Withdrawal Klonopin

[ma...]

Hello.  So glad to find you.  Nightmare started with Lorazepam taper.

Cardiac event .. switch to Klonopin..bad .. now on Valium for 3 days.. dosage not enough..but doc upped it so some better.  Any body have experience like this ?  Heart rate too low .. not sure what to do about my 5 mg nighttime dose.  :/

Welcome to BenzoBuddies!  We are glad you decided to join us.  You'll find a lot of support and information on this forum, which is currently the only one of its kind online.  I'm sorry you are going through this, hopefully you'll stabilize now and be able to taper.

For those starting a taper, we generally recommend starting out at a rate of 5-10% every 10-14 days, then adjusting the taper to suit your own needs.  One exception: very short term users may be able to taper faster. During and after the taper there are often withdrawal symptoms, most commonly anxiety and insomnia, but these are temporary and will go away in time.

In general, those who've never withdrawn from benzos before seem to have fewer problems healing, while those with multiple withdrawals sometimes have longer, more challenging healing periods due to nervous system sensitization.

Here are a few useful links:

The Ashton Manual A great, short and concise reference for tapering and symptom issues.

Withdrawal Support (during your taper)

Again, welcome!

Megan918

Administrator

Thank you Megan.

I think maybe I started this klonopin withdrawal all wrong... Doc switched me to Valium with no taper

from the klonopin... and at a low dose .. really bad for two days and then the ER.. and that's where

the ER doc said to up the dose to 5 mg 3x a day till I stabilize.  I've had two doses today.. heart rate

is 52 .. not sure if I should take the last 5 mg dose before I go to bed.  I know heart rate will go into the 40's ... any thoughts on that..  I will have to take at least a portion or will have an anxiety event during the night.. I think... this is only day 3 on the valium. 

Thanks for any input.

Mary Anna