Author Topic: Full Time worker support group  (Read 12351 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Full Time worker support group
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2018, 12:57:47 am »
I'm doing OK? I was thinking I had a mini-episode this morning, a little bit of the terrors sneaking up on me. But now I kinda feel OK. The brain fog is there, but I'm sort of getting used to it and seem to be functioning OK. It's weird. I don't feel "normal" but yet how I'm feeling this afternoon isn't bothering me. I was actually able to complete some tasks at work today without feeling overwhelmed about it like I have in the last several weeks.  "Onward and upward" as my father used to say.

How is everyone else?
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2018, 01:20:12 am »
I'm doing pretty good,  i'm glad you're ok. We can live with ok. I'm thinking of making a cut this weekend.  I try to cut when I work because I seem to notice it less.  Still plugging along.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2018, 01:37:28 am »
Do you all think it's possible to heal while working a stressful full-time job? I have been wondering this for a while. I am a high school English teacher and often times I even go in on the weekend and correct stuff.   

[Buddie]

« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2018, 01:56:10 am »
I am also feeling okay. I can work with okay. The wave I felt at 3-4 weeks off seems to have subsided, sleep and appetite are improving, anxiety and nausea are lessening. Still relying pretty heavily on routines to manage it all, and taking it easy for the most part. I keep wanting to put in longer days because I feel behind, but I think I'm just finding a new flow after so long on light duty. I know I'm healing, which helps me to be patient. Really irritable though...looking forward to having my full strength back.

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2018, 02:33:14 am »
Just like [...], I'm feeling better after a 4-week hold.

[Buddie]

« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2018, 02:34:48 am »
Do you all think it's possible to heal while working a stressful full-time job? I have been wondering this for a while. I am a high school English teacher and often times I even go in on the weekend and correct stuff.

I think It might be doing you more good than you think. I dont Underestimate the stress of teaching (my sister is a teacher) but I think It’s good to keep occupied. I imagine Having too much idle time would backfire. And at least you are being productive financially, so this process doesn’t take too much from you.

[Buddie]

« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2018, 02:42:12 am »

I think It might be doing you more good than you think. I dont Underestimate the stress of teaching (my sister is a teacher) but I think It’s good to keep occupied. I imagine Having too much idle time would backfire. And at least you are being productive financially, so this process doesn’t take too much from you.

I totally agree. The distraction is enormously helpful.

[Buddie]

« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2018, 02:49:31 am »
Baylissa said she has seen many people heal who were working full time. It's just so hard to believe at times. I agree that it helps to distract from the depression that can often be extreme at times. However, with all the added stress does the body and brain ever fully heal? I'm sure it probably does but it's just hard not having doubts and fears all the time. Anyway, cheers to a good Thursday at work. 

[Buddie]

« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2018, 06:14:24 pm »
Hi Everyone,

It’s nice to read how everyone’s is managing how they’re feeling and also to see the number of people who are “doing OK” - knowing that doing OK is moving in the right direction.

Boomboxboy: that might be additional validation for the advice you received above. It seems like the folks in this group are healing as they work and the work is a part of the healing process. As someone who had to take over a year off of work I can’t tell you that it is quite hard to jump back into the pool.

[...]: daily irony, indeed! That must be rough indeed to listen to. I wonder if we’ll ever go back to the days when docs wouldn’t prescribe anything they hadn’t taken themselves?

To quote [...]’s father: onward and upward everyone! We’ll get through this!

- [...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2018, 06:17:50 pm »
hey there, working full time too. from home though. I would not survive the office