Ketamine “therapy” recommend Thoughts??

[Be...]

I’m in severe tolerance wd from temazapam and coming off a horrible cocktail of psych meds, every symptom in the horror book... my psych doc is pushing for ketamine therapy to relieve these symptoms and continue tapering. But I’m terrified and not very trusting of any docs. Thoughts?? Not much info out there. Thank you!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Ketamine helped me while in tolerance WD. I didn’t go to a doctor though which is what you should do. I was able to get pure ketamine but is was from the dark web that I had a friend get me. I was too impaired to properly use a computer or read anything without getting vertigo at this time. I had  psychotic depression but the depression part was more severe than the psychotic part. Anyway, I would use super small amounts of ketamine when I had SI and it would put it in remission for several weeks, sometimes months. I used other therapies as well that are unconventional. You need to do what you need to to get off benzos. Benzos were a death sentence for me I needed to get off them anyway I could. I made mistakes in the process because of benzos of course. I snort ketamine when I use it. Usually in two 30mg divided doses. This seems to be the minimum dosage I need to extract benefit. The infusions probably work way better but I don't want to pay for it.

• 3 weeks later...

Ketamine helped me while in tolerance WD. I didn’t go to a doctor though which is what you should do. I was able to get pure ketamine but is was from the dark web that I had a friend get me. I was too impaired to properly use a computer or read anything without getting vertigo at this time. I had  psychotic depression but the depression part was more severe than the psychotic part. Anyway, I would use super small amounts of ketamine when I had SI and it would put it in remission for several weeks, sometimes months. I used other therapies as well that are unconventional. You need to do what you need to to get off benzos. Benzos were a death sentence for me I needed to get off them anyway I could. I made mistakes in the process because of benzos of course. I snort ketamine when I use it. Usually in two 30mg divided doses. This seems to be the minimum dosage I need to extract benefit. The infusions probably work way better but I don't want to pay for it.

Mamoot,

While Ketamine is being used by some doctors, it is done in a controlled medical environment.  It is not appropriate for you to discuss obtaining Ketamine from illegal sources.  This kind of posting is against forum rules and policies.

pianogirl

My therapist suggested I discuss this kind of treatment with a pdoc, although I don't have one at the moment.

I am a little worried about asking a regular doctor about it. I don't want them to label me drug seeking.

It's totally understandable that you would be worried about trying it, I would be too. I hope people can share their experiences here, so that you could have a better idea.