Important Survey - Please Participate ×

The hardest year ever!

[Au...]

I’m close to closing this chapter in my life.  I’m down to .25 mg and can’t wait to finish. It’s been pure hell.

Auto

Hi Auto53man :smitten:

Do you mean that you keep on tapering during the year while having rough symptoms? Have you ever had the feeling that your symptoms somehow improve while tapering? At what dose do you think to jump?

All the best.

I feel like total garbage.  My body has spasms all over and I have no energy. This has been the most brutal withdrawal ever.  Muscle cramping and face tingling is so hard to deal with.  Oh ya and the nerve pain that truly feels like fire.  I plan on holding at .25 until the spasms quit. They are the most annoying symptom ever.

Stay the course it will be over eventually.

Auto

Hi Auto53man :smitten:

Everybody suffering withdrawal and cutting 33% of Xanax in one go (0.375 to 0.25 mg), although it will be then hold for one month, must expect unsettling symptoms to occur the days following the cut. I fear it will be worse next jump from 0.25 to 0.15 mg (40%). For information the general recommendations are to reduce 5-10% every 10-14 days.

Hi Bnzoh8trforever :smitten:

I have a doubt and transferred your taper history to a spreadsheet. The result is the following:

pqktY3K.png

By reducing a fixed quantity of 0.25 mg/week you started from 4.55%/week and in about 7 months arrive to 50%/week. This is fast and is probably the reason why you feel more and more symptoms as you come close to the cross line. For information the general recommendations are to reduce between 5-10% every 10-14 days to minimize withdrawal symptoms.

:hug:

It’s so hard to reduce small amounts when you get below .25 mg’s. I look at that stupid little pill and can’t believe it has so much control over my body. My sxs have slowed down a bit so I cut to .20 last night. I’m just at a point where I want to be done with this headache before I give in and go back to my original dose. When people say Benzo withdrawal is worse than opioids I believe it. I believe it’s a true dependence not an addiction.

.20 to go!