Why I went cold turkey and my biggest regret. (Valium)

[rw...]

I have a new job staring on Monday. I decided that it would be a good idea to stop taking benzos before driving truck. The last dose I took was on the 6th. 30mg. Stone cold stopped, put the rest in the toilet. Now. that was 2 weeks ago. I am not sleeping too well (4hours in the past 3 days. I was sleeping well yesterday evening and my GF (Who lives in China so it was afternoon for her) called me. Things seem to be getting better. But I'm really worried about this piss test.You see, I was prescribed this in CHINA where there isn't a paper prescription process. So no record. I'm scared. Literally my entire life is riding on this job.

Does anyone here know how long diazapam stays in the body/is detectable in urine?

Thank you guys.

[76...]
"On average, a saliva test can detect Valium or its metabolites for 7-9 days after the last dose of the drug was taken. Blood tests are thought to be similarly effective, but are better for those who are long-term users. Urine tests are the most commonly used drug tests and can detect Valium metabolites for weeks after the last dose. Hair follicle tests can detect built up Valium for up to 90 days, though this kind of test is less reliable than others."

30mg is a high dose to cold turkey from. Sorry that you're having a tough time. I read somewhere once that Valium is in your system for up to 3 months. If someone knows better please say.

30mg is a high dose to cold turkey from. Sorry that you're having a tough time. I read somewhere once that Valium is in your system for up to 3 months. If someone knows better please say.

Then I'm DOOMED!!!  Yet, If I had done crystal METH instead, I'd be set because it only hangs out for 3 days I see.

::)

Hi lots of info on this link regarding you question, the other thing I am very concerned about is 30mg is a lot to go CT form and be truck driving?  Its not just yourself your putting at risk but other people as well, withdrawal is a bitch with many faces and they all turn up announced, in all their bizzareness physically and mentally. If you've been on them for sometime you really should go get medical help to get a taper sorted out.  I am not suggesting you do this but many people on here got them illicitly to do a taper off  when they were stopped by force CT by their own Drs, or due to the fact they been getting them illicitly in the first place.  There are people on here who had no withdrawal at all until months after stopping the drugs then got hit severely out of the blue.

How Long Does Valium Stay In Your System?

https://mentalhealthdaily.com/2015/11/13/how-long-does-valium-stay-in-your-system/

Love Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

i cold turkeyed off a similar dose following surgery - depends on how often you were using it - if daily - then you may have trouble- for me - i was tested 16 days after cold turkey off similar dose and the amount in my system was extremely high  - i had used it daily for several weeks. if it was only once a week or so - it may not have accumulated to be around that long

i cold turkeyed off a similar dose following surgery - depends on how often you were using it - if daily - then you may have trouble- for me - i was tested 16 days after cold turkey off similar dose and the amount in my system was extremely high  - i had used it daily for several weeks. if it was only once a week or so - it may not have accumulated to be around that long

Oh man...... im so screwed, :(

No. You are not screwed!!! Everyone is different on how they heal from benzo use. There is no way to know how long YOUR healing will take. But you will heal as long as you dont take them again! It is that simple.

Going CT off a benzo is never a good idea, but in your situation, it probably wont make a difference.

Now, quit worrying. Relax a little. Make a decision to never use drugs again that could mess you up. Get through this, and do not resort to alcohol or other drugs. You will find yourself a much healthier person who has a much clearer mind.

No. You are not screwed!!! Everyone is different on how they heal from benzo use. There is no way to know how long YOUR healing will take. But you will heal as long as you dont take them again! It is that simple.

Going CT off a benzo is never a good idea, but in your situation, it probably wont make a difference.

Now, quit worrying. Relax a little. Make a decision to never use drugs again that could mess you up. Get through this, and do not resort to alcohol or other drugs. You will find yourself a much healthier person who has a much clearer mind.

You are correct. I'm in the emergency room now. Urine came back negative. The doctor is going to give me something tho, because I look like shit and haven't slept in 3 nights.

I don't know what to do? What if they put me on another benzo?'omg........

Thank you guys.

Update:

Dr gave me 28 5mg valium in the ER last night and a shot of Ativan. He said "taper slowly"..I guess im lucky to get them I have to show up at work tomorrow.

Please think about this. Just because a doctor gives you a prescription for something, that does NOT mean you should just take the pills! YOU are the owner of your body and brain and only YOU can decide what drugs you want to take! We put way too much trust in physicians.

I am sorry you seem to have reinstated. I am sure you had good reason to but its a little setback anyway. You are starting a new job, and I am sure you need the money from it to keep on going! Please try to taper off slowly and carefully.

Rick, you can do this. I know you can.

Your withdrawal is awful I know, but many others have gone before you and managed to not only survive, but thrive!

Put yourself first right now. You are the MOST important person in your life. Only you can control what happens to you. And you can make it through the misery of benzo withdrawal.