Anxiety the key problem.....

[...]

Hello everyone

Well I have been dealing with anxiety for almost 3 years now. That is why I was prescribed Lorazepam in  the first place. I have done all kind of things to tone it down  and I do have to admit that is gotten better . I did hypnotherapy , "rapid eye therapy" ( a form of cognitive  behavioral ) . Regular counseling and used a psychiatrist help and counseling . I practiced meditation occasionally and deep breathing techniques, I had a short period of trying yoga. Also I have learned to relax using MP3 's that teach you how to do it and  I have tried every possible way to deal with negative and repetitive thoughts. I am better, and I think I am coping with stress and every day life better that 2 years ago. Now, my doctor keeps saying that I will be "cured" when I will be able to live with the stress and problems that life brings everyday without going to an extreme. Now, since I am tapering the Lorazepam I started to notice that I can handle things the way I used to, or perhaps a bit better , since I just tell myself ,live now, don't worry anymore about tomorrow. So , maybe after all this was a bad experience but maybe I will come out stronger , I hope.

I also deal with depression , but I think the depression was the result of the drugs I was prescribed for the anxiety itself and the HBP ( hypertension) most likely a consequence of the anxiety and stress too. From both problems, I can tackle the anxiety ,but boy, the depression is a different beast.

In any case I just wanted to share my experience with you and tell you how therapeutic it is to read this forums. They are of immense value ,thanks.

Hi tino,

Thanks for letting us know what's worked for you.  I'm glad you're seeing good things by tapering off the drug, you're going to see even more when you heal from the symptoms.  For me, this experience put things in perspective, what I used to think was anxiety is nothing compared to the anxiety benzo use and withdrawal put me through.

Pam