biscuits because they are very calorie dense. Once you eat more and more often the craving for super dense foods will lessen. Your body is just trying to communicate to you that it needs energy/food.

JannaBean  i did not lose 58 pounds in 9 weeks i must of miss read this the 58 pound weight loss started in august 2017 now novemer 2018 ive lost a total of 58 pounds  thanks for all the replys  the last two days ive been eatting more and more snakes also ocd is almost gone in just a few weeks  ill update soon if if i lose or gain any back

If you are hungry all day you should eat. Food is energy. You need energy to heal. Once your body feels like it is being feed whenever it’s hungry the hunger will die down some. Hunger is like communication from the body saying it needs food. You wouldn’t ignore the communication from your body to use the rest room.

It’s craving the biscuits because they are very calorie dense. Once you eat more and more often the craving for super dense foods will lessen. Your body is just trying to communicate to you that it needs energy/food.

I have gained weight. I am getting plenty of calories. It is not that kind of problem. It is more akin to the kind of eating problem people with frontal lobe dementia get where they eat whole bowls of sugar.

My brain can not detect there is any food in my stomach. The signals are simply not being sent back. I could eat 20 plates of food and if I didn’t remember doing it I would have no idea there is food in my stomach. There is literally no sensation of fullness either from distension or from chemical/hormonal signalling from nervous system.

I have lost all internal visceral sensation and have severely altered sensation throughout my whole body.

Ajusta  sorry to hear that but i have to total opposite reaction my stomach does not tell me im hungry nor does my brain anymore  if i dont eat for long peroids of time it will cause high anxiety leading to a panic attack tho..  so i try and keep track of the time when i eat and i cant eat alot  anymore because i get very bloated then dont feel good for a few hours even get nauseous