Sharing tapering information

[Ca...]

I tapered off of benzos three years ago using a tapering schedule produced by the University Of Montreal.  I'd like to share it with the board.

Welcome to BenzoBuddies!  We are glad you decided to join us.  You'll find a lot of support and information on this forum, which is currently the only one of its kind online.

For those starting a taper, we generally recommend starting out at a rate of 5-10% every 10-14 days, then adjusting the taper to suit your own needs.  One exception: very short term users may be able to taper faster. During and after the taper there are often withdrawal symptoms, most commonly anxiety and insomnia, but these are temporary and will go away in time.

In general, those who've never withdrawn from benzos before seem to have fewer problems healing, while those with multiple withdrawals sometimes have longer, more challenging healing periods due to nervous system sensitization.

Here are a few useful links:

The Ashton Manual A great, short and concise reference for tapering and symptom issues.

You can discuss your taper plan here:  General Taper Plans

Again, welcome!

Megan918

Administrator

I tapered off of benzos three years ago using a tapering schedule produced by the University Of Montreal.  I'd like to share it with the board.

I'd be interested in seeing that.  I know the McMaster schedule is pretty quick! I wonder if they influence each other....

SS