Lithium

[e3...]

[e3...]

Due to many med changes over the last 2 years and a V c/t I've been suffering bad depression continually. Raising my Mirtazapine in May from 15mg to 30mg then 45mg gave me a few weeks of normality and then pooped out. At 45mg it was also causing insomnia so my shrink is having me reduce in two 10 day steps back down to 30mg in the hope my sleep recovers.

He is then proposing to add Lithium to help with my depression. Has anyone had any experience of this med good or bad when on a benzo or withdrawing?

Cheers

Staz

• 1 month later...
I was on it for a while.  Made me quite out of it at first so I took less.  It also affected my kidneys so I quit taking it.  Not sure if it helped with depression but I'm not sure if I was depressed or more anxious.

I was on it for a while.  Made me quite out of it at first so I took less.  It also affected my kidneys so I quit taking it.  Not sure if it helped with depression but I'm not sure if I was depressed or more anxious.

Thanks for the information. I'd hoped it would help my anxiety and depression but can find very little in the way of reviews of it helping with benzo w/d.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there,

They (professionals) have pushed lithium or depakote at me for years, for me it's a big noway. Flicka said it, lithium blows out your kineys, depakote blows out your liver. That's from reading about the meds from the warnings given to prescribers.

Peace,

Eutychus