If you been waiting on that window...

[Le...]

I know how you feel, I was there for a long time, I cut from roughly 2mg to .375mg rapidly (about 3 months) it was awful and I was in a constant state of terror, I thought I'd never get through it and fought with my tormented body not to reinstate my previous dose. I repeated to myself, "you want to quit, but you don't, and then it's over", a million times a day in my head, not really believing it most of the time. Then one day, the window opened and I felt a massive weight lift off of me, I practiced yoga out of joy instead of fear that if I didn't I wouldn't be loose enough or tired enough to sleep. Sleep came, wonderful nightmareless sleep, and it continued to come with the exception of of few nights here and there. I FINALLY leveled off at my lower dose! Two weeks ago I cut about 10% again and this round has had very few symptoms, the first three nights were restless but then it lifted again and I've felt so calm and articulate. My brain is healing and I can FEEL it happening, I'm not searching for words or blanking out half through conversations anymore and my senses are not so overloaded anymore.

I can't wait to be benzo free and for once I'm seeing indications that the finish line is on the horizon. In my previous state I was convinced it would never come and suffering was the new norm. It's just not true, I'm currently working about 1 month of (almost) continuous windows. For those of you out there wondering how long you can take it, just keep looking forward and knowing you're doing the right thing and healing is happening everyday.

You wanna quit, but you don't, and then it's over!

• 3 weeks later...

I know how you feel, I was there for a long time, I cut from roughly 2mg to .375mg rapidly (about 3 months) it was awful and I was in a constant state of terror, I thought I'd never get through it and fought with my tormented body not to reinstate my previous dose. I repeated to myself, "you want to quit, but you don't, and then it's over", a million times a day in my head, not really believing it most of the time. Then one day, the window opened and I felt a massive weight lift off of me, I practiced yoga out of joy instead of fear that if I didn't I wouldn't be loose enough or tired enough to sleep. Sleep came, wonderful nightmareless sleep, and it continued to come with the exception of of few nights here and there. I FINALLY leveled off at my lower dose! Two weeks ago I cut about 10% again and this round has had very few symptoms, the first three nights were restless but then it lifted again and I've felt so calm and articulate. My brain is healing and I can FEEL it happening, I'm not searching for words or blanking out half through conversations anymore and my senses are not so overloaded anymore.

I can't wait to be benzo free and for once I'm seeing indications that the finish line is on the horizon. In my previous state I was convinced it would never come and suffering was the new norm. It's just not true, I'm currently working about 1 month of (almost) continuous windows. For those of you out there wondering how long you can take it, just keep looking forward and knowing you're doing the right thing and healing is happening everyday.

You wanna quit, but you don't, and then it's over!

Thanks Lets be Brave, so good to hear , needed it :)