QUESTION ABOUT Hydroxyzine

[co...]

HELLO EVERYONE MY THING IS I WAS GIVEN Hydroxyzine FOR A ALLERGIC REACTION TO WH0 KNOWS WHAT ALL I KNOW IS I WOKE UP ON TUESDAY MORNING WITH A SWOLLEN FACE AND THE DOCTOR GIVE ME THIS DRUG I TOOK IT I HALF OF A 25MG TABLET ON WEDNESDAY NIGHT BEFORE I WENT TO BED AND THAT IS ALL I TOOK, AND THIS MORNING I WOKE UP IN A STATE OF PANIC AND NUMBNESS AND WEAKNESS AND CHEST TIGHTNESS.COULD THIS DRUG AFFECTED ME IN THIS WAY. I AM SO TIRED OF ALL OF THIS CRAP.I AM STILL HAVING ALOT OF PROBLEMS AND I HAVE BEEN OFF THE ATIVAN IT WILL BE 2 YEARS THIS SEPTEMBER IS IT POSSIABLE TO BE STILL HAVING WITHDRAWL STUFF. I STILL HAVE PAIN AND WEAKNESS AND STOMACH STUFF TIGHTNESS IN MY CHEST AND SHORTNESS OF BREATH THIS IS NOT EVERY DAY BUT IT IS SOMETHING FROM ONE DAY TO THE NEXT WITH SOME BREAKS IN BETWEEN. JUST WANT YOUR ALLS THOUGHTS PLEASE. HAVE A BLESSED NIGHT.

LOVE AND HUGS

SHERRY  :smitten:

I think you are having anxiety from the allergic reaction. Anaphylactic reaction, I take it..?  It's possible that it affected your CNS in a way that caused this anxiety and panic state.

Hi, Sherry.  :therethere:

I have had bad allergic reactions, too, and they are terrifying.  I'm pretty sure it isn't the antihistamine causing your current symptoms. I really don't think you are having w/d symptoms after 2 years off ativan.  Sometimes I have to remind myself that I had bouts of unpleasant or scary sensations - including the feeling of not being able to breathe - long before I ever took the first benzo.  I hope you are feeling better by the time you read this message.  :)

:) THANKS BEEPER FOR COMING BY WITH ADVICE AND ENCOURAGING WORDS YOU ARE A BLESSING. I PRAY YOU ARE WELL AND HEALTHY NOW AND YOUR ENJOYING FREEDOM. HAVE A BLESSED DAY.

LOVE AND HUGS

SHERRY  :smitten: