Author Topic: Full Time worker support group  (Read 10231 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Full Time worker support group
« Reply #230 on: July 30, 2020, 12:52:05 pm »
thanks guys..You know how it is..you just want to be "you" again and function like you used to.
I hate being alone, but then too much people is overstimulating.

I finished the contract job I had. I've been putting in PT hours. The other day had to do 8 hrs straight to finish it up for the deadline. Good thing I was alone for a lot of it bc I cried off and on that day. So overwhelmed. Anyway, its done now. I can chill a bit till the next one.   :thumbsup:
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #231 on: July 30, 2020, 01:39:35 pm »
thanks guys..You know how it is..you just want to be "you" again and function like you used to.

I finished the contract job I had. I've been putting in PT hours. The other day had to do 8 hrs straight to finish it up for the deadline. Good thing I was alone for a lot of it bc I cried off and on that day. So overwhelmed. Anyway, its done now. I can chill a bit till the next one.   :thumbsup:

Hang in there! If ECT was ever involved, then that's a whole new ball game in addition to the benzo, right? Mercy! Still praying for healing from that ordeal. You're brave to be working at all. I think, all in all, it's a good thing. Working full-time is crushing my scrotum, but gotta survive the real world. See ya at the finish! :)
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #232 on: July 30, 2020, 01:51:12 pm »

Hang in there! If ECT was ever involved, then that's a whole new ball game in addition to the benzo, right? Mercy! Still praying for healing from that ordeal. You're brave to be working at all. I think, all in all, it's a good thing. Working full-time is crushing my scrotum, but gotta survive the real world. See ya at the finish! :)

Ultra your posts are so optimistic always, I love it. May I ask what dose are you down to? My cuts are so painful after so much kindling... But you don't seem to lose [...]!

[Buddie]

« Reply #233 on: July 31, 2020, 04:46:02 pm »

Ultra your posts are so optimistic always, I love it. May I ask what dose are you down to? My cuts are so painful after so much kindling... But you don't seem to lose [...]!

Bless ya, my sweet child!! You might laugh, but I'm at .015 mg/day. Most people say, "jump, you idiot", but many other users that were/are long-term users like me (now on year 26) had to go much farther down than where I currently am. If I'm feeling cuts this bad at this dose, then I'm not ready to jump. A doctor friend of mine told me years back that most long-term users who were on super high doses of k usually take it all the way down to pixy dust before they can attempt a jump. Hey, when does your next contract job begin?

Hugs!

[Buddie]

« Reply #234 on: July 31, 2020, 04:58:29 pm »
Ultra..yup we both went the ect route. I don't even want to think about that....(theres some memories it took that I would like back..sigh)
thanks for your positive input :)

Keep telling myself that there is neuroplasticity in the brain  :thumbsup:

[Buddie]

« Reply #235 on: August 05, 2020, 03:20:51 pm »
Ultra..yup we both went the ect route. I don't even want to think about that....(theres some memories it took that I would like back..sigh)
thanks for your positive input :)

Keep telling myself that there is neuroplasticity in the brain  :thumbsup:

Neuroplasticity...that's great! I had forgotten about that (no pun). Well, I guess it is what it is until it isn't. We'll get there and we'll keep growing. When growth stops, decay sets in, so let's keep going! I truly [...] you have a symptom-free day.

Hugs,
[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #236 on: August 09, 2020, 04:24:56 pm »
[...] I'm sure you're doing the right thing by making sure you walk off even if that means one more year cutting your low dose. I'm not sure I'll ever be able to cut again. Unfortunately last summer I tapered myself into acute wd which could have killed me. It took me ages to get out of that state. Unfortunately I've never stabilized from that. I've ended up in that state they call protracted due to the glutamate damage, but without being off the medication. I have many responsibilities so becoming disabled in order to taper is not an option. I'm already mentally disabled to some extent although I hide it well from others. This is hell, you have to deal with stress with this brain injury. Oh well. Not my best day. I just feel I'm so unstable I won't be able to taper again. I don't believe in tolerance withdrawal which is a term some people throw around. This is plain glutamate damage.

[Buddie]

« Reply #237 on: August 10, 2020, 04:41:05 pm »
[...] I'm sure you're doing the right thing by making sure you walk off even if that means one more year cutting your low dose. I'm not sure I'll ever be able to cut again. Unfortunately last summer I tapered myself into acute wd which could have killed me. It took me ages to get out of that state. Unfortunately I've never stabilized from that. I've ended up in that state they call protracted due to the glutamate damage, but without being off the medication. I have many responsibilities so becoming disabled in order to taper is not an option. I'm already mentally disabled to some extent although I hide it well from others. This is hell, you have to deal with stress with this brain injury. Oh well. Not my best day. I just feel I'm so unstable I won't be able to taper again. I don't believe in tolerance withdrawal which is a term some people throw around. This is plain glutamate damage.

Hang in there Val. I know these are very, very tough days for all of us with the craziness of COVID. I do believe the brain does heal it just takes longer than we want it to. I know you cut recently, how are you doing?

[Buddie]

« Reply #238 on: August 10, 2020, 07:12:16 pm »

I know you feel like you'll never be able to taper again, but one day at a time. Maybe you won't be able to taper anytime soon, but maybe a time will come when you can take a tiny piece out of one of your doses and then hold for a few weeks to see how things go. Cutting even a tiny amount over the course of a month is still "decreasing". I know because I've had many months when all I could do was cut one tiny fraction amount and then hold for the remainder of the month, then do the same thing in another month or two. Sometimes I think the hardest part of the journey is from the neck up. Find something to focus on that uplifts you a bit...that'll fuel good things into your mind. When you know better you do better :)

Hang on tight!

[Buddie]

« Reply #239 on: August 20, 2020, 07:49:52 am »
Thank you Ultra 2007 for your wise and kind words. Yes, I'll hold for a long time and if my brain is feeling stronger I'll attempt a small cut. Not now though as I really need to be as functional as a person can be. I think you'll succeed. You're a very positive person. Thank you for spreading positivity around.