need titration schedule, .25mg

[ca...]

hhi my dad is on .25 mg total of clonaz.  We tried titration in past, went back to dry, but will try again this time. 

he has a .50mg tab, is not taking 1/8 am., 1/16 at 1:30, 1/16 at 7:30pm  (so he is taking a total of .25 per day, of an original .50 tablet.  he is in very very bad shape, pretty non functional, my mom takes care of his medicine.  very disoriented and confused everyday all day.

this drug has never done any good since placed in his system...so i guess suppose go slow...don't want to go too fast, i know its not that much left to get off.

someone suggested take 100 ml, and reduce by 2ml each day (2ml, day 1; 4ml on day two, 8ml on day three).  is this fast or moderate.  want to stay 10% reccommended by ashton.  i guess get  off in 50 days?  is that reaonable.  its almost like i want him off fast b/c this drug never did any good, only made him worse, but then again not want him to go too fast like a cold turkey.  ..so lets stay in a moderate pace i suppose?  also, we just have a kitchen measuring cup (has 100ml and more) and a syringe from the pharmacy. 

thanks so much!,

Carla

and he also needs to take it over a course of 3x a day.

so how do youdo that....once you disperse the amount to throw away w/ the syringe......where do you put the rest of the liquid to try and evenly disperse into 3 as i know you have to be careful and do it fast for the medicine to be evenly distribuited.....baby jars?? do you quickly pour into 2 other containers from the main one and then shake???  thank you

and he also needs to take it over a course of 3x a day.

so how do youdo that....once you disperse the amount to throw away w/ the syringe......where do you put the rest of the liquid to try and evenly disperse into 3 as i know you have to be careful and do it fast for the medicine to be evenly distribuited.....baby jars?? do you quickly pour into 2 other containers from the main one and then shake???  thank you

Hi Carla,

Yes, that is basically what you do.

someone suggested take 100 ml, and reduce by 2ml each day (2ml, day 1; 4ml on day two, 8ml on day three).  is this fast or moderate.  i guess get  off in 50 days?

A taper of 0.25mg Klonopin in 50 days is considered moderate to fairly slow. It would not be unreasonable to speed it up a bit.