8 years zopiclon

[Ve...]

Female  age 26 Germany

I been worse the past 8 years and I didnt know what was wrong with me, been to tons of doctors. 3 weeks and 2 days now i stopped taking zopiclon 7,5 mg cold turkey, because i wanted to travel to africa, at the same day i made a yellow fever vaccine. So 2 weeks i thought i couldnt deal with the vaccine, but everything went worse and last week saturday i thought i am fonna die because my stomac, vometing , heat , muscelcramps and so on.Then I started to get visoin problems heraing problems and swolen legs general weeknes , pain seizures it was so terrifing at this point i thought hm maybe it comes from the pills i stoped and i did resarch. I was already at the hospital, but doctors have not really an idea of sideeffects of that haha.

So now I feel at the end ...

My Question now would be, after more then 3 weeks cold turkey and terrible symptoms and heart problems and pain, if i should take the pills again and taper slowly or would it be contraprodactiv to take it again now and i go on with cold turkey? I am soo scared I dont know what to do. Noone beliefs me, my family think i am crazy.

Hello Verena1028,

Welcome to Benzo Buddies! Yes, everything you describe are symptoms associated with benzo or zdrug withdrawal. Zopiclone is a zdrug but essentially works the same as a benzo in terms of the changes it makes to the central nervous system. I know from experience how strong the withdrawal effects can be when going cold turkey.

In general, reinstatement is possible within a 2-3 week window, so you are just at that point now.  It is possible you could reinstate and then plan a slow taper.  Or, you could let your system recover, it will, but it may take some time. Members will give you their opinions and share their experiences. You can then decide what is the best avenue for you to take.

Generally, a slow taper is recommended to help to minimize withdrawal symptoms. A reduction of no more than 5-10% every 10-14 days is suggested. I'll give you a link to the General Taper Plans for additional information.

I'll also give you a link to the Cold Turkey, Detox, Rapid Withdrawal board where you can communicate with others in the same situation as yourself.

At 3 weeks off you are in the acute phase of withdrawal, where the symptoms can be the strongest. It can be a challenging time, but things will ease up.  I understand your fear, but you've come to the right place for support and information.  We believe you, we understand what you are going through.

Please do ask questions, we're here to help.

General Taper Plans 

Cold Turkey, Detox & Rapid Withdrawal

pianogirl  :)

I think you have to weigh your options. You could reinistate and then taper off slowly or you could just tough it out.

Speaking as a person who went cold turkey off HUGE doses of two benzos, I know it can be done, but only you know what YOU can take, what YOU can stand.

I think you should consider just toughing it out now. Withdrawal from these drugs can be truly awful. But going through it may turn out to be the best thing you ever did.