Think am in major depression

[Ba...]

Hi.  Think am in major depression.  Can ring up old psych. who, uh, put me on these meds to begin with...  otherwise, what dos one with depression do if thy are alone, isolated?  Really scared at idea of hospital or drs., even.  Not able to do much.

Thx.

[66...]

Depression is a typical side effect of benzos, and Valium in particular can very depressive for some people. I know, I was one of them – had to switch back to Ativan because it got so severe.

As you probably already know, docs tend to poo-poo the effects of benzos and offer antidepressants, on the assumption that the depression is underlying ‘illness.’ If you weren’t ever this depressed before, it’s probably the Valium.

Another thing to consider is that stopping Lyrica can set off temporary depression too, so if you’re still taking it on and off, that may be giving you a problem too. The polydrugging, as I learned from my own terrible experiences, can really throw you for a loop.

I know that’s not much help, but if you can hang on to the notion that it’s only temporary, it may help you get by until you can finish the Valium taper, and dispense with the Lyrica and Ambien too.

It’s a tough situation, I know it all too well, but it’s really possible to sleep after all this. I’m sleeping on the wrong side of the clock, but it sure beats the time when I had no sleep at all, so I'm grateful for it whenever it comes.

You’ll get there too.  :thumbsup:

Depression is a typical side effect of benzos, and Valium in particular can very depressive for some people. I know, I was one of them – had to switch back to Ativan because it got so severe.

As you probably already know, docs tend to poo-poo the effects of benzos and offer antidepressants, on the assumption that the depression is underlying ‘illness.’ If you weren’t ever this depressed before, it’s probably the Valium.

Another thing to consider is that stopping Lyrica can set off temporary depression too, so if you’re still taking it on and off, that may be giving you a problem too. The polydrugging, as I learned from my own terrible experiences, can really throw you for a loop.

I know that’s not much help, but if you can hang on to the notion that it’s only temporary, it may help you get by until you can finish the Valium taper, and dispense with the Lyrica and Ambien too.

It’s a tough situation, I know it all too well, but it’s really possible to sleep after all this. I’m sleeping on the wrong side of the clock, but it sure beats the time when I had no sleep at all, so I'm grateful for it whenever it comes.

You’ll get there too.  :thumbsup:

Well if it is valium causing then I'd go back to clonopin, but was not feeling great on that (but not like this).  Well or sleep dr. said restoril, but that was before I was in this sort of shape. 

Yes the lyrica was taking now and then but taking all the time as afraid to not take it.  afraid to change anything.  Do see where ambien used to work but is not now other than maybe 2 hrs.  But if I'm not stable what do I do?

Yes, drs. will be happy to switch me around but none of them believed mirtaz could do what it did... and it did it.  I should have held on clonopin or gone up at that point but did not trust any of them.

AND the sleep problem was pre-drugs of any sort.  So this does not address what the heck I'd do to get any sleep at all if I were benzo free... or everything free.

I just don't know and see little hope.  Been through the guess we'll try this drug, that drug crap before--  40 years ago and since then.

Thx for the reply!  I thought lyrica was making me depressed if did not take it-- you confirm that....