does anyone have nausea from waking up till 8-9 ish at night , is it withdrawal?

[ch...]

I really struggling with not being able to eat much due to nausea and grumbling tummy. It starts from when I wake, approx. 6-7am and continues till around 9pm. when it vanishes. I cannot untangle to cause as over the past few months the Doctors, have said it's anxiety. or depression or both.

I have prescribed Diazepam which I have tapered down from 4mgs to 3mgs. I have tried pregabalin for a week at 25mg twice a day. Turned me into sick looking zombie so stopped after a week. Mirtazapine 1 week, 15mg so ill had to call emergency doctor. tried sertraline 4-5 days made me more nauseous and anxious, citalopram, same result.. psychiatrist put me back in mirtazapine 7.5mg, and stay on diazepam 4 mgs.. Again terrible results, thought I would die with any more, numb fingers, toes , mouth , tongue. red cheeks, over sedated, throat swollen ache left arm, terrible nausea. stop after 7 days...All since last March. Now 4 days off Mirtazapine and just on 3mgs diazepam which I want to be rid of.

The doctors say none of this is withdrawal. not on any long enough, but all anxiety and now depression, well who would not be.

I just want rid of the nausea so that at least I can have some fighting strength, but the waves of anxiety keep passing through me and I just  cannot eat, though I can sleep, at night with no difficulty.

Any suggestions. I am in a mess and getting worse the more they try yet another drug on me , I feel like a chemical experiment

Me again.

I feel like a useless slug. I can't even change a duvet cover without feeling so nauseas and in such a state of anxiety I want to pass out or throw up. I have had to run back to the security of my bed. My Doctor is no help. Not even a suggestion on how to stop the nausea so that I can eat. Nothing. Whatever shall I do I am so scared and no help from the medical profession.

Will it ever stop or should I just give up. and increase the diazepam . or just give up. full stop . so many short term drugs my body is dealing with, Guess the Mirtazipine is adding it's 2 pennies worth and only on it 7 days at a low dose.

Just want some help and there is none . so so scared

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Chinchuck,

I don't have any answers for you but I thought I would chime in and say I'm experiencing the same thing. I'm nauseous all day long and there doesn't seem to be anything that helps with it. I have been feeling this way for a while (you can see in my sig how long/much I've tapered) so I've learned to eat despite the nausea. I've found that I rarely throw up (though I sometimes do get dry heaves). It's important to have food to help with the anxiety.

I hope your nausea starts to dissipate soon. If I find something that helps with mine I'll be sure to share. I'm just assuming that this is part of the withdrawal process.

Best,

Fiskadoro

• 1 month later...
I totally understand what you're going through.  I also get the nausea/rumbles/general meh feeling in my stomach.  To top that off I started having acid reflux/GERD to the point that my gastroenterologist thought I had an ulcer.  Ended up getting an endoscopy, which caused a whole new world of anxiety, and the doc found nothing.  What kills me is that the stomach issues will start from something minor, but then they cause me anxiety which causes more stomach issues and so on, an endless cycle.  I find that forcing yourself to eat, even if its just a little bit, helps get it to pass.  I generally keep pretzels, apple sauce and ramen noodles on hands at home and work.  These, and other similar items, are generally bland enough to eat and not cause too many problems.  I found that if I stopped and took a deep look at the feelings in my stomach after a day or two it was more hunger based, but the anxiety was causing nausea on top of it.  If possible try items with cinnamon in them, cinnamon is a natural anti nausea food.  I tend to have apple cinnamon oatmeal in the mornings, even when I am having stomach issues.  It helps quite a bit.  Hope at least some of this helps.

Even at 10 months off I still get the nausea and benzo flu symptoms. My recent wave started with chills and body aches. It always starts the same for me. The nausea is horrible though.

Hi,

I am currently doing a taper and one of the najor issues that i had was gut problems. Lack of appetite tummy rumbling naseau upset stomach constipation diarhea really freaked me out. I started usung a probiotic pill daily with 30 billion bacteria. It's done wonders for me. You can get them at any pharmacy. Helped relieve my tummy issues and now enjoy eating along with a strong appetite. Intestinal flora. Hope this helps. I went 40 days without a real meal. The next day after taking 1 pill it seemed as if i didnt have much stomach issues.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes. I get nausea too, because the anxiety has racheted up, and I'd traditionally get a lot of GI issues and nausea whenever I experienced the significant uptick in anxiety.

But yes. It's been difficult. I do my best to keep hydrated and do some deep breathing when the anxiety gets really rough. That seems to help it a little.

• 1 month later...

So the weird thing for me wasn't nausea, but definitely symptoms being around only during the daylight hours, then lessening after the sun went down. I looked it up and found out that many folks' cortisol levels go down when the sun does. (This is also why someone might feel more itchy at night than during the day--cortisol is a stress hormone, but it's also anti-inflammatory.)

I wouldn't be surprised if the cascade of chemical changes resulting from the time of day were related to changes in symptoms.