Crossing from Ativan to valium. Single dose

[el...]

Which is the best way to substitute 2.5 Ativan with Valium. I take a single dose, don't want to divide it in 2 or 3 doses. How can I do this. I start taking 10 mg valium along with 2.5 mg Ativan last night. Which steps should I follow?? 👀

[12...]

In another post you said you were taking 5mg Ativan and then 2.5mg along with 20-30mg Valium.

In order to help I need to know exactly what benzos you're on, how much you take and when.

Also, since you've made many changes, it would be helpful to know the last one.

OK. I've done many changes in order to get through this tapering thing in a quick way... I'm on 2.5 Ativan single dose at night for my insomnia. Last night I took also 10 mg valium to start the switching to diazepam.

2.5mg Ativan according to the Ashton method is about 50mg of valium. I would just substitute half of a pill of Ativan for 10mg of valium every week until you are fully switched over. That's what I did anyway. I went from 2MG of KL to 40mg of valium in about a month and so far I believe I sleep better or at least the valium seems to last longer.

On a side note, I do take 15mg buspar in the morning and 15mg of the same at night. I plan to take this throughout my taper.

2.5mg Ativan according to the Ashton method is about 50mg of valium. I would just substitute half of a pill of Ativan for 10mg of valium every week until you are fully switched over. That's what I did anyway. I went from 2MG of KL to 40mg of valium in about a month and so far I believe I sleep better or at least the valium seems to last longer.

On a side note, I do take 15mg buspar in the morning and 15mg of the same at night. I plan to take this throughout my taper.

This buspar med does it help with sleep? I took it once and was sneezing throughout the night...  :-[

• 1 month later...
If 1MG of KLonopin is equivalent to 20mg of valium and 1mg of Ativan is equivalent to 1mg of Klonopin, then why would 2.5mg Ativan not be 50mg valium? Either way, I've been switched from Xanax, to Ativan, to Klonopin, and now to Valium and I went from 2mg of KL to 40mg of valium over a month of slowly swapping over. Like 10mg val in the morning and 1.5mg kl at night and so on over the length of a month of slowly changing to valium. I hope this helps.

This buspar med does it help with sleep? I took it once and was sneezing throughout the night...  :-[

As for the Buspar question, I have no idea if it helps or not since I started it the same time I started valium. I know it makes me dizzy for 1-2 hours every time I take it, but I also have hardly any anxiety during the day now, so it's either all valium or the Buspar is actually helping. Who knows :D

[12...]

If 1MG of KLonopin is equivalent to 20mg of valium and 1mg of Ativan is equivalent to 1mg of Klonopin, then why would 2.5mg Ativan not be 50mg valium?

Because 1mg Ativan = .5mg Klonopin.

As for the Buspar question, I have no idea if it helps or not since I started it the same time I started valium. I know it makes me dizzy for 1-2 hours every time I take it, but I also have hardly any anxiety during the day now, so it's either all valium or the Buspar is actually helping. Who knows :D

maybe I'lll try Buspar and see what happens

If 1MG of KLonopin is equivalent to 20mg of valium and 1mg of Ativan is equivalent to 1mg of Klonopin, then why would 2.5mg Ativan not be 50mg valium? Either way, I've been switched from Xanax, to Ativan, to Klonopin, and now to Valium and I went from 2mg of KL to 40mg of valium over a month of slowly swapping over. Like 10mg val in the morning and 1.5mg kl at night and so on over the length of a month of slowly changing to valium. I hope this helps.

1 mg of Klonopin is 0.5 of Ativan

Well I found Ativan to be much more stronger than valium that's why I found it so difficult to crossover to valium.Ativan is more hypnotic whereas diazepam (valium) is more muscle relaxant.

1 mg of Klonopin is 0.5 of Ativan

No, 1mg Klonopin = 2mg Ativan.

never was on Klonopin....I have no idea ..thanks for the input

I crossed from 1 and 1/2 mgs of Adivan to 30 mgs of Valium.  Weaning 2 mgs a week, every week till Stage 12.  Stage 13, I hit the wall.  It was hard, so, of course, I searched Internet for any help.  Tried many things, some worked, some made me worse.  However, I went on the Ketogenic Diet with Intermittent Fasting and that helped me a lot.  Didn't remove the feelings, but took a lot of the edge off.  I kept in mind that Professor Ashton said to keep going forward never backward.  So either stay in that week or move forward when you feel up to it, which is what I did and am doing.  I started at the end of July 30 mgs and now in October 16, I am at 13 mgs.  I also found Lemon Balm tea & capsules.  They are mild but they help a lot.  I drink a lot of Holy Basil Teas and Lemon Balm tea, and Chamomile & Skullcap tea.  They help.  Especially in the morning.  I also use MCT Oil in my tea with Grass Fed Butter, (KeriGold) whipped up, reheat and use Stevia in it.  Tastes good, takes hunger away.  Helps calm me.  Got to do MCT oil tiny amounts for weeks otherwise you get the runs.  The Ketones heal the brain and the gut.  So while you are weaning, you are healing, that's my point.  You don't FEEL like it, but you are healing.

BTW, I just turned 70.  Yeah, soooo If I can do it, YOU CAN DO IT!  Don't you give up, you are precious in God's Sight.  Yes, I'd like it if He would take it away IMMEDIATELY, but we have to TRUST THE LORD ALWAYS.  Proverbs 3:5.  Trust in the Lord with all thine heart and Lean NOT onto your own Understanding, In all your ways acknowledge HIM and HE will make your Paths Straight.  I prayed and He showed me what to do, led me where to find what I needed, and still is doing so.  Keep praying, Don't you Give up!  You are HIS CHILDREN, precious to Him.  He wants you healed.  Look up everything on Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Mindfulness, EFT's, etc.  Ketogenic Diet, Intermittent fasting..........look it all up.  Get off all Sugars and pastas........they are poison. Organic meats and foods are best.  Organic sweet leaf salads, etc.  Drink lots of water too, but not when you eat.  Make sure you get enough Potassium (4,700 mgs) a day, Magnesium at night (CALM), Lemon in Braggs Vinegar and pink salt to keep up electrolytes with Fresh Lemon daily.  Niacin (B3) also helps.......look it up, calms you.  Wish you all the very best.

I crossed from 1 and 1/2 mgs of Adivan to 30 mgs of Valium.  Weaning 2 mgs a week, every week till Stage 12.  Stage 13, I hit the wall.  It was hard, so, of course, I searched Internet for any help.  Tried many things, some worked, some made me worse.  However, I went on the Ketogenic Diet with Intermittent Fasting and that helped me a lot.  Didn't remove the feelings, but took a lot of the edge off.  I kept in mind that Professor Ashton said to keep going forward never backward.  So either stay in that week or move forward when you feel up to it, which is what I did and am doing.  I started at the end of July 30 mgs and now in October 16, I am at 13 mgs.  I also found Lemon Balm tea & capsules.  They are mild but they help a lot.  I drink a lot of Holy Basil Teas and Lemon Balm tea, and Chamomile & Skullcap tea.  They help.  Especially in the morning.  I also use MCT Oil in my tea with Grass Fed Butter, (KeriGold) whipped up, reheat and use Stevia in it.  Tastes good, takes hunger away.  Helps calm me.  Got to do MCT oil tiny amounts for weeks otherwise you get the runs.  The Ketones heal the brain and the gut.  So while you are weaning, you are healing, that's my point.  You don't FEEL like it, but you are healing.

BTW, I just turned 70.  Yeah, soooo If I can do it, YOU CAN DO IT!  Don't you give up, you are precious in God's Sight.  Yes, I'd like it if He would take it away IMMEDIATELY, but we have to TRUST THE LORD ALWAYS.  Proverbs 3:5.  Trust in the Lord with all thine heart and Lean NOT onto your own Understanding, In all your ways acknowledge HIM and HE will make your Paths Straight.  I prayed and He showed me what to do, led me where to find what I needed, and still is doing so.  Keep praying, Don't you Give up!  You are HIS CHILDREN, precious to Him.  He wants you healed.  Look up everything on Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Mindfulness, EFT's, etc.  Ketogenic Diet, Intermittent fasting..........look it all up.  Get off all Sugars and pastas........they are poison. Organic meats and foods are best.  Organic sweet leaf salads, etc.  Drink lots of water too, but not when you eat.  Make sure you get enough Potassium (4,700 mgs) a day, Magnesium at night (CALM), Lemon in Braggs Vinegar and pink salt to keep up electrolytes with Fresh Lemon daily.  Niacin (B3) also helps.......look it up, calms you.  Wish you all the very best.

Thank you so much for your precious answer!  I take magnesium L-threonate . Is that calming ? I'm struggling so much to make it on valium but with Ativan things gets so torturous... I also take L theianine but see no difference .

I tried ONE PILL of BUSPAR and my throat swelled shut.  Had to go to ER.  Do the ASHTON Method on tapering.  IT WORKS!  Professor Heather Ashton from the UK.  It's the best way.  Use Herbal teas to calm yourself, it helps.  Also Lemon Balm comes in tea and capsules.  Niacin helps with sleep, but it gives you a red flush that lasts about an hour or less.  Best to take that in low doses till you get used to it.  And drink a lot of water.  Beet Juice will keep your liver cleansed, it will cleanse it from toxins from that drugs.  Drink Lemon water too and get off ALL refined foods. Go on the Ketogenic Diet Plan with Intermittent Fasting.  Look it up on YOUTUBE.  It really balances out your body and heals it all over.  I'm still on the Ashton Method, over half way now and this is working for me.  It's worth it!!

I do Ashton manual step by step

Cut off 0.5ativan and add 5 mg Valium . Feel like acute withdrawal. Can't sleep , anxiety  hits the roof ...Can't deal with this any more ...

Ashton manual tells you how to do it.  READ IT.  I printed it out for Adivan to Valium and took it to my doctor and he read it, then he put me on it.  THANK GOD!

Ashton manual tells you how to do it.  READ IT.  I printed it out for Adivan to Valium and took it to my doctor and he read it, then he put me on it.  THANK GOD!

I did...thank you