Tapering off Xanax with Rivotril(Clonazepam) questions

[No...]

So finally I'm staring a tapering off plan. I've been on xanax like 10 months now, started using 0.5 xanax 3 times a day, then took it down to 0.125 once a day, although sometimes ok take 0.25 but generally I only take 0.125. For this question let's say I average 0.25 once a day.

So my doctor told me to switch to clonazepam drops, 5 drops once a day for a week, then 4 drops a day for two weeks, then 3 drops for two weeks, then 2 drops for two weeks and then 1 drop for two weeks. Aaand after that nothing more.

So do you think this is a good tapering off plan?

I'm confused as to who to believe because my doctor and the psychiatrist both told me i'm on .25 a day, I should be fine to get off the drug because they have seen so many people reduce from 4mgs a day pretty quickly and get off of it. They both said I was overthinking it and giving myself anxiety and that after a few .25 mgs per week I should be fine to just..quit? They also advised not reading so much on the internet because it will just make you dwell on your disease/be a hypochondriac

What is the concentration of the Clonazapam drops?  I think that this tapering process looks good ONLY if the start of the drops is equal to .25 Xanax.  Please be sure of this before you start.  Getting off Clonazepam has been hell on my body... and mind.  I would not wish this on my worst enemy.  But I did NOT taper effectively and hope that you will!

Poundtown82, It is very difficult to know how to respond when I am not sure what benzo you are referring to but I am unaware of any that you can drop at a rate of 4 mg/day.  Hope you are OK.

What is the concentration of the Clonazapam drops?  I think that this tapering process looks good ONLY if the start of the drops is equal to .25 Xanax.  Please be sure of this before you start.  Getting off Clonazepam has been hell on my body... and mind.  I would not wish this on my worst enemy.  But I did NOT taper effectively and hope that you will!

Thats the thing, I did some research and supposdley each drop is 0.1, thats what got me thinking. If 0.5 clonazepam is equal to 0.5 xanax, im worried, mostly because i havent taken 0.5 xanax in a loong time. Ill be buying the Rivotril tomorrow and il read the info and ask the farmacisit.

But if each drop is 0.1, then what would be the starting dose? Should i then start with 3 drops only and go from there?

Thanks for answering!

There is a big difference between a dose of .25 to .125, most people can handle that but us here in the forum are the sensitive ones. What your doctor gave you is a generic tapering off for a regular person that is not sensitive. I've had friends jump from 1mg of Rivotril like nothing happened. If you aren't having symptoms and can handle it good for you.

Now if you don't make it out that easy read the Ahston Manual, then read it again untill you fully understand it and can start tapering slow; perhaps even cross over to valium. But I hope you are a normal.

noo I was on 1-2 mg of xanax a day, then down to like .5 split between morning and evening .25's , that drop was over the course of a couple of weeks. I'm somewhat withdrawing from alcohol too, so it's hard to differentiate the symptoms.