Author Topic: Full Time worker support group  (Read 15265 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Full Time worker support group
« Reply #290 on: August 21, 2021, 09:34:59 am »
[...], best of luck to you on your jump!  It appears we have made it.  Everyone here will make it also!
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #291 on: August 21, 2021, 02:11:14 pm »
Thanks Seasalt! Iím not counting chickens yet but and feeling stronger by the minute. Six weeks ago I thought I would never work again. Today, Iím thinking I can make it. Hang in there everyone!!!!
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #292 on: September 05, 2021, 10:02:23 am »
I'm starting this new post because the previous posts on working and are quite old now.
I am currently off sick and struggling with high anxiety and depression and interacting with others. Trying to hold at 15mg diazepam.
I'm struggling to focus and my memory is messed up.
Soon I will have to face a decision of going back to work or face becoming unemployed. I'm filled with dread at the thought of how I will cope in the workplace as I'm struggling to cope doing basic things at home right now. I know ultimately I will have to make a decision but replies from anyone else facing this kind of dilemma or any support would  be appreciated.

[Buddie]

« Reply #293 on: September 05, 2021, 03:00:17 pm »
I'm starting this new post because the previous posts on working and are quite old now.
I am currently off sick and struggling with high anxiety and depression and interacting with others. Trying to hold at 15mg diazepam.
Soon I will have to face a decision of going back to work or face becoming unemployed. I'm filled with dread at the thought of how I will cope in the workplace as I'm struggling to cope doing basic things at home right now. I know ultimately I will have to make a decision but replies from anyone else facing this kind of dilemma or any support would  be appreciated.

I think indecision is incredibly stressful, when I can't make up my mind about something I torture myself until I finally do then I feel so much better.  I wonder if you might be suffering from not making a decision about returning to work and it's making your symptoms even worse, stress is a huge contributor to increased symptoms.

When I look at your dilemma it strikes me that your decision has likely been made for you and what you may need to do is accept it.  Your financial situation requires you to work, you have a job waiting for you and being unemployed will detrimentally affect your health and your livelihood.

In your shoes I would probably do my best to reset my thinking and say, well, I'm going back so I might as well get ready to do this which means gathering the tools I'll need to face this. 

This is what I had to do, I had no choice I had to go back to work and I'm incredibly grateful I did.  I explained to you in your other thread some of the tools I used, I'm sure you can find more of them in this thread and when others stop by.

[Buddie]

« Reply #294 on: September 05, 2021, 03:52:39 pm »

I think indecision is incredibly stressful, when I can't make up my mind about something I torture myself until I finally do then I feel so much better.  I wonder if you might be suffering from not making a decision about returning to work and it's making your symptoms even worse, stress is a huge contributor to increased symptoms.

When I look at your dilemma it strikes me that your decision has likely been made for you and what you may need to do is accept it.  Your financial situation requires you to work, you have a job waiting for you and being unemployed will detrimentally affect your health and your livelihood.

In your shoes I would probably do my best to reset my thinking and say, well, I'm going back so I might as well get ready to do this which means gathering the tools I'll need to face this. 

This is what I had to do, I had no choice I had to go back to work and I'm incredibly grateful I did.  I explained to you in your other thread some of the tools I used, I'm sure you can find more of them in this thread and when others stop by.

[...]ís advice here is really solid IMO. I also had no choice but to work. It was brutal and I returned to work during acute withdrawal. I have absolutely no idea how the hell I survived but I did. Through no fault of my own I was also a terrible employee, lol. But I was just good enough not to get fired and that is really all we need to be to put food on the table. It sucks to be pushing harder than everyone else and getting substandard results. No one will understand. But you can come here at the end of the day and we will treat you like you deserve to be treated. IMO people that work through benzo withdrawal are an the toughest of the tough. We appear weak to the uninformed but most of them couldnít work through the sniffles. I am glad I worked through my withdrawal because it kept me from dwelling and gave me a sense of self worth. I am very proud of what I overcame to remain employed throughout these past few years. That sense of pride really helps with the mental health aspect of withdrawal. I also believe that the physical activity and stimultion of working forces out CNS to repair itself at a faster pace.

[Buddie]

« Reply #295 on: September 05, 2021, 06:43:16 pm »
I agree , we are the toughest of the tough. I work as a general sales manager and how I was able to push through when I felt like I was in a tornado of anxiety and other weirdness is still hard me to believe when ever I think about the early days. I have been back to work for 19 months now and I still struggle with some weirdness but I just keep grinding it out.

[Buddie]

« Reply #296 on: September 07, 2021, 02:10:09 am »
[...], I feel for you! I am/was exactly where you are now. I was at the end of my rope and was fortunate that I could take six weeks off. I then asked for and was granted 90 days unpaid leave. In my time off I managed to taper off Zolpidem and jump 11 days ago. My anxiety is largely gone and the dark thoughts and feelings of dread I had have largely dissipated. I believe taking Ashwaganda helped with the anxiety. It took about six weeks to kick in but I really do feel better. I'm still off work but now feeling like I will soon be ready to go back. In [...], I felt I would never be able to work again. I could hardly get through the day. Don't give up. See if you can get some more time off it you need it. It certainly made all the difference for me. Hang in there and do what you gotta do.

[Buddie]

« Reply #297 on: September 07, 2021, 08:05:19 am »
Thanks for the replies...I would like to be able to take more time off...I'm feeling hopeless at the moment...I have to force myself out the door today to get my prescriptions.

[Buddie]

« Reply #298 on: September 07, 2021, 11:30:20 am »
Do what you can Harmonia. Check out the Family Medical Leave Act to see if you are eligible. You can get up to 90 days unpaid leave if you qualify. You might need a note from your doc but 90 days to concentrate on your recovery would sure help. Praying for you.

[Buddie]

« Reply #299 on: September 26, 2021, 05:50:49 pm »
Oh man. I'm so sorry you are in this situation.  I'm tapering and working. I have a lot of symptoms but for some strange reason, working is a nice distraction.   It's really hard.  You could always try and take one day at a time.