Has anyone ordered and tried Lucinda Bassett's attacking anxiety program

[...]

Hi Everyone,

Has anyone tried Lucinda Bassett's attacking anxiety program. If you have or heard of someone who has did it work or help in anyway?

Thanks,

Lisa

hi lisa,

i have thought of ordering it (expensive though); however, a nurse told me her husband used it and was very pleased with the results.

leslie

Thanks Leslie,

I ordered it in a hasty moment and yes it is expensive. So I am kind of freaking out because I had read some not so good reviews- like it is a scam and I don't believe everything I read on the internet so I figured my Benzo Buddies would give me a honest answer. I also am really liking Claire Weekes teachings.

Lisa :)

I've only read good things about the Lucinda Bassett book, Lisa, although I went with Claire Weekes' myself.  You can probably find prior posts about Lucinda by putting her name in the search box after clicking on Forum at the top of the page.

Lisa

I was thinking of ordering the program by Lucinda Bassett but after getting the free cd and discovering how much $ I looked elsewhere. I did try the Linden method which was less expensive but after trying the methods and listening to the cds for several months decided to return it and got my refund back with no issues. Curious to see if anyone has used the Bassett program and achieved good results.

Sid

• 1 month later...

I have used the Lucinda Bassett tape program.  I didn't go through the whole program, becaue I feel it is more for people who get

"panic attacks" rather than just chronic anxiety.  She made a comment in the very beginning that really turned me off and just created more anxiety for me - she said something to the effect that the tapes ".....could even help older folk who are depressed and anxious, because as you get older you get  brain changes that can cause depression....."  That freaked me out because I just turned 65 and therefore feel that I am

an "older" folk and don't need to know that my brain is changing into a more depressed state.  I mean what can the future hold then?????.....more drugs???? psychiatrists???  I think she should have been more careful in what she said - did she think that only young people would be listening to her tape.  It made me feel hopeless. 

Otherwise, some of the points were good and I liked the tape about negative self talk.  The relaxation session that they want you to

do 3 times a day is very simple but not as good as some others I've listened to.  On the whole, it was OK, but that's all I can say about it, and should be used along with other tools, books, talk therapy, etc.

I just never could see why this stuff would help me if they don't mention benzos

I have been at this anxiety panic thing for a long time, I know all the players

I need a benzo wise guide.

I haven't tried it, but it seems everything I do try only helps temporarily and all the people I usually see who say how great certain things worked... they still have problems with anxiety so it couldn't have helped extremely much.

I just never could see why this stuff would help me if they don't mention benzos

I have been at this anxiety panic thing for a long time, I know all the players

I need a benzo wise guide.

Sundazed,

I have to admit I am not real familar with this program....I have seen some informericals on tv....but I think I agree with your point...even if it is helpful for people with anxiety and it may be a good tool post healing...during benzo withdrawal...it is a whole different ballgame..and I am not sure if it would have the same impact...if any impact at all...I guess it would be worth trying....but when in benzo withdrawal..alot of the tried and true methods..just don't seem to be as effective....

TC

Lisa,

I ordered this when I was in benzo hell last November.  Tried it 2 weeks.  Did NOT work at all for me...it was actually kind of a joke. When I called them to return it ( 30 day free trial), the person on the phone was rude, said I had not given it enough time, kept ARGUING with me about my wanting to return it, and she actually made my anxiety worse and I went into a full blown panic just talking to her. Just thinking of that conversation makes me anxious  ;D.  Just keep in mind that even though it did not work for me, it might very well work for others.  I don't think the program is meant for people in benzo induced/ withdrawal anxiety. Having said that, there IS a 30 day money back guarantee on it, just watch out if you order it and want to return it within the 30 days.  They really gave me a hard time because I wanted to return it.  Hope this helps!

That reminds me of when I stopped using AOL like 5 or more years ago.  It took literally 30 minutes to get them to cancel it and they tried to be sneaky and add some other charge in and luckily I heard them glossing over it.

I'm nervous tlaking on the phone sometimes so I would probably get a panic attack in your situation too.  lol

I agree with Sundazed - I think anxiety withdrawal from Benzos is different.  There are alot of base elements that are the same for all anxiety,

but benzo anxiety is it's own kind of animal.  I ordered Claire Weekes book about anxiety - and while I like her style of writing and how she says

that all anxiety or "nevous illnesses" as she calls them come for the same place - FEAR, I think the FEAR in benzos is different, but  I don't know exactly how, and sometimes I don't even feel fear, but my body is still shaking.  And why is it so bad when you wake up in the morning - there's no fear then, nothing has happened to scare you.  Is there a book out there that deals with anxieties from benzos - I did see a book (can't remember the name) by a Charles Whitfield and an excerpt in there was about psychiatric drugs and getting off them and about how the doctors don't understand and the big Pharma industry which is out to get rich and not help people.  I will try to find it again and post it.  My Claire Weeks book is from the 1960's - does anyone know of a more recent one and are there any that deal with benzo anxiety?

• 1 month later...

Hi.  Sundazed & Hoping2BFree are both right.  My hubby ordered it May this year... we went through the program together.  Its more for people who are "not" on any drugs and dealing with anxiety and fears - being on this crap makes all things worse, as all know.  I will say what helped my hubby alot, is her meditation tape - he listened to it constantly and it helped relax him better to deal with the side effects of the benzo drug.  I did have my hubby see a hypnotherapist, who provided a wonderful relaxation tape.  Ron listens to it going to bed (crashes) listening to it, during insomnia wake ups and each morning before getting up....  It is resonating!!

Getting off Valium myself back in the 80's... having all the crazy side effects and withdrawal - although, I had no idea I was having withdrawals... no internet to find out.  I went through the vibs, elect sensations, up & down with everything... thought I was loosing my mind.  I went to a self hypnosis class offered locally... a wonderful teacher teaching it... discovered through the meditations how the symptoms all lessened... realized "how powerful the mind is" it can make things better or worse.  I purchased a subliminal tape for stress and anxiety, listened to it each and every night and before I got out of bed.  What this did, and what is now helping Ron... the "subconscious mind" that is nothing other then a storage bank... got reprogrammed and its happening for Ron.... positive is being replaced to the negative stuck thoughts... when that happens, you're able to deal better with the symptoms.  I've seen this with Ron first hand, especially with the w/d's in tapering.

I hope you try getting tapes like this.  Love to all, Pattylu

• 8 years later...
I don't know about the price because, well ... I pirated it.  :laugh: However, the time spent on reading the manual and listening to the mp3s was worth it. Very detailed self help book.