0.5 mg Klonopin Titration w/ Propylene Glycol

[sp...]

Hi all,

After attempting a dry-cut taper I failed miserably, jumping to 0.25 mg way too fast and up-dosing again to 0.5mg. I'm currently dry-cutting at 0.4 mg, taking the weight of each pill of a jeweler scale and reducing each pill's weight by 10% using sandpaper. From everything I've read, I know liquid titration is an easier and more efficient way of tapering, but I am confused as to how to get started.

I was thinking about buying Propylene Glycol off of Amazon so I could create a solvent rather than a suspension. How much propylene glycol would be recommended to use for a 0.5mg pill? Also, how much water should I use after making the solution? If someone could break this down in an easy way that I could follow it would help a lot.

You need 2mls PG for each mg K.  If you then dilute with 8 ml water, you have a solution with .1mg per ml.  This makes calculations and conversion from mg to ml very simple.  For example, .4mg would be 4ml.

My system:

1) Create a daily dose schedule based on the taper rate you want to do.

2) Make a 10-14 day supply of liquid, and just draw out and drink the scheduled dose each day.

Example:

Combine 5mg K  with 10ml PG and add 40 ml water.  This will be approx a 12-14 day supply, .1mg per ml

If you lower your dose by .002mg per day (approx 8%/2 weeks), you daily dose schedule would be:

.4mg          4ml

.398mg      3.98ml

.396mg      3.96ml

.394mg      3.94ml

.392mg      3.92ml

etc...

• 2 months later...
Just wanted to say thank you again. I'm now at 0.1 mg with this titration method. I will most likely be walking off in 2 and a half weeks or so. Would recommend this to anyone finding difficulty in tapering off of clonazepam. Dry cutting just did not work for me the past 3 times.

Just wanted to say thank you again. I'm now at 0.1 mg with this titration method. I will most likely be walking off in 2 and a half weeks or so. Would recommend this to anyone finding difficulty in tapering off of clonazepam. Dry cutting just did not work for me the past 3 times.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I have tried a few times, to grasp the concept of this way of tapering Klonopin, but I fail to

understand how to do it,  I can't grasp it( the math and the .1 ml's seem very hard to work with?

, so I'm doing my crude milk taper instead, but I'm not sure I'm doing that right either, but I've

managed to get almost 50% down ( should be Dec 5th) via this method, but I'd like to know more

about how this works,  if someone can do the math for me, tell me exactly what to get, and maybe

some pics of how to do it, that would be awesome, anyway I'll soon be on 0.750 mgs of K,  0.250

3 times daily, ( from my original 1.5 mg's  so half)  currently trying to go down at 4% every 2 weeks

Thanks,  ( maybe I can do this) I just need more assistance with the Propylene Glycol method , !!

I have tried a few times, to grasp the concept of this way of tapering Klonopin, but I fail to

understand how to do it,  I can't grasp it( the math and the .1 ml's seem very hard to work with?

, so I'm doing my crude milk taper instead, but I'm not sure I'm doing that right either, but I've

managed to get almost 50% down ( should be Dec 5th) via this method, but I'd like to know more

about how this works,  if someone can do the math for me, tell me exactly what to get, and maybe

some pics of how to do it, that would be awesome, anyway I'll soon be on 0.750 mgs of K,  0.250

3 times daily, ( from my original 1.5 mg's  so half)  currently trying to go down at 4% every 2 weeks

Thanks,  ( maybe I can do this) I just need more assistance with the Propylene Glycol method , !!

Combine 7.5mgs K + 15mls PG + 60ml water.  You will have  75mls liquid K, .1mg in each ml.  This will be approx a 10-12 day supply.

.75mg X 4% = .03mgs

.03mg/14 days = .002mg  per day cut rate.

Since your liquid (from above) is .1mg per ml, your daily schedule will be:

.75mg                  7.5ml

.748mg                7.48ml

.746mg                7.46ml

.744mg                7.44ml

etc....

Just reduce your dose by .02ml (.002mg) each day.

Once you drawn out the daily liquid dose, you can divide it into multiple sub-doses.

what kind/size of oral syringe will pull that tiny amount of liquid?  what is it stored in, a jar?

and the 3 dose thing would work like this?  I'd still need to see a visual of this being prepared,

to comprehend it better, it seems mysterious to me still 

what kind/size of oral syringe will pull that tiny amount of liquid?  what is it stored in, a jar?

and the 3 dose thing would work like this?  I'd still need to see a visual of this being prepared,

to comprehend it better, it seems mysterious to me still

A 1ml syringe will either have 100 graduations (.01ml) or 50 graduations (.02ml)  With the 50 graduations, .01 is between the lines.

Yes, a plain glass jar, with a lid.

You really don't need a "visual", your just going to combine 3 ingredients.  It's like adding milk and sugar to your morning coffee.  Put the recommended amount of PG in the jar, drop in the tablet(s), and add the water.

• 1 month later...

Hi Builder and other buddies,

Not sure if you are still checking this thread but I'm going to attempt liquid titration based on your instructions.  I'm currently alternating between .125mg and .25mg of Klonopin every other day in an attempt to taper down to .125mg.  I have .5mg tablets and I can only break them into quarters.  I tend to feel depressed every other day currently due to the unevenness of this method and would prefer to take a consistent dose. Would you be able to check my work?

What I'll be putting in the solution:

5 (.5mg) tablets for total of 2.5mg Klonopin

5ml Propylene Glycol 

245ml water to create 250ml of liquid total

I'll add the tablets to the jar and then add the PG.  Followed by the water.  Any need to stir or mix?  This being a solution, I'm 98% sure the answer is no.  I've ordered 1ml and 10ml dosing syringes so that I'll be able to extract out the desired amount of around .18mg daily to start with.  Thanks for all of your help!

Probably no necessary to stir/mix, but hey, why not?  I always did.  It certainly won't cause any problems, and mighty actually make you feel more confidant.

Your prep ratios and procedure is all OK.

Great, thanks for the response.  The suggestions for dosing and the PG solution were very helpful.  I wouldn't have come up with that myself.  I created two jars of liquid however I'm somewhat miffed about the fact that about half of the Clonazepam appears to be siting as "dust" collecting on the bottom of the jar.  It doesn't appear to be totally dissolved.  Did that occur for you as well?  If so maybe I just have to shake up the jar before extracting some of it.