Impossible to taper

[ne...]

I am off Ativan for 3 years and 7 months. Wd are still horrific but anyway I tried to reduce the last med I am on (Lamictal). I am VERY sensitive and already crashed in the past so I thought I would be really slow by tapering as followed:

0.25mg every 7 days 3x in march

0.5mg in June 2x

That's a total of 1.75mg of a 72.5 mg dose.

After the last cut I started getting increased anxiety and weakness as well as depression so I updosed 0.5mg. at the end of June. Didn't help so updosed another 0.5mg end of June. Didn't help. I am getting worse and the feeling of having a complete nervous breakdown are getting stronger every day. I don't know what do do at this point?

Do I hold or go up again? I am afraid that all this dose jumping will make things even worse. And most of all I am shocked that I am obviously not able to taper.

Any advise would be very welcome.

I'm sorry you are going through this. I know I am also struggling. Polydrugging is the worst. I know many people who have gotten off multiple drugs and it took a while to heal but they are feeling better now and so much happier. I know the pain, I am weak and so fatigued. Just hoping my body starts healing soon.

Thanks for the reply, Linnie,

yes, without any doubt, polydrugging is the worst. I wish  I cold turkeyed that poison all together 3.5 years ago. I just can't believe I have to go through yet another wd.

And I really wonder how people do this. Wait until benzo wd is completely over...or taper while still in hell...or wait and at least stabilize before starting the next taper...or whatever.

Fact is I am not stabilizing even after years off the benzo and that is freaking horrible.