Effexor

[07...]

So I know it isn't in my signature but I've been on 150mg Effexor for almost 11 years. I just didn't think about it much throughout my benzo withdrawal. I've had a couple small windows now (2,3 hours). I need opinions as to how this might be affecting my recovery. I know baylissa says to wait but I would like other experiences. I'm in a huge wave now, tortured with anxiety and generally not well at all.

I know several people in the benzo groups still healed completely while on antidepressants.  Unless it is specifically causing issues (issues you had before tapering benzos), then I would wait a while to taper it.  I was on effexor for years and got off without issues, but I know many others have a very hard time with that one.  I wouldn't start tapering it unless you know for sure it is causing issues.  Otherwise, it could actually be holding back some of the benzo withdrawal symptoms.  Personally, I think you are better off waiting a while for your nervous system to settle down before starting another taper.

So I know it isn't in my signature but I've been on 150mg Effexor for almost 11 years. I just didn't think about it much throughout my benzo withdrawal. I've had a couple small windows now (2,3 hours). I need opinions as to how this might be affecting my recovery. I know baylissa says to wait but I would like other experiences. I'm in a huge wave now, tortured with anxiety and generally not well at all.

No doubt you’re feeling unwell if you’re four months out of Xanax, just after the mirt CT and tapering Gabapentin. I don’t think this is Effexor. I was on Effexor for two years, while off the BZD. I felt very calm on it.