Need guidance.Help!!

[Al...]

I was prescribed Ativan for Lyme disease for 7.5 years I crossed over to Valium in November. Doing mostly 5% cuts every month or two weeks. Dont seem to notice the cut fir over a week sometimes. But i am in a ball, severe pain, cant breathe, heart racing, noticing withdraw worsens 19 days before my period where it gets so bad i can barely function.  I have nightmares about ending my life and im normally a creative happy person with many dreams im losing sight of. I can't go on. I would pay to talk to someone who has done this successfully or even have some one pm me. Pleasw, if anyone reads this,  i just need help.

Hello Ali: I am sorry that you are having such severe symptoms right now. Pretty much everyone here can relate and have gone through horrendous stretches during our tapers. Right off the bat I would say to please try slowing down and reducing the size of your cuts. For now, I would just hold for a while - weeks if needed. It is hard to tell from your signature where you are at exactly, but if you were relatively stable on your last dose, you may need to consider an up dose to that previous dose and then hold, hold, hold. After stabilizing, then be VERY cautious with how much you cut. I had a similar thing happen to me - was doing fine, then did a 1 mg cut at 14 mg, and ended up a disaster. It was intolerable so I HAD to up dose or I was going to do something desperate.

I also don't know what age you are or your medical history. If you are severely prone to PMS realize that benzo withdrawal messes with your hormones, and you may need help with this issue from your doctor. However, before running to the ob/gyn, please try holding for a while until things stabilize, and if you have to up dose to your previous dose and hold. Up dosing is not a very popular solution, but it is sometimes the ONLY thing that can help stop your current state of agony and get things running smoothly again.

I hope this helped. Others will chime in I'm sure. Read all the advice given and then choose what you feel is the best option for you.

I hope you feel better soon.