Author Topic: Full Time worker support group  (Read 10214 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Full Time worker support group
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2018, 10:42:48 pm »
I've been working since I started tapering 3 and a half months ago. It's been tough and stress at work definitely exacerbates my symptoms. Weekends are better but Sunday nights I usually sleep worse anticipating the Monday workday. I'm now anxious in social situations in which I had no anxiety before, for example where I interview somebody. Usually, when I stabilize on a dose, it gets better. There are days when I feel I can't continue working. Until last weeks my symptoms included mostly anxiety, headaches and stomachaches, and insomnia. Last week a new scary symptom reared its ugly head, almost crippling fatigue. That's when I realized I have to slow down my taper, because I can't work if I'm unable to walk, drive and get to work.

You have cut a lot in a short time, which is great, but I am sure that slowing down will help you.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2018, 11:31:36 pm »
[...]: I think there are forums here in ďSupport GroupsĒ that have been started by people looking for in-person support. You might also try a global search of the site. I [...] you find what youíre looking for!

[...]: I get good results for mild anxiety from just doing deep breathing exercises. I have a lot of fatigue right now which makes the prospect of yoga a little daunting. The heavier anxiety - like when Iím dealing with a particular stressor - I either just try to roll with it (easier said than done) or distract myself with chores, etc. Iím glad to hear youíve found some things that work for you!

- [...]
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2018, 12:38:02 am »
Does anyone know how to get ahold of on going support for us in bad shape and still needing to taper after massive polydrugging, from docs, treating my brain injury with more drugs🤦🏻‍♂️?? Via phone or in person or Skype, FaceTime etc. I need more help. I live in California. Thank you!

Hello Benzh8r,

Believe me, I know just how difficult it is to go through withdrawal. Often, there is a feeling of isolation. While it could be a positive thing to link up with someone in person or over the phone or Skype, here at Benzo Buddies we don't allow sharing of personal information. This includes phone numbers, addresses  and emails.  The reason for this is simple, we respect and protect the privacy of our members. Our wish is for members to remain anonymous.  Most people are genuine but on the off chance that someone might misrepresent themselves, we established rules and guidelines about this matter.

When I was in the thick of things I was on the forum day and night. Sometimes just to read and other times to connect with my buddies.  I had several buddies here, we supported each other, gave each other virtual hugs, celebrated milestones and had more than a few pity parties.  These people, and the forum, got me through withdrawal recovery.  So, it's possible to get good support here even though it is an online forum.

You are not permitted to post your contact details to the BenzoBuddies forum. Nor should you solicit the contact details of other members. Links to, or requests to join, Facebook or any other social networking websites which might potentially identify members' true identities are not allowed

Thanks for understanding.

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2018, 11:39:07 am »
Hello!
Work is picking up and getting stressful, but Iím trying to implement healthy habits like workin our to relieve stress and eating better. Also crying helps lol.

Free

[Buddie]

« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2018, 06:10:15 pm »
Hi [...],

Iíve found that habits - of all sorts: behavioral, sleeping, eating, exercising, etc. - are very helpful during withdrawal. I think they let your body and mind relax while also keeping them active. I [...] your habits are alleviating some of the new stress at work. And, yes, sometimes a good cry is very cathartic. Weirdly, Iíve also found that a good sneezing fit can help my nausea! I think it loosens the diaphragm? Who knows? Any port in a storm.

- [...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2018, 11:09:24 pm »
I am only about a month into my xanax taper,  I work full time as a nurse so i'm going low and slow as I have to be able to function. At this point my taper hasn't been bad, my worry about starting it felt worse than actually starting.  When I have a few days off in a row is when I feel the worst but then again I kind of always got a little anxious sitting around at home.  I do think work has been a good distraction for me.  I just pray it continues to go smoothly.
Jess

[Buddie]

« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2018, 01:16:36 am »
I work full time too. My job is not at all challenging. So I thought it would be good to start to taper.

My boss just told me yesterday my responsibilities will change in a month. It sounds like work I'll enjoy, but this taper has made me stupid! Now I'm wondering I should keep tapering or go back to my normal dose. I'm glad I have work. I had cancer 3 years ago, and didn't work for a year after treatment and it drove me crazy sitting at home doing nothing. I think if I were doing that now with this taper there would be no way I could do it.

Oh the hold these drugs have on our minds...

[Buddie]

« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2018, 12:40:05 pm »
I so agree about routines being helpful! Walking is my favorite - my husband and I walk the dog for 2-3 miles several times a week, and I get so much out of the exercise and distraction. We live in the city and spent the first two years basically hiding inside, but now we're out exploring our neighborhood a bit and getting to feel more comfortable. We have favorite trails along the river just a short drive away, plus some more involved destinations for the weekends to keep things interesting.

I've mentioned before that when I started my taper, I tracked all my daily activities in a spreadsheet and set goals that were easy enough to accomplish but numerous enough to keep me active. Everything from what I ate, to whether I made it through the full work day, to exercise, journaling, reading, socializing, etc. I don't pay the same attention to detail that I did at first, but I'm still using some of that momentum to stay focused as I heal.

Does anyone else feel that all of their energy and coping skills are geared to get them through the work day, so there's no "spoons" left once they get home? I've been biting my poor husband's head off almost constantly even while he does more than his share of errands and housework. He has the patience of a saint and I want to do better by him.

[...], I didn't know you were a cancer survivor! To have been through treatment before, and benzo withdrawal now, must take incredible courage and perseverance. Withdrawal might cause you to doubt your inner strength, but it can never take it from you! You're an inspiration.

This weekend I'm at the beach trying to take my mind off of work stress. The place where we are staying is right on the water, with amazing acoustics - the ocean is quite loud, and very soothing to listen to at night. I even managed a nap yesterday! Trying not to worry about the dreaded Monday.

Take care everybody!

[Buddie]

« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2018, 10:49:22 pm »
I refuse to let this thread leave the first page! ;D

[...]: I [...] you had a great time at the beach. I find it very relaxing, too. I live in Chicago just a few blocks from Lake Michigan. Not the ocean, but it definitely has waves.

Itís been a tough week for me. Work doesnít seem to appreciate the fact that while I am able to return to work, they could do little things to make it easier. Sigh. So, anxiety is up while I try to get things settled into place.

How about the rest of you - how are things going midweek?

- [...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2018, 12:45:41 am »
I refuse to let this thread leave the first page! ;D

[...]: I [...] you had a great time at the beach. I find it very relaxing, too. I live in Chicago just a few blocks from Lake Michigan. Not the ocean, but it definitely has waves.

Itís been a tough week for me. Work doesnít seem to appreciate the fact that while I am able to return to work, they could do little things to make it easier. Sigh. So, anxiety is up while I try to get things settled into place.

How about the rest of you - how are things going midweek?

- [...]

Rough. I work in mental health research and listen to people talk about their drugs, PTSD, depression, anxiety, SI, SA, etc etc etc. Also when I encounter people on benzo and my supervising physician says ďwe can wean them off in a monthĒ and I cringe/walk away. 

Daily irony.

Iím still earning that salary tho 💅🏾