builder - taper from 10% to 5% ?

[ma...]

builder - per our last convo .. i've been reducing down by 10% of 13.50 valium.  I was at 13.35 mg yesterday ... I'm having sxs (bp spikes) about 6-7:00 pm last 3 days..so I guess that means 10% is

too much taper ?  do I just hold and then continue on? I feel if I can get below 10 mg then my sxs will be better.

I can go to 5% by cutting the .1 mg  to .5 mg  ..right ?  and in your opinion - is that still too much ?

I thought I would be able to cut the 10% at this big dose and then smaller as I went along ..  :-\

what'ca think ...in your opinion of course..

builder - per our last convo .. i've been reducing down by 10% of 13.50 valium.  I was at 13.35 mg yesterday ... I'm having sxs (bp spikes) about 6-7:00 pm last 3 days..so I guess that means 10% is

too much taper ?  do I just hold and then continue on? I feel if I can get below 10 mg then my sxs will be better.

I can go to 5% by cutting the .1 mg  to .5 mg  ..right ?  and in your opinion - is that still too much ?

I thought I would be able to cut the 10% at this big dose and then smaller as I went along ..  :-\

what'ca think ...in your opinion of course..

10% over what time frame?  Are you doing C&H?  I was thinking we worked on a daily taper.

Yes... daily taper per the 10% schedule is what I want to do.  I started on 8-24 .. at 13.55 - tapered to 13.25 and started having bp spikes in the evenings .. have had to hold a few times because of bp spikes - so back up to 13.35 and holding for last 2 days..no spikes yesterday or today.. so is that my clue that 10% is too much and I need to drop to 5% ? 

I have been tapering 8 days .. I should be further along but have to hold every few days .  I'm not making much progress.. maybe the past cuts are catching up .. dunno. 

Yes... daily taper per the 10% schedule is what I want to do.  I started on 8-24 .. at 13.55 - tapered to 13.25 and started having bp spikes in the evenings .. have had to hold a few times because of bp spikes - so back up to 13.35 and holding for last 2 days..no spikes yesterday or today.. so is that my clue that 10% is too much and I need to drop to 5% ? 

I have been tapering 8 days .. I should be further along but have to hold every few days .  I'm not making much progress.. maybe the past cuts are catching up .. dunno.

Again, 10% over what time frame?  What's your daily cut rate?

10% over 14 days :  I started at 13.55 because I was already dosing at l3.50

your schedule for me:

13.75mg X 10% = 1.375mg

1.375/14 days = .098mgs/day reduction  (Round up to .1mg/day...see how nice that worked out!  ;) )

Follow my instructions above to prepare 1500 mls of .1mg per ml liquid.

Dose schedule:

13.75mg          137.5ml

13.65mg          136.5ml

13.55mg          135.5ml

13.45mg          134.5ml

10% over 14 days :  I started at 13.55 because I was already dosing at l3.50

your schedule for me:

OK, now that we got that straightened out...(I sometimes do schedules for folks 2-3 times per day, so I don't always remember each one.  :) )

I can go to 5% by cutting the .1 mg  to .5 mg  ..right ? 

Yes

and in your opinion - is that still too much ?

I really wouldn't think so.

Thank you ...

I know we wear you out .  I was thinking I could stay at 10% and hold every few days and progress faster ... but guess the same is accomplished by just doing the 5%  taper every day. 

Thanks again.... appreciate your help    :smitten:

Thank you ...

I know we wear you out .  I was thinking I could stay at 10% and hold every few days and progress faster ... but guess the same is accomplished by just doing the 5%  taper every day. 

Thanks again.... appreciate your help    :smitten:

Smaller cuts, more often, is always the more tolerable option.

builder - I'm making my second batch and reducing from 10% to 5% cut.... is the following correct _ I'm now at

13.29 mg V x 5% = 0.66

0.66/14 = .047 ... so that is my cut each day...

do the numbers now change to 133 mg V with 133 ml Everclear and add 1330 ml water ? and starting dose will be 133 ml of liquid... 

this was your first recipe for me:

"Combine 150 mg V with 150ml Everclear* and add 1350ml water.  Now you have a 1500 mls of dilute V solution, .1mg per ml  At your dose and taper plan, this is  approx a 10-12 day supply. Since it is .1mg per ml, your starting dose of 13.5mg will be 135 ml of liquid."

Thank you .

I always try to make things as simple as possible, so I always try to work with round numbers.

You want to have a solution where .1mg=1ml.  Just continue to do " 150 mg V with 150ml Everclear* and add 1350ml water"  There is no need to change the batch size just because you are at a slightly lower dose.  It just means you batch will now last a few days longer.

lol  ok ... makes sense... guess it the mgs and ml that were throwing me. 

I'm a mortgage loan officer and work with numbers - hahahahaha   

Thanks again    :smitten:

• 3 weeks later...

I wondered if anyone could answer me a question about crash bandicoot's liquid taper, or if he is still around . Maybe you might know builder?. It is in an old thread but looks simple with a brown bottle and some one ml syringes.

He mentions taking 20 days worth of the tablets you wish to use, i.e. say .5mg over 20 days equals 10mgs, or slower I guess .25mgs over 20 days equals 5mgs. the rest in tablets. Diluting in vodka or PEG, and making up to 60mls for 20 days worth.

This sounds like a good idea for a micro taper, but what I cannot follow is if the first day you remove 1ml 3 times a day, then the next .99mls and so on. Surely after 20 days you have some left over. What do you do. Throw it away, and start the next batch minus .5mgs or.25mgs whichever speed you are going at. Does it not matter about the surplus left unused.

I am not at my sharpest, but am encouraged by what appears to be a very simple method of micro tapering, as I sure my body could not talk any more shocks at the moment, but want to start moving down if I can , I have been stuck on 2.5mgs diazepam for almost a month now and any attempt to chip bits off does not work.

I was supposed to get my hospital bed today, but am now told it could be tomorrow, or maybe Wednesday as it has not yet become free, which perhaps is a good thing as I do keep getting very tiny windows where I want to eat and if I can possibly stay out I will. and want to move forward very gently till rid of this evil drug, and hopefully eventually regain some strength.

I know it's and off chance as the taper was on an old thread, but I did see builder on there, so perhaps someone has the information I want, and can send for a brown bottle and some 1ml syringes.

here's hoping I can beat this and that hospital bed I dread where I will get little choice in any treatment.

Thanks in anticipation anyone who can help 

Chinchuck

I'm not familiar with the post or system you mention, but all liquid tapers are pretty simple.  I never understand why so many folks feel like they need to complicate such a simple concept with different twists and variations.  I see posts here almost every day from folks who wanted too do things "differently", then say "I tried DLMT and it didn't work."

1)  You either start with an Rx liquid, and dilute that to a .1mg =1ml liquid, or you dissolve your tablets in a solvent (vodka or PG) and dilute that .1mg=1ml.  Make and store about a 10-14 day supply in any covered glass jar.

2)  Choose a taper rate (mgs/days or %/days) and make a chart with each days dose(s).  No matter what kind of taper you choose, you must do this step anyway.

3)  Using an oral syringe(s) extract and drink the amounts shown on that chart.

The procedure is just the same as if your doc gave you scrip for a liquid med, and a dosing schedule.  It's not rocket science. ::)

I can help if you need more info.

I am probably jumping the gun anyway as I may well be in hospital tomorrow. I can tell my body is craving a higher dose of diazepam now , but is giving  in so bad,  for a bit of relief, a bit of normalcy. I think I have been on this amount for too long now, and though I am managing to eat a little now and force myself out for a short walk occasionally round the block, I am far from well and do need something to stabilise me. I thought the bed would be available today but it seems not and so I wait, maybe tomorrow, I am desperate for something to bring down the anxiety level. I hope they have something that will alleviate this feeling, it's so hard to live with. and tempting to take an extra mg to ease it, but then what will the months have achieved, nothing, , I have been ill for so long and all because of Doctors prescribing dangerous drugs for a small problem. Not sure what to do in truth . I have tiny windows of a few minutes,  then hours and days of this horror.  I have fought as hard as I could Any tips that might help builder to get me through? into a little relief. sorry to have tagged onto you thread. rude of me, sorry 

I am probably jumping the gun anyway as I may well be in hospital tomorrow. I can tell my body is craving a higher dose of diazepam now , but is giving  in so bad,  for a bit of relief, a bit of normalcy.

IMO, there is nothing to be gained by trying to "tough it out"! 

Your observation is correct, your body needs a higher dose to feel normal, so 1) go back to a dose you are OK at, then 2) restart your taper at a slower rate.

A sensible taper is simply trying to match your reduction to your body's ability to adjust.  If your miserable, then your taper rate is simply  out of synch with your body's recovery.

Thank you so much for replying, Sadly I don't know what that amount would be as I have never felt ok on this drug. At first it was intermittent up to maybe 3mgs, then stopped for a week when put on mirtazapine for a week. then the emergency Doc said to take up to 6mgs, which I did that day, then it was intermittant between 1 a 5 mgs, mostly 3 mgs, sometimes 4mgs, I did keep a record, but I did not know it would destabilise me, and they kept assuring me it was fine as long as I stayed below 3 or 4mgs, that at such low doses  are not addictive and too short a time. My fault I did not check I know . but doubt my Doctor will prescribe me more than the reducing dose. Bit of a mess, Thank you any way for your care

I wondered if anyone could answer me a question about crash bandicoot's liquid taper, or if he is still around . Maybe you might know builder?. It is in an old thread but looks simple with a brown bottle and some one ml syringes.

He mentions taking 20 days worth of the tablets you wish to use, i.e. say .5mg over 20 days equals 10mgs, or slower I guess .25mgs over 20 days equals 5mgs. the rest in tablets. Diluting in vodka or PEG, and making up to 60mls for 20 days worth.

This sounds like a good idea for a micro taper, but what I cannot follow is if the first day you remove 1ml 3 times a day, then the next .99mls and so on. Surely after 20 days you have some left over. What do you do. Throw it away, and start the next batch minus .5mgs or.25mgs whichever speed you are going at. Does it not matter about the surplus left unused.

I am not at my sharpest, but am encouraged by what appears to be a very simple method of micro tapering, as I sure my body could not talk any more shocks at the moment, but want to start moving down if I can , I have been stuck on 2.5mgs diazepam for almost a month now and any attempt to chip bits off does not work.

I was supposed to get my hospital bed today, but am now told it could be tomorrow, or maybe Wednesday as it has not yet become free, which perhaps is a good thing as I do keep getting very tiny windows where I want to eat and if I can possibly stay out I will. and want to move forward very gently till rid of this evil drug, and hopefully eventually regain some strength.

I know it's and off chance as the taper was on an old thread, but I did see builder on there, so perhaps someone has the information I want, and can send for a brown bottle and some 1ml syringes.

here's hoping I can beat this and that hospital bed I dread where I will get little choice in any treatment.

Thanks in anticipation anyone who can help

Inpatient in a psych ward turned me into a benzo addict. Avoid if at all possible and good luck.

Staz

Chinchuck - if you are at 2.75 mg and miserable... up to 3 mg and see if you stabilize .. if not then 3.25 ..or 3.5..  stabilize .. hold for at least 2 weeks or longer then micro cut ...

.05 from the dose you are on  ..  maybe cut every 2 or 3 days ...and hold .. listen to your body.  I started out cutting every day and now every 10 days I hold for a week or so .. then start with the .05 cut .. not much but at least i'm going down.  Good luck and hold on ...

try not to go to hosp ..they will cut you too fast and then you will rebound in a few weeks or a month or so and then what . 

prayers .. for smooth journey.  We've been there ... I'm still there.  :smitten: