Benedryl

[nh...]

I took one bendryl at 3:00 am last night, my anxiety is completely gone I feel great my migraine is not here my stomach feels normal, my depression is gone only thing I have is ringing in my ears I don't understand why I feel like this, hydroxyzine did nothing for me can someone help

Benedryl helps me as well with the physical symptoms.  I just have to be very careful and only take 1/4 cuts of one tablet during the day, as it can make me too sleepy.

I take hydroxyzine which is in the benedryl family. It does help. I was given it when detoxing in the hospital back in March and for some reason have forgotten to take it during the times I've most needed it. This past Monday, however, I did remember and it was a blessing. I won't suffer through horrific bouts of anxiety as that appears to be my most prominent symptom. I get physically very sick as well as mentally and can't function. I become completely debilitated.

Hi NHBuck,

Benadryl is fine with me as well. However, I tend to find it only works for 3 days max then I tolerate it and feel no benefit from it. So I must use it only once in a while. the only other thing is should you come down with a chest cold my dr. told me to drink lots of water the drying action of benedryl can inhibit productive coughs to remove phlegm.

Eutychus

What dose of Benadryl helps with anxiety, depression, etc.?  I have 25 mg tablets, but never took more than one at a time to help me sleep.

I also use Benadryl once in a while, to help the first nights after a cut, when the insomnia hits me really bad!

But no longer than three nights in a row...