Need some help in choosing the ML of the cylinder and other equipments I need.

[...]

Hi,

I Need some help with the equipment I need for the water titration. which graduated cylinder should I get  to withdraw from klonopin, (Clonazepam), the the 100 ml, 250 ml, 500 ml, or 1000 ml? How many ML should the plastic syringe be?Do I need the oral syringe/no needle or a needle syringe? what is your opinion on the blender vs. the Tupperware container?Also, What honest and reliable sites can I get the graduated cylender and the syringe? I'm completely new to this and just want to make sure I get everything I need correct. Your help is greatly appreciate and needed.

Thanks

A 100ml cylinder should cover any eventuality. I think most people use a 10ml syringe - it is not critical, as it is just use for fine tuning the dose left in your cylinder.

joey I started out using a blender but just recently stopped because I found loss of drug water when pouring it into my beaker to draw my reductions. Now I just mix the drug water with a chopstick. If you are using milk you don't want to use a blender in the first place because it will foam/bubble up the milk.

I found my 100ml cylinder at amazon, I got the plastic one because it won't break.

You can go to a pharmacy and get a oral syringe most have them. I have a couple

10ml and a 20ml.

I also use a dropper I got at rite aide for free to fine tune everything.

http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx36/8291963/DSCF3260.jpg

Joey,

Just be sure that you keep the liquid agitated immediately before making any measurement, reductions, etc. The benzo powder should be evenly distributed within the liquid for your measurements to be meaningful.

I read a guide on what I need for the water titration technique but it wasn't that specific with that. so, I have another question. How many OZ or ML the Tupperware shaker, and the mortar and pestle glass should be? Does the mortar and pestle has to be glass? Your Help is appreciated.

Hi JOEY,

As I wrote earlier in this thread, a 100ml cylinder (with 1ml increments) should cover any eventuality. 100 divisions is overkill (much of the time), but becomes necessary if the only available tablets are of relatively large dose.

What dose are your clonazepam tablets?

Use any pestle and mortar you wish (although there are small pestle and mortars available specifically for the crushing of pills - "pill crushers". Many people make do crushing their tablets between two spoons.

Hey colin, yea, I understood the first time. I  ordered the 100 ml cylinder and 10 ml oral syringe. Regarding the mortal and pestle, I just wanted to know what the average oz or ml people on here have used. I actually have a pill crusher, do you think that would work?My dosage was recently increase to 2 mg a day. I take two 1 mg tablet once a day.

Hi JOEY,

We'll need this information before a plan can be drawn up for you.

Start date: when you would like your titration to start.

Dose: the dose you anticipate you be taking at the start date (in mgs).

Tablet dose: the dose of your individual tablets.

Number of tablets: the total number (and/or fractions) of tablets you take per day. Examples: 2 tabs; 2.5 tabs; 0.75 tabs. These are the number of tablets (not doses), and the tablets used must be of the same dosage (strength).

Taper rate: if you are unsure, ask for the input of others. The majority of people probably titrate at a rate of about 10% of their dose every 7-14 days. If you are unsure of where to start, and unless you have good reason to think you need a particularly slow taper, 1% per day is probably a good starting point. The taper plan can be altered later if need be.

Cylinder details: I will need to know the size of the cylinder you are using (100ml is recommended). I will also need to know that size of the marked increments. Just make sure that there enough increments for the given cylinder to ensure that the pill can be divided into small fractions (100ml cylinder with 1ml increments is always fine; 100ml with 2-5 increments is probably fine; 50ml with 5ml increments is not very useful). If you are using very large dose pills (for your given benzo), such as 10mg Valium or 2mg Xanax, you will absolutely need lots of increments. This usually means a 100ml cylinder with 1ml increments.

Hi pamster2,

1.I plan to start when I get all my equipments, which is in about 1 or 1.5 week.

2.Since I'm in school I would like to go slow so I'm going to try to decrease 10% of the 2 mg which equals 1.8 mg if I'm not mistaken.

3.I'm taking  2 mg a day.

4.I take two, 1 mg tablet once a day.

5.I'm planning to decrease 10% a day for 2 or 3 weeks.

6. the cylinder I order is a plastic 100 ml, subdivision 1 ml( I believe that's the increments.

Thanks for taking your time to help me out.

Hi Joey,

Titration is about making frequent small cuts. So, for example, you might decide upon reducing your dose 10% every 7 days, but we will work up titration schedule that coverts the 10% every 7 days into a tiny daily reduction. We take care of all the numbers for you, but you will need to decide upon a taper rate.

So, how by much do you wish to reduce you dose over what period of time? 1% per day is probably pretty average, but if you have struggled to make cuts in the past, you might decide to go more slowly (10% over 14 days, for example).

Hi Colin,

I prefer withdraw slowly. I'm going to start school and I can't afford to go through bad withdrawal side effects. I prefer 10% every 14 days or even 21 days. I have almost a year on klonopin. if I have to take  close to a year to withdraw from it to avoid suffering the bad withdrawal sides, I would prefer to withdraw as slow as possible. Thanks again

Hi Joey,

I can work up a schedule for you based upon a taper rate of 10% over 21 days. Let me know when you have received your cylinder and decided upon a date.

Hi Colin,

I will let you know once I receive my equipment for the water titration schedule. Thanks for helping me out. I really appreciate it.