Panic Attacks Lifting Weights? Chest pain for days? Frequent Rib pain.

[DC...]

All the books and online resources say that exercise will help reduce anxiety and help with BWS. So, to prepare myself for medicine free anxiety management I try to meditate and work out.

Now, when I was at higher doses of the Valium, the working out made me feel great. But since I hit about 3mg and less, it actually stopped having the great effect, and now actually make me much worse. Let me explain an average workout for me:

*Workout, heart rate averages 100 then spikes from 120-140 bpm (used to be around 90-110 the whole workout and I am in BETTER shape now)

*I start getting dizzy spells and weak shakey legs

*Weights that aren't heavy randomly become super heavy

*Arms feel floaty or limp, yet I can still lift

*Then I do have a brief window of feeling OK

*When I go on the elliptical, I start to feel like my legs are filled with lead (after about 2-3 minutes) and it feels like its hard to move my legs. My head/face feels tingly. So I stop.

*This has been going on for at least 3 weeks and about 12 workouts.

Then for the rest of the night I have chest pain, nausea, and feel lightheaded..Real sore neck, Days after I have back, sternum and rib pain.

*Yes I drink plenty of water and eat.

*I had my heart tested a few months ago (EGK, Echocardiogram, Blood-work and Holter Monitor) (Stress test next week).

*I was in great shape before. I walk about 12,000 steps a day, 20,000 on weekends and used to run 5Ks.

*I did hurt my neck a month ago. I was straining very hard to do pull-ups and got a stinger from the back of my head/neck the rest of the workout. It comes back time to time.Since then, I also seem to get panic attacks when I put pressure on the back between the shoulder blades, like shoulder press or reverse flies.

This happened since I started cutting low.

Does this happen to other people?

Not the same, but a good dirt bike ride sure fuks me up..

But a gentle one is manageable, If I allow the 3-4 days rest after...

Less might be best until you find a rhythm..

-Rather like working out taper speeds..

:)

I don’t have chest pain like you do, but the weight lifting does cause me a spike in anxiety. Mi heart rate goes through the roof and I have to take long breaks in between sets.

I’ve freezed my gym membership for the month of August and took out a full month at a hot yoga place. That practice relaxes me and I walk out very calm. It sucks because I’ve always been super fit and now my body shape is not a sculpted, but I have to listen to my body and I’m gonna Give it a  rest for a few weeks and see how it goes.

Let us know if you make changes and if you improve.

Good luck

Will

I don’t have chest pain like you do, but the weight lifting does cause me a spike in anxiety. Mi heart rate goes through the roof and I have to take long breaks in between sets.

I’ve freezed my gym membership for the month of August and took out a full month at a hot yoga place. That practice relaxes me and I walk out very calm. It sucks because I’ve always been super fit and now my body shape is not a sculpted, but I have to listen to my body and I’m gonna Give it a  rest for a few weeks and see how it goes.

Let us know if you make changes and if you improve.

Good luck

Will

Thank you for your post. I hope after you heal you are a Titan of the gym once again.

Be well, Wiil!

I don't lift weights but earlier in my taper I noticed pretty much the same when I stressed my muscles lifting something heavy, I would get dizzy, heart rate increase and then my nervous system would feel very fragile.

I don't lift weights but earlier in my taper I noticed pretty much the same when I stressed my muscles lifting something heavy, I would get dizzy, heart rate increase and then my nervous system would feel very fragile.

Do you still get it? Any idea what causes it?

I was able to lift weights earlier in my taper but now any exercise sends me into a crash. Proceed with caution. You may need to go easy on the gym until you heal up a bit.