Depression Waking Me Up

[bo...]

The past few nights, I have been waking up a couple hours after falling asleep feeling incredibly depressed. I'm just super uncomfortable with ruminating, dark thoughts in my head. This has happened on occasion this summer but never two nights in a row. Here I am writing this in the middle of the night because I don't know what else to do in the middle of the night when I wake up feeling this lousy. Why can't these horrible thoughts just go away. I'm wondering if one of the following things I've done the past few days is causing this.

1. I took a vitamin e supplement. I won't be doing this again.

2. I ate two fast food tacos.

3. I am getting ready to go back to work and have been going in to get my classroom setup.

I just don't know anymore. Waking my wife up in the middle of the night is little comfort at this point. I just feel wired and miserable. Please help.

I just did this night before last. Poor hubby! He works so hard. And my thoughts were so horrible that I said something not so nice to him and he ended up going on the couch. I felt so much worse then. Anyway, yes it's normal.

Also add in the feelings/questions of "is this caused by w/,d or life circumstances and it made for a crazy night. I am putting some systems and thought patterns in place to help me should this happen again. Positive thinking is so important!!

I think I need to quit taking random supplements for a while. I will keep taking the vitamin d3 and the small dose of zinc but nothing else. Also, I need to stick to a good diet even when I'm obsessive about eating fast food after many weeks. It could have to do with going back to work but I slept fine on Wednesday night after being in my classroom for 3 1/2 hours, working. It just sucks. It keeps feeling like I'm moving forward some days, as far as depression and bad though patterns, and then I go backwards. Need to stick a good diet.

Yes. Woke up this morning feeling hopeful for the first time in a while after a good night sleep. Took a couple drops of hemp CBD oil from Lucky's under my tongue before I went to bed. But hubby and I are taking our daughter to school this morning for an audition and while she is in there we are going to find someplace to sit and have a picnic. Right away I was like "I don't want to eat lunch meat because it has chemicals in it. " Lol.  It never mattered to me before all this now I'm scared to eat abham sandwich???

We need to relax. In mind, body, and spirit.

And since I am feeling decent today my mind is out of control with thoughts of "is this a window?" "Will it close" "do I feel normal?" Etc etc. Someone in my thread told me to just roll with it and the flow will return.

I know tomorrow I may feel like crap. Gotta just hope one day the window gets stuck in the open position.

I pretty much feel the same way all the time. Never used to worry about the food that I ate, now I'm constantly wondering if something has chemicals or not. I ate Taco Time last night and wonder if it's what caused me to wake up feeling like that. I have eaten very healthy today so far. But, yes, it's so obsessive. I never had any obsessions like this before. For the most part, I could go with the flow. The problem is any time I hear anything about death or depression, I start to fixate on those things. That never would have happened before all this. I'm so fragile to the things I see and people say. It's so strange.

Hope you enjoyed your picnic and please let me know how you do with CBD oil. I'm open to trying it, just wouldn't want to use it every day.

Chemicals in sandwich meat? So we should not eat turkey either? I just had a sandwich today.. first time eating any meat in over 30 days. Hope it doesn’t make me sick or have more withdrawal symptoms!! 

Leslie,

I wonder if being paranoid about eating just makes it worse. I know we are supposed to cut out sugar, alcohol, caffeine, and MSG, but trying to figure out what can and can't eat becomes obsessive. Trying to figure out how much exercise I can or can't do becomes very obsessive too. Worry probably just makes it worse. What do you think?

You are absolutely right! :thumbsup:  I was caught off guard by the meat thing and I am going to try to stay level headed so that I don't bring back my symptoms from stress.  THANK YOU!

I remember reading someone post about a coffee enema and I freaked out. I was like, "three months ago I was a completely normal person and now I'm questioning if a coffee enema will help me feel normal?".

It's Insanity!