Finally a decent Doctor - KL to Valium

[Me...]

So I've been taking roughly 2mg of KL for 5-6 years..? I was slowly switched to 40mg of valium and so far everything feels good, maybe even better. This guy knows about the Ashton method and everything and he's just a normal MD, it blows my mind. He had me do 1.5mg kl, 10mg valium, then 1mg 20mg valium and so on until I got to 40mg valium. This was over the first 2-3 months. Now it's time to slowly cut down and he's got a plan for like 2mg every week to two weeks and said I can stay steady if I'm having too many withdrawal issues. I've been looking for a doctor like this for idk how long. I'm sure you all have gotten the doctor that's just like cut your dose by a quarter every week to two and be off in a month and that works for like 1/100 people. Anyways, aside from personal stress, mentally, I've been good.

I suppose if I was going to ask a question here... How much should I cut on valium every two weeks? So far I've been feeling that I could probably cut 10mg the first cut, but I know all about the ups and downs and I don't want to ruin things. How much would you cut?

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Mentally drained how is it going? Did you start cutting? For me slow is always better to see how you feel. You can always adjust higher but better to be conservative to start instead of getting yourself in trouble cutting to fast. Inhave read on Ashton Manuel  when you are on higher doses you can cut bigger in the beginning. Perhaps go back and read what she says about that.

I am wondering how long you held each 10mg V cross before moving on to the next? If it took you two months was it about two weeks each time? I am trying to get going on my crossover now. Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
I started at 40mg valium and have done a 5mg cut every two weeks. I am now down to 20mg of valium. Slight anxiety, but I keep myself busy. It seems to be getting a little harder the lower I get, but i'm glad to finally be at 20mg val = 1mg KL. The doctor expected it to take longer, but side affects have been kind of low for me, so he just said to cut when I can basically. I just feel like if I can sleep 6-7 hours a night, then the rest doesn't matter.

So I've been taking roughly 2mg of KL for 5-6 years..? I was slowly switched to 40mg of valium and so far everything feels good, maybe even better. This guy knows about the Ashton method and everything and he's just a normal MD, it blows my mind. He had me do 1.5mg kl, 10mg valium, then 1mg 20mg valium and so on until I got to 40mg valium. This was over the first 2-3 months. Now it's time to slowly cut down and he's got a plan for like 2mg every week to two weeks and said I can stay steady if I'm having too many withdrawal issues. I've been looking for a doctor like this for idk how long. I'm sure you all have gotten the doctor that's just like cut your dose by a quarter every week to two and be off in a month and that works for like 1/100 people. Anyways, aside from personal stress, mentally, I've been good.

I suppose if I was going to ask a question here... How much should I cut on valium every two weeks? So far I've been feeling that I could probably cut 10mg the first cut, but I know all about the ups and downs and I don't want to ruin things. How much would you cut?

You didn't say what times of day You're taking the meds and no disrespect but the Buspar might have a affects on the "minor" W/D effects your "not experiencing"? Until your completely OFF the Buspar, please Update. Good Luck and great to hear positive outcomes.

RileyBones

• 10 months later...
Down to 10mg of valium. A lot of personal things in my life that have held me at 10mg for 4-5 months, but it seems time to kick it back into gear. Something I definitely need to give up that isn't helping is drinking every weekend.

Down to 10mg of valium. A lot of personal things in my life that have held me at 10mg for 4-5 months, but it seems time to kick it back into gear. Something I definitely need to give up that isn't helping is drinking every weekend.

I agree with the drinking issue. Alcohol targets the same receptors as benzos so drinking is not advised while tapering and recovery. 

You held for a while, that's understandable when life gets complicated and stressful. Hopefully you are in a better place to resume your taper. I wish you the best.

pianogirl  :smitten:

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with the drinking issue. Alcohol targets the same receptors as benzos so drinking is not advised while tapering and recovery. 

You held for a while, that's understandable when life gets complicated and stressful. Hopefully you are in a better place to resume your taper. I wish you the best.

pianogirl  :smitten:

Well I've had to slow down on the drinking because my new semester started, but I still haven't made a cut in valium. This whole Weaning process is taking way too long. I continue to worry that the anxiety wont go away when I finally get off the medication.

Well I've had to slow down on the drinking

Mentally, just a thought but if it were me, I'd give the drinking a rest. Pianogirl explained about alcohol hitting the same receptors as benzos. Healing is going to continue to be difficult if you keep drinking.

Hope you give this some thought.

My best to you.

:smitten:

Katz

• 2 weeks later...

I agree completely. I've read all about benzos and alcohol. Some days I just want to feel normal and drink with family/friends. I know it's slowing down my weaning process, but what's another few months when I've been on it for 7-8 years.

On that note, I haven't had a drink in a few weeks, but it's not because I've quit. I just haven't had any reason to. :)

I do appreciate everyone's help and advice!