Need taper plan for Xanax please

[ty...]

Hi, I just ordered a 100 ml cylinder from amazon.com, I want to start a liquid taper from Xanax. I am currently taking .75 mg per night for sleep. I dry cut down from 1 mg without too many problems but feel the titration will probably be a better option for the rest of the way. I only take it at night for sleep, I started after a 4 month bout with bad anxiety induced insomnia. It was the only thing that let me consistently sleep every night. I know I need to get off it though before it's too late. Thank you for any help you can give me.

Actually reading the other posts I think all I have to do is crush up my .75 mg and add it to the cylinder with 100 ml milk or water, stir it up and remove 1ml per day for a 10 % reduction every 10 days. Is that right? I want to go as slow as possible to try to still be able to work and function throughout the taper. Thanks for any input.

Thank you sundazed, I actually watched that video yesterday. It made the process pretty clear. I just want to do the right thing so I can still be present for my husband who needs me.

How do I contact Colin to see if I am planning the taper correctly? Are we just supposed to post it here or message him or is there another place we are supposed to put it?

OK, here goes,

Start date:  I am thinking of starting next weekend which for me would be June 23.

Number of pills:

[Right now 1/2 of 1mg and 1/2 of .05 mg to make .75 mg.

I am going to see the doctor Friday and ask him if I can have a script for enough .25 and .05 pills to make it through my taper though, as this will be easier and more accurate than trying to cut them.

Taper Rate:

I am thinking 1ml per day.

Cylinder details:

I ordered a 100ml cylinder with 1 ml increments.

I am putting this in a couple of places as I am not exactly sure where I should post. Thank you so much for your help.

Hi,

Colin is able to draw up a formal schedule if you need one, but it appears you already have a pretty good handle on a taper plan, so you may not need a formal schedule.

I will just make a couple suggestions here that may be helpful, and if you still need a formal plan, no problem, we can get you one. :)

I ended up starting the titration part of my taper..using a 100ml cylander....and i took out 1ml every other day....this ended up being a 3 and a half percent reduction weekly from my daily dose...I held at the same dose when things got a little shaky...did not go back up in dosage..then when things settled I continued onward with the taper...

I never really had a formal schedule..I just listened to my body..and tapered accordingly....

Based on the info you provided..I believe your plan is very solid....if you are going to reduce 1ml a day...you would complete your taper in 100 days.....that is pretty conservative.....although as Colin might say, "your mileage may vary"....I think the important thing to remember is...a taper plan should always remain flexible..it is not written in stone.....and sometimes we have to adjust on the fly....if we get a flare in symptoms...or a life circumstance warrants we slow down...my advice would be...for most people..a slower taper generally ends up with better results...and less symptoms....as you taper to zero.....

I hope this helped a bit...if you do need more information...please continuet post...any questions you may have.....

TC

Thanks TC, I think I have a handle on doing this. I got my cylinder in the mail today I just need to go to Walgreens or CVS or something to get the other stuff. I just need a syringe, and a baby dropper I think. I have a mortar and pestle, it's a large one but it should work to crush the pills. I am going to read over the instructions again and watch that you tube video again to make sure I know what I am doing. I also got the scripts I need from my doc and he said if I need more to just call. Thanks for your support and suggestions, they are much appreciated. I can't wait to get my old self back, I miss her.