Please females read- HELP with hormones!!!!!

[ca...]

Quote from an online source bulletproof.com ‘The dose: You’ll want 2000 mcg/day of K1 and K2, at least 100 of which is MK-7. The rest should be MK-4. You can find good sources of vitamin K and other key vitamins and minerals in this article.’ and I have other articles that state K1 is the vitamin given to newborns to help clot their blood and also that the k1 is stored in liver while K2 roams the body going where it needs to go once it is converted from K1.  Im assuming some people have an issue converting to k2 so both is taken.  I’m taking 400mcg and it has only slowed my bleeding by half.  I think this bleeding I have is very rare and no one gets the magnitude of it.  Just imagine u wearing a Depends diaper and having that fill up in an hour or two.  Im not talking just the crotch of the diaper.  Im saying fully back to front.  This has been a deathly situation.  I just started a multivitamin but have to add everything slowly since the birth control use before sensitized my brain symptoms.

I do not think that bulletproof.com is a reliable source, I prefer real studies.

But I still do not understand why do you treat yourself in order to get your blood thinner? Do you have a vesticular disease?

When it comes to vitamins and minerals you really have to be careful. I once tried 200 mcg of K2 and nearly bleeded a hole month. It's powerful.

Most studies do not look on women! Women do bleed.

Therefore I ask again:

- Do you have a desease / condition which requires to take Vitamin K as a blood thinner, yes or no???

- Which other supplements or meds do you take because the combination can make the effect worse

Oh I have the actual studies too, just dont hv time to rummage through my bookmarks at the moment. Sorry I just realized this post doesnt have my story.  This bleeding started after my naturopath gave me glutathione for a month. I noticed it delayed my period and caused an inflamed neck so i decided to stop. Once i stopped and period came in 2 days, all hell broke loose.  I couldnt stuff my blood back in me fast enough. I bled so much and had huge whole pieces come out of me like a smooth cow liver cause i was bleeding so much so quickly.  And this continued for straight 4 months near death till my mom dragged me into an acupuncture place.  All hospitals/docs/gynos were no help and tried to overdose me on birth control and tranexamic acid. Nothing worked.  They all looked at me weird when i went for follow up and told them acupuncture finally stopped it.  Only problem is..acupuncture did not fix what i have become depleted of by that supplement glutathione.  It did something to my liver and full body. I bleed out during these 7 days of month which is still not good enough as i am getting more anemic and no iron pill or liver is building back fast enough.  So this is first time ive seen improvement with the vitamin k.  Im sure dose will have to tweaked up or down soon but improvement is a good sign that im on the right path. 

But i’m confused when you say blood thinning.  I believe vitamin K clots not thins.  Did u mean clot? And no I do not have a vesticular disease. Regular heavy periods started after i withdrew from meds, so i know it is connected to the breakdown it did to the body.  Periods were improving in 2018 till that glutathione supplement.

Therefore I ask again:

- Do you have a desease / condition which requires to take Vitamin K as a blood thinner, yes or no???

- Which other supplements or meds do you take because the combination can make the effect worse

Castillo, sorry, I still do not understand the reason you need to take Vitamin K2 and K1? Its not correct that you need additional K1 if you take K2 in the MK-7-form. Regarding the Vitamin K2, 400 mcg is a high dosage!! I take 100 mcg daily and can already feel the blood thinning effect. What kind of doctor told you to take 400 mcg K2 and for which diagnosis? Do you take other supplements, too?

Hi Marigold,

I can see you're concerned for Castillo, but I hope you'll try to be a little less prescriptive in your efforts to get your concern across, we're a support forum, we don't diagnose or offer medical advice.

Pamster

It’s all good! i understand the concern.  But I do want to emphasize the moral of my story.  I went to hospitals and all they could do was tell me everything looks normal after simple blood test and a pap and were happy to hand out a prescription without even fully understanding what my body was doing.  They will inject every newborn with synthetic vitamin K1 for bleeding they ‘might’ or might not have yet I go in full murder scene down there and no one even suggests a K1 shot.  How backwards is all this??

It’s all good! i understand the concern.  But I do want to emphasize the moral of my story.  I went to hospitals and all they could do was tell me everything looks normal after simple blood test and a pap and were happy to hand out a prescription without even fully understanding what my body was doing.  They will inject every newborn with synthetic vitamin K1 for bleeding they ‘might’ or might not have yet I go in full murder scene down there and no one even suggests a K1 shot.  How backwards is all this??

400 mcg K2 IS a huge dosage. I do not care if websites in the internet tell about 400 mcg to be safe or about newborns. Newborns did not receive 400 mg.

So, to be clear, if you do not have any problem with thick blood - stop taking Vitamin K as supplement. Why would you need to do that????

For example I need it together with Vit D, because I have a proven severe osteoporosis.

But just to take it because a website which sells supplements (always bad source for information)n tells you "it is safe" - that is not a good decision.

If you just eat japanase kind of "natto", or kale, you get enough Vitamin K2 and K1 for a normal human!

I do not blame you, castillo, not at all. But if you do not need to supplement Vit K, please do not do it! Your body does not need it then!

400 mcg K2 IS a huge dosage. I do not care if websites in the internet tell about 400 mcg to be safe or about newborns. Newborns did not receive 400 mg.

So, to be clear, if you do not have any problem with thick blood - stop taking Vitamin K as supplement. Why would you need to do that????

For example I need it together with Vit D, because I have a proven severe osteoporosis.

But just to take it because a website which sells supplements (always bad source for information)n tells you "it is safe" - that is not a good decision.

If you just eat japanase kind of "natto", or kale, you get enough Vitamin K2 and K1 for a normal human!

I do not blame you, castillo, not at all. But if you do not need to supplement Vit K, please do not do it! Your body does not need it then!

Yes as I said before it is if you have bleeding issues. And it is clearly helping mine.  But dosing varies depending on the issue.  Studies have used 500mcg all the way up to 15mg.  Babies were injected with 0.5 MG to 1 MG and not in MICROGRAMS which I am taking. A bowl of kale is 500 MCG of vitamin K but most cant continue eating if they have thyroid issues.

Yes as I said before it is if you have bleeding issues. And it is clearly helping mine.  But dosing varies depending on the issue.  Studies have used 500mcg all the way up to 15mg.  Babies were injected with 0.5 MG to 1 MG and not in MICROGRAMS which I am taking. A bowl of kale is 500 MCG of vitamin K but most cant continue eating if they have thyroid issues.

What?? Okey, I do not want to start discussions with you..

I still do not understand what you mean with "bleeding issues". If you bleed to much and too strong, reduce Vitamin K intake, and check your other supplements on the effect of being blood thinning. In case you still want your blood to become thinner, I would prefer Vitamin C as intake, because you can dose it tinier each dose and the result comes immediately so you can find your personal dosage very quickly. Vitamin C is an excellent blood thinner, maybe a switch to that can be helpful.

I hope you will recover soon from this disaster..

I still do not understand what you mean with "bleeding issues". If you bleed to much and too strong, reduce Vitamin K intake, and check your other supplements on the effect of being blood thinning. In case you still want your blood to become thinner, I would prefer Vitamin C as intake, because you can dose it tinier each dose and the result comes immediately so you can find your personal dosage very quickly. Vitamin C is an excellent blood thinner, maybe a switch to that can be helpful.

I take no supplements.  Havent taken anything in over a year now. Except for a short stint (a week of chinese herbs) but take nothing.  Just started multivitamin today so i doubt that counts.

I take no supplements.  Havent taken anything in over a year now. Except for a short stint (a week of chinese herbs) but take nothing.  Just started multivitamin today so i doubt that counts.

you have to look which vitamins are contained and how much of each! Vitamin E and C make the blood thinner, too. They might be contained in most multivitamin products. I mean, you have again to check if there is a combination of vitamins which could be blood thinning because then its not the dosage of each on of them, it is the combination !

After the heavy bleedings I just would be careful. In some countries the dosages of vitamins in products which combine them are very high.

Do you have a lack of a certain vitamin? Then I would only take this single one and get the rest out of food.