slower than 100 day taper

[le...]

I've started the liquid titration plan last Saturday using the 100 day plan. A couple of days into it I realized that I am going to have to take this slower than 100 days.  I'm thinking I need to try staying at the same dose for 2 days before I cut. Has anyone had to take it slower than 1ml every day? What was your plan? What worked best for you?

I did 30% in 38 days and I held a few times a day or two, I think since ativan has a short life in the body you are going to know in a couple days  how you can handle the cuts... I am now holding at 30% .070mg and will stick with the goal of 20% reductions each month. When I get to 50% I am going to hold for at least 2 weeks so I can travel. Still going to take it day by day because I might have to go slower, I never thought I could do this in 100 days.

when I first started doing this I felt great after every cut I actually never had to hold because of sx it was only at the 30% that I said to myself take it slower so I don't hit a wall. I read some posters saying they wished they cut quicker in the beginning and then slowed it down after 50% but everyone is different, with the ativan you are going to know soon after the cut how you are feeling, it's not like K or V.

Hi,

I am nearing the end of a slower taper...my taper took over 200 days....I generally tossed 3ml of my 100 ml mixture every week...basically I tossed 1ml every other day...then held on the weekends...this has worked well for me...some consider this a very slow taper.....but fast or slow is all relative..the important thing is to listen to your body as you taper....it may take a little experimenting with reductions to find the "sweet spot" in your taper....but there will be a point where you "know" at what rate is the right rate for you...

TC

I am at the end of a taper and I think you need to do what ever works for you.  I cut 10% every 10 days, then I started cutting 5% every 5 days.  I would cut to say 27mg hold for 5 days then 25.5 for 5 days.  It worked better for me than to constantly drop 1% a day.  Toward the middle I refigured the amount to drop every week.  But don't freak out, if you need 150 days or 180 do what you need to do.  I was terrified I would run out of drugs, I have a lot left over, but when I was highly dependent, I was over concerned with the amount I had.  Good luck to you. 

Hi,

I am nearing the end of a slower taper...my taper took over 200 days....I generally tossed 3ml of my 100 ml mixture every week...basically I tossed 1ml every other day...then held on the weekends...this has worked well for me...some consider this a very slow taper.....but fast or slow is all relative..the important thing is to listen to your body as you taper....it may take a little experimenting with reductions to find the "sweet spot" in your taper....but there will be a point where you "know" at what rate is the right rate for you...

TC

from what I have learned on this forum I too would have went 1ml every other day with K , that's a no brainer.

Sundazed,

It was for me too.....but most people think that is way "too slow" of a taper...I even got dubbed the "turtle taperer"....at the time...I may have been the slowest taperer on here...since then...alot of people have adopted that route too.....with alot of success....but some people go way faster than that..I knew I wouldn't be able to handle a quicker taper...so I just went slow as molasses..and I think it worked out well...so far...:)

TC

• Popular Now

• [Lo...]