I need HELP with a schedule for Librium

[23...]

[23...]

I am taking 50 mgs. of Librium which equals 1 mg. of Klonopin.  Thought doc was going to help but switched me to Librium.  L comes in only capsule form.  I have the right cylinder.  I have been off Klonopin for over 3 months and GLAD of of it, although I know the w/d will still be the same.  I have been holding at 1 mg for quite a while now only it's Librium now. I told doc I was white knuckling it so he gave me more.  He wants me to take it, so he gave me more with refills.  At first he just gave me 50 mgs with no refills which would cost more money.  So I will have enough I would think.  I don't know the math, can't do the math, I'm all messed up, can't do much of anything.  I just know I don't want to do this at 10 percent.  At least 7, but I don't know how to do this.  Please help me.  Yes, it does help with my severe anxiety, but I can't stand the emotional numbness and all the rest of the symptoms. 

Thanks,

Mamie

Hi Mamie,

If you wish someone to make a schedule for you, you'll need to provide answers to the following questions. 

Start date: when you would like your titration to start.

Dose: the dose you anticipate you be taking at the start date (in mgs).

Tablet dose: the dose of your individual tablets.

Number of tablets: the total number (and/or fractions) of tablets you take per day. Examples: 2 tabs; 2.5 tabs; 0.75 tabs. These are the number of tablets (not doses), and the tablets used must be of the same dosage (strength).

Taper rate: if you are unsure, ask for the input of others. The majority of people probably titrate at a rate of about 10% of their dose every 7-14 days. If you are unsure of where to start, and unless you have good reason to think you need a particularly slow taper, 1% per day is probably a good starting point. The taper plan can be altered later if need be.

Cylinder details: I will need to know the size of the cylinder you are using (100ml is recommended). I will also need to know that size of the marked increments. Just make sure that there enough increments for the given cylinder to ensure that the pill can be divided into small fractions (100ml cylinder with 1ml increments is always fine; 100ml with 2-5 increments is probably fine; 50ml with 5ml increments is not very useful). If you are using very large dose pills (for your given benzo), such as 10mg Valium or 2mg Xanax, you will absolutely need lots of increments. This usually means a 100ml cylinder with 1ml increments.

[23...]

start.  tomorrow

50 mgs.  Which equals 1 mg. of Klonopin.  It is better for me to take my dose all at once. 

Individual tablets. are 25 mgs. I take two.

Number of tablets 2

I have the 100 ml with 1 ml. increments

I have capsules so no need for crushing, I would think. 

Did I get all that right?

I just need a syringe.  what kind?

Thanks.....

Hi Mamie,

If you wish someone to make a schedule for you, you'll need to provide answers to the following questions. 

Start date: when you would like your titration to start.

Dose: the dose you anticipate you be taking at the start date (in mgs).

Tablet dose: the dose of your individual tablets.

Number of tablets: the total number (and/or fractions) of tablets you take per day. Examples: 2 tabs; 2.5 tabs; 0.75 tabs. These are the number of tablets (not doses), and the tablets used must be of the same dosage (strength).

Taper rate: if you are unsure, ask for the input of others. The majority of people probably titrate at a rate of about 10% of their dose every 7-14 days. If you are unsure of where to start, and unless you have good reason to think you need a particularly slow taper, 1% per day is probably a good starting point. The taper plan can be altered later if need be.

Cylinder details: I will need to know the size of the cylinder you are using (100ml is recommended). I will also need to know that size of the marked increments. Just make sure that there enough increments for the given cylinder to ensure that the pill can be divided into small fractions (100ml cylinder with 1ml increments is always fine; 100ml with 2-5 increments is probably fine; 50ml with 5ml increments is not very useful). If you are using very large dose pills (for your given benzo), such as 10mg Valium or 2mg Xanax, you will absolutely need lots of increments. This usually means a 100ml cylinder with 1ml increments.

[23...]

Oh and I don't know about the percentages.  I just know I need to keep it under 10 due to my other health problems.  I dont know how all that works.  removing 1 ml will always keep that under ten percent?

thanks again.

Mamie

Oh and I don't know about the percentages.  I just know I need to keep it under 10 due to my other health problems.  I dont know how all that works.  removing 1 ml will always keep that under ten percent?

thanks again.

Mamie

Mamie -

When you start at 100ml, removing 1ml each day from 100ml for 10 days would result in a 10% reduction.  As far as the syringe goes, many members report just getting one at the drug store from the pharacist.  You don't need an oral syringe because you will be throwing away the liquid you withdraw in the syringe.

Obviously, Colin can't create a schedule for you to start today and you don't have a syringe anyway so how about picking another start date?  Also, you will need to chose a taper rate.  That is not something Colin will decide for you.  You can always slow it down or speed it up later if you want to.

Hope that helps.

[23...]

I don't want to do a 10 percent reduction, so how do I go about finding out about that.  I dont know about choosing a taper rate.  I"m sorry.  Just know under 10 percent. Sorry, if I don't understand.  So I hold that reduction for 10 days removing 1 ml for ten days, and start over and remove 2 mls for 10 days, and that would still be 10 percent?  Im sorry if Im confused. 

How do you not go above 10 percent?  thank you.

Mamie

I don't want to do a 10 percent reduction, so how do I go about finding out about that.  I dont know about choosing a taper rate.  I"m sorry.  Just know under 10 percent. Sorry, if I don't understand.  So I hold that reduction for 10 days removing 1 ml for ten days, and start over and remove 2 mls for 10 days, and that would still be 10 percent?   Im sorry if Im confused. 

How do you not go above 10 percent?  thank you.

Mamie

What percent do you want to do over what period of time, Mamie?  Do you want 5% over 10 days? 10% over 30 days?  You get to pick what you want and Colin will create a schedule to tell you how much to remove on what days.    But you will have to pick a rate (as well as a new start date).  As I said earlier, you can slow down - or speed up - any time you want while titrating but you have to start somewhere.

And just so you know, eventually ALL tapers are greater than 10 %; it's just the way the math works out.  As an example, when you get down to just 2ml, the next time you make a reduction you will be at 1ml; at that point you will be making a 50% cut!  There's now way to avoid it and no reason to fear it.  Even the 10% taper rate is just a starting point for most people.  I only had two times in my entire taper when I tapered exactly 10% over a 2 week period.  Try not to get hung up on the percentages; they become pretty meaningless after a while.

[23...]

OH MY.  Why can't i get this.  OK> is a ten percent taper good enough?  If I put my meds in and remove 1 ml am I supposed to hold that for 10 days.  And then removanother ml. and hold that for ten days?  Geeze you must think I"m stupid.  OR do I remove 1 ml everyday?  99 , 98, etc.  that would take me 100 days.  Is that right.

Thanks for being patient. 

Mamie

Hi,

Since you take two 25mg tablets (50mg per day), you probably should titrate just one of your daily tablets at a time.

First of all, decide upon how long you would like to take to taper off 50mg Librum (equivalent to about 20mg Valium). I would suggest that you think about doing this over about 100 days, but if you wish to go more slowly, you might look at tapering off over 200 days.

100 days would look like this: each day, make up 100ml of liquid with one 25mg tablet and reduce the amount you drink of this liquid by 2ml each day. So, day1, you would drink 98ml; day2, 96ml; day3, 94ml; and so on. Each day, you will make up 100ml, but reduce the amount you drink by a further 2ml. And, of course, you will be taking an additional 25mg tablet each day.

When you reach zero ml, you will begin to titrate your second pill, again reducing the amount you drink from the 100ml by 2ml per day. The whole process (tapering off both pills) will take 100 days.

If, instead, you wish to taper off the 50mg over 200 days, then follow exactly the same procedure, but reduce the amount you drink from the 100ml by just 1ml per day. It will take you 100 days to taper off each of the two pills (200 days in total).

I hope this helps.

[23...]

Can I take my 50 all at once which I prefer and then just follow what you said?  Would that work as well?  And then when I get to O ml, take the 25 and repeat???

Thank you very much.

Mamie

[23...]

This post is not right either.  OMG.  You are saying water titrate 25 mgs. and take the other 25 mg. pill. 

Then when I get through with the first water titrate, start water with the second 25 mgs. 

If I don't have this right by now, just shoot me.  :idiot:

Hi,

Yes, that's right. Titrate one of your two tablets, and when you complete titrating (tapering) the first tablet (so that you are on just one tablet per day), titrate your remaining tablet.

If you prefer to take your daily dose in one go, that's fine. Take your titrated pill and the whole pill at the same time if that is what works for you.